POWERSTROKE DIESEL TURBO ?'s - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-11-2005, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (10)
POWERSTROKE DIESEL TURBO ?'s

got a question on a PS turbo off a 03 7.3 PS truck....

what would be engine size ci. wise recommended?

h/c/i 302 would it work good on a 351w,my buddy is looking into building a turbo kit, he has a 377w and a 347w he can put the turbo on either, and he wants to know which is best.

what is the MAX HP that can be optained with one of these turbos, i believe its a .80 A/R, not the newer 1.?A/R

1967 Mustang Coupe H/C/I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
1986 T-top GT supercharged
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
1986 GT
Sold
1990 GT
Sold
1987 H/C/I GT
Sold
1995 Kawasaki Ninja (totaled
)
92 COUPE H/C/I SUPERCHARGED 302 w/450rwhp with a lil ol powerdyne w/6lbs of boost!!!

SOLD

92 Black GT Coming soon! to a track near you!!

95GT H/C/Ikinda slow...
but it has a F.A.S.T b2b
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-11-2005, 08:25 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
I think it would work well on a 351, but that turbine is awfully big for a 302. I wouldn't use it with anything less than a 351. as for hp, my guess is, it would probably support up to 700hp or so. Also I think all powerstrokes use odd mounting flanges, so you might need to make your own, unless you can find someone selling custom pieces.

Chris
1990 Mustang LX

306 Short Block
T70 DIY turbo, 36# injectors, 80MM Pro-M, Ported Stock Heads, Explorer Intake w/ Ported Lower, TwEECer R/T and PLX-300
Handling
'95 GT Brake Booster, SVO M/C, Willwood adj prop valve, Cadillac Rear Disc conversion w/Mark 7 rotors, 5-lug, 13" Cobra front brakes, '98 Cobras
385rwhp/446rwtq 11psi
post #3 of 7 Old 08-22-2005, 10:10 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
how many mm is the superduty turbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-28-2005, 09:12 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
powerstroke turbos are a pain with the oil drain and return flanges unless your getting it for free your better off maybe using something else and I think they only support around 550hp or so I think 700hp is a bit on the high side but I could be wrong I never used one on any of my setups but I heard theyre a bitch because of the mounting flange.
post #5 of 7 Old 08-30-2005, 12:19 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
I hear alot about people contemplating using them. Seems others who NEVER have used/installed one always scare/discourage others from using it. I vaguely remember a guy from Dallas (turboTodd was his name I think) built a set-up with one. He kind of disappeared from the interweb following that though.
I say go for it. Not enough real world data about them in Mustangs it seems.

Mr. M. M. Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
Stop crying, its just the internet. Life gets alot harder than some screen name on a message board not liking what you do to your car.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-04-2005, 12:57 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
i got one off a 99 model going to run it on a blow thru carb setup i hope it works
post #7 of 7 Old 12-09-2005, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex in Houston
I hear alot about people contemplating using them. Seems others who NEVER have used/installed one always scare/discourage others from using it. I vaguely remember a guy from Dallas (turboTodd was his name I think) built a set-up with one. He kind of disappeared from the interweb following that though.
I say go for it. Not enough real world data about them in Mustangs it seems.
u might be referring to TODD he lives out in Tyler Tx.

he is the guy i got the kit from, here's a few pix of the kit....

welds have been cleaned up a bit, some parts have been rewelded w/smoother welds...

and i might be switching from just running the downpipe and a bullet muffler like shown on the 2nd picture...

i will be running an electric cut out to a Y-pipe into a Bassani x-pipe and running dual dynamax mufflers... we'll see.

1967 Mustang Coupe H/C/I
Sold
1986 T-top GT supercharged
Sold
1986 GT
Sold
1990 GT
Sold
1987 H/C/I GT
Sold
1995 Kawasaki Ninja (totaled
)
92 COUPE H/C/I SUPERCHARGED 302 w/450rwhp with a lil ol powerdyne w/6lbs of boost!!!

SOLD

92 Black GT Coming soon! to a track near you!!

95GT H/C/Ikinda slow...
but it has a F.A.S.T b2b

Last edited by stng5pnt8; 12-09-2005 at 06:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement