Help with turbo. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-30-2005, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Help with turbo.

Hey everybody I just pulled a couple of turbos a few minutes ago. Now I need y'all's help to make em work. They are both small turbos. One is off of an older supra and one is off of an Eclipse (1990 maybe?)...The eclipse one is like baseball size and the Supra is bigger than a softball. The supra turbo is a Toyota CT26 turbo....but I will be shaving the lettering off if I can get it to work with my stang. I heard that you can make any turbo work on most any car. Is that true? If y'all know anything about this please help me in a list of what I need. Also, I would like to have longtubes, but they will not work with this setup right? Oh yeah, also is there anything else I need to pull off the cars or just the turbo?...The supra has the intercooler, but I am going to go with a custom one or something. I only want to run like maybe 8 pounds of boost...Thanks in advance!

Oh yeah...My stang is a 1988 LX hatch with an offroad X-pipe, cold air intake, mass air conversion and some suspension mods.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-30-2005, 02:15 PM

Trader Feedback: (31)
for a single turbo you need a bigger one. if your going twins then you need 2 of the same size turbos.. there is ALOT more to size then how big.. (a/r ratio,trim, ect.ect) I NO you cant just use any turbo on any engine and no longtubes wont work !!
with only 8 psi no need to intercool and a supra one is too small.. go to www.turbomustangs.com and do some reasearch. it has been gone over many times..

NEVER do business with Sam Rivera AKA Sam Wilson.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-30-2005, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

thanks I apreciate it...I guess I will just get rid of these and go with my the powerdyne for right now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-30-2005, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

I will go with twins after I get the motor built and learn more about it.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-02-2005, 05:50 PM

A pair of those CT26's would work pretty well. The DSM turbos are entirely two small, unless you wanna try a quad turbo.

'95 GT
-DSS low comp. 306/GT-40Y/Cobra U/L
-DIY Single Turbo - Holset WH1E @ 7psi intercooled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement