Best "bolt-on" complete turbo kit?? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 08-08-2005, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Best "bolt-on" complete turbo kit??

I have an 88 LX 5.0 and that is basically stock and i was wondering if there is a small turbo kit made that is a complete bolt on, including the turbo, all hardware, fuel upgrades and intercooler that is sold and makes adding a turbo to a 5.0 easy. Also, if any of you have used it, how well did it work for you?? How hard to get 380 rwhp out of a stock 5.0 with a turbo??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 08-09-2005, 01:43 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWymard
I have an 88 LX 5.0 and that is basically stock and i was wondering if there is a small turbo kit made that is a complete bolt on, including the turbo, all hardware, fuel upgrades and intercooler that is sold and makes adding a turbo to a 5.0 easy. Also, if any of you have used it, how well did it work for you?? How hard to get 380 rwhp out of a stock 5.0 with a turbo??

www.turbomustangs.com

they have a list of turbo kit makers.

Hellion power systems has to be the hottest oen right now. THere is also a place called turbo time in IL near where i live that has a hidden turbo system.

I dont anything bout them yet.!!! going to see the shop hopefully i a week or so.

but check out the above website. they can tell you alot more.

post #3 of 19 Old 08-09-2005, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivocapri
www.turbomustangs.com

they have a list of turbo kit makers.

Hellion power systems has to be the hottest oen right now. THere is also a place called turbo time in IL near where i live that has a hidden turbo system.

I dont anything bout them yet.!!! going to see the shop hopefully i a week or so.

but check out the above website. they can tell you alot more.
If I were in the market for a turbo, I would definitely go with Hellion. In stock, on the shelf kits ready to ship...everything needed down to the zip ties, and supposedly really good instructions. Even comes with a tubluar front suspension.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 08-09-2005, 10:45 AM

Trader Feedback: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballGuy05
Even comes with a tubluar front suspension.
That's for the newer cars with the modular engines. The fox-body kits don't come with the tubular suspension. What I like about the Hellion, is that you don't have to cut into your engine bay to route the kit.

Kevin
post #5 of 19 Old 08-09-2005, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93FIVEOH
That's for the newer cars with the modular engines. The fox-body kits don't come with the tubular suspension. What I like about the Hellion, is that you don't have to cut into your engine bay to route the kit.

another thing is that his kits come with a turbocharger. I have seem some kits that claim the same thing as john does with his but when you go to see what the price is you have to add in a turbo. which bumps the price to well over a 1k over what hellion is selling their systems at.
post #6 of 19 Old 08-09-2005, 12:57 PM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
Turbo Technology Inc(TTI) also sells complete street turbo kits for that car. With it being an 88 you might want/need to convert the car to mass air. Turbo Time is ran by Ivan who used to get onto online mustang turbo forums a lot. I have never had the chance to see his kits in person but do know he is a very picky indidual so they probably are not lacking in quality.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 19 Old 08-09-2005, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe656
Turbo Technology Inc(TTI) also sells complete street turbo kits for that car. With it being an 88 you might want/need to convert the car to mass air. Turbo Time is ran by Ivan who used to get onto online mustang turbo forums a lot. I have never had the chance to see his kits in person but do know he is a very picky indidual so they probably are not lacking in quality.

thats is good to know. Turbo time is only hour away from where i live. I hope to visit the shop next week.
post #8 of 19 Old 08-09-2005, 03:31 PM

How long has Turbo Time been established?

Kevin
post #9 of 19 Old 08-09-2005, 03:49 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93FIVEOH
How long has Turbo Time been established?
I think a few years now, I vaguely remember when he started R&D and "broke ground" to build a shop. I know he had been doing turbo kits prior to that but it was resell/install if memory serves me right.

I like the idea behind their kits a lot and if I were doing a Fox body car again I would definately be considering between them, Hellion and TTI. I have never seen one of Turbo Time or Hellion kits in person though so I can not vouche one way or the other about their quality.

Fivocapri, the owner of Turbo Time has a low mileaged black coupe that he tested their first single and then twin low mount kits on, maybe he keeps it at the shop to be seen. Have you called and talked to them? Their kits are pricey, especially the stainless one, big contributer is that they do them in 321 stainless and that stuff is far from cheap.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 19 Old 08-09-2005, 04:16 PM

Quote:
I think a few years now, I vaguely remember when he started R&D and "broke ground" to build a shop. I know he had been doing turbo kits prior to that but it was resell/install if memory serves me right.

I like the idea behind their kits a lot and if I were doing a Fox body car again I would definately be considering between them, Hellion and TTI. I have never seen one of Turbo Time or Hellion kits in person though so I can not vouche one way or the other about their quality.

Fivocapri, the owner of Turbo Time has a low mileaged black coupe that he tested their first single and then twin low mount kits on, maybe he keeps it at the shop to be seen. Have you called and talked to them? Their kits are pricey, especially the stainless one, big contributer is that they do them in 321 stainless and that stuff is far from cheap.
I called turbo time yesterday. I like to talk in person, so hopefully in a bout a weeki am going to go visit. The kits are not that pricey if you stop and think about it. $3695 with the mild steel and $4995 with the 321 stainless. Turbo time's price is right inline with Hellions price.

Last edited by Fivocapri; 08-09-2005 at 04:29 PM.
post #11 of 19 Old 08-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
I called turbo time yesterday, I like to talk in person. The kits are not that pricey if you stop and think about it. $3695 with the mild steel and $4995 with the 321 stainless. Turbo time's price is right inline with Hellions price.
True, although some would like to argue that Hellion kits as well as TTI ones are too much money as well. Let us know how the shop visit goes. There is also something to be said about being able to go with a company "local" to you.

--Admiral Aaron

post #12 of 19 Old 08-10-2005, 03:11 AM

Quote:
True, although some would like to argue that Hellion kits as well as TTI ones are too much money as well. Let us know how the shop visit goes. There is also something to be said about being able to go with a company "local" to you.

I didnt even know they existed untill a few days ago. lol

but yeah it is very nice to have some one local that is easy access. I close on my house hopefully on the 15th. I want to get down there by the end of next week. Will definately keep yah informed on the visit
post #13 of 19 Old 08-26-2005, 10:10 AM

hellion.................
post #14 of 19 Old 08-26-2005, 10:21 AM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
I didnt even know they existed untill a few days ago. lol

but yeah it is very nice to have some one local that is easy access. I close on my house hopefully on the 15th. I want to get down there by the end of next week. Will definately keep yah informed on the visit
Did you ever make it up to their shop?

--Admiral Aaron

post #15 of 19 Old 08-27-2005, 11:32 AM

Trader Feedback: (6)
And just for the record, my stock 132k mile long blocked car with a 67s and an older PTK kit put down 380 something at the rear wheels and 490 ft/lb's of torque at 10#'s. Useing 42# injectors, and pro-m univer and a 255lph intank pump.

So yes it's not that difficult to make that much power

91 Strawberry Coupe
post #16 of 19 Old 08-28-2005, 11:17 PM

Trader Feedback: (62)
I got my kit from Hp performance. There web address is www.turbochargedpower.com
I think it is a very nice kit and it came with everything that i needed, even zip ties. and you should beable to get 380hp out of it. You can even give them a call and ask them all the question that you want, they helped me out all the way. If you want pics of one on a car they have them on the web sit and i can send you some just pm me
post #17 of 19 Old 08-29-2005, 12:11 AM

Did you install the HP kit yourself? I have seen a few warning threads about them. But different reactions will always be had.

Kevin
post #18 of 19 Old 08-29-2005, 05:36 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
I am quite happy with my PTK kit...
post #19 of 19 Old 09-09-2005, 11:30 PM

I am trying to put a group buy together on pro turbo kits.. Let me know if you are interested or subscribe to my thread in the group purchase section!

04 Mystic Cobra, 08 Dodge Ram HEMI
In Memory 9.11.01
Champ 9-12-03 Im gonna miss ya bud!!
"If everything is under control, you are going to slow"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement