Got a turbo afterall!!!! NEEDS to be CLEANED up a bit HELP!!! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-18-2005, 02:16 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Got a turbo afterall!!!! NEEDS to be CLEANED up a bit HELP!!!

i bought a turbo kit instead of the SC, i got a really unbelievable deal from a guy that needed money in a bad way, $1,500 for a complete used kit, including T-60 turbo and intercooler....the guy went [email protected] on a COMPLETELY (fuelsystem, gears, cam, intake, TB, EVERYTHING) STOCK 91GT, spinning....w/ 10psi....my only problem is that the coating on the tubing on the hot side looks pretty worn due to the heat, i really wanna coat it, but i dont know of powdercoating will hold up......should i rap the turbo header and flange??? there is no one to ceramic coat it in my area either... what about Header paint???? some one please give me some kind of advice...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-18-2005, 07:51 AM

Trader Feedback: (20)
Wrapping is probably a good idea. Sounds like your going to have some fun!
Erich

97 Laser Red GT-248A Wingless model, Built Lincoln Mark VIII motor-Procharger D1SC, 3 core IC
2012 Black GT-Saddle, 3.73s, Brembos, Shaker1000
post #3 of 7 Old 07-18-2005, 01:35 PM

Trader Feedback: (61)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGVBadBoy
i bought a turbo kit instead of the SC, i got a really unbelievable deal from a guy that needed money in a bad way, $1,500 for a complete used kit, including T-60 turbo and intercooler....the guy went [email protected] on a COMPLETELY (fuelsystem, gears, cam, intake, TB, EVERYTHING) STOCK 91GT, spinning....w/ 10psi....my only problem is that the coating on the tubing on the hot side looks pretty worn due to the heat, i really wanna coat it, but i dont know of powdercoating will hold up......should i rap the turbo header and flange??? there is no one to ceramic coat it in my area either... what about Header paint???? some one please give me some kind of advice...
Powercoating the hotside will not last long at all..If u can strip off all the coating on the pipes, then i would send them out to Jet Hot Coatings..I think header paint really wouldn't last long, If u just want to coat it for cheap try some Grill paint (for the BBQ grill) at like Home Depot of something.
Goodluck
Erik
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-18-2005, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

thanks alot guys, where can i send the pipes to be jet hot coated??? i like that idea alot more than grill paint....also, if i jet hot the turbo header, should i still wrap it???
post #5 of 7 Old 07-18-2005, 02:55 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Boy, I'm afraid you've got quite a problem on your hands. I tell you what, just because I'm a nice guy I'll take this kit off your hands. I guess I can give you the $1500 you paid for it if I must. No need to thank me I'm just trying to help one person at a time.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-18-2005, 03:07 PM

Trader Feedback: (61)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGVBadBoy
thanks alot guys, where can i send the pipes to be jet hot coated??? i like that idea alot more than grill paint....also, if i jet hot the turbo header, should i still wrap it???
Here is some info...
www.jet-hot.com
order 1-800-432-3379
tech 1-610-277-5646

I wouldn't wrap the hotside if u get it coated from jet-hot..It has a nice ceraminc coating look to it, plus if u wrap the hot side it might destroy the coating??
goodluck
Erik
post #7 of 7 Old 07-18-2005, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownstang01
Boy, I'm afraid you've got quite a problem on your hands. I tell you what, just because I'm a nice guy I'll take this kit off your hands. I guess I can give you the $1500 you paid for it if I must. No need to thank me I'm just trying to help one person at a time.
HAHA, nice try....

and thanks for the info Rider...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement