Turbochargedpower.com stage 1 kit for 93 gt aod - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 08-17-2005, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (6)
Turbochargedpower.com stage 1 kit for 93 gt aod

Does anyone have this kit? I saw the article in Muscle Mustang in the 2004 Issue. They used a 1991 GT with 120k miles and an AOD for their test mule. Anyway They put the Stage 1 kit on it , $4500. It comes with electric fans, MAF, 42# injectors, 255 lph fuel pump, 3 core intercooler, and headers.

Im guessing this is a saving of around 1400 bucks for these parts alone, let alone the turbo kit.

They had a substantial power gain on this stock high mile car, basically im wondering, with this stage 1 kit, does anyone have it, and how do they lik eit. And if anyone has anything like it, pro's, cons?

I'd rather be on rope in a deep deep pit cave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
There are guys with this kit floating around the online forums. I personally would do your research on all turbo kit companies before making a decision based on a magazine article. Some other companies I would look into would be Hellion and Turbo Technology Inc, the first one is the only turbo kit company that has the kits sitting on the shelf and the second one is the only one that consistantly gets them out in the quote timeframes they give. You are going to find as you research turbo kit companies that a lot of them are really, really, really bad about being there to answer your questions so you spend your money but then taking forever to deliver the product and often times horrible about answer why it is taking so long. Beyond timeframes you should research build quality of kits, I know some companies just MIG the stuff up and tend to have quality that you would be upset with after spending $4k or more on a turbo kit.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-18-2005, 02:01 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
The company your wanting is HP Performance. This is the direct link to their 79-93 mustang turbo kits.They are the ones that the maganize used on that car, I have the same issue. Wizard is right, you should do research before going with a company just because a magazine did.
Good luck finding the right kit.

http://turbochargedpower.com/79-93%20Mustang.htm

Peace Out
Drew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 08-19-2005, 02:43 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
check out turbomustangs.com .. you will read the horror stories.. Mainly because delay in shipping. Hellion has 20+ kits in stock for every kit offered.. so no lies there.
post #5 of 10 Old 08-19-2005, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (6)
Thanks guys, the help is appreciated.

I'd rather be on rope in a deep deep pit cave.
post #6 of 10 Old 08-20-2005, 07:53 AM

Trader Feedback: (8)
I`ve got Forcedfab stage I Fox kit and it took all most 6 months to get it. I placed order in end of January 2005 and got most of the stuff in June and last pieces in July plus had to fabricate all kinds of small things I never got by myself. Originally it was supposed to ship by 1st of March.

That truly sucks with these turbo kit makers. They can`t keep the promised dates. The quality of the kit is awesome and seems to work fine but waiting for half a year is not too cool. I`m still tuning the car I planned on racing in May.. I wish Summit or Jegs would sell these kits..

I`d go now with Hellion, seems that they have been doing a good job delivering in a week or so.
post #7 of 10 Old 08-22-2005, 10:35 AM

I bought an HP kit and I'm very happy with it and the service.
post #8 of 10 Old 08-29-2005, 01:33 PM
Formerly known as dugscpe
NOTICE: THIS MEMBER HAS ISSUES WITH CLASSIFIEDS TRANSACTIONS THAT MUST BE RESOLVED.

Trader Feedback: (-6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo5oh
I bought an HP kit and I'm very happy with it and the service.
Make sure you do a lot of research before you buy from any company. HP has had more than its fair share complaints about service, quality, and bad business in general.
post #9 of 10 Old 08-30-2005, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugscpe
Make sure you do a lot of research before you buy from any company. HP has had more than its fair share complaints about service, quality, and bad business in general.

Agree.
I bought mine 3 years ago before they started having "issues". HOWEVER, The power is awesome (I find).
post #10 of 10 Old 08-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo5oh
Agree.
I bought mine 3 years ago before they started having "issues". HOWEVER, The power is awesome (I find).
They had "issues" back when they first started selling Mustang kits to the public, did not realize it had been 3 years though. I just remember when my friend in Detroit bought one of their kits back then and after all the troubles he went through he finally ended up just returning it.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement