HP Customer Service - Disapointment - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 07-13-2005, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
HP Customer Service - Disapointment

Well, after purchasing a twin turbo kit from HP last fall, this summer I decided to drop a whole new motor in the car for more boost.
The car is basically finished and all down to the tuning. Received a custom program from HP for the predator. Tune ended up running too lean. Contacted them for a new tune (tune is encrypted) It's taken almost a week just to get a new tune from them. After several phone calls with a promise it would be sent literally each day it finally came through. Tune is still off a bit, but better. Four more phone calls (from both myself and the performance shop), four unreturned phone calls all day. Yep, I certainly feel like I'm getting the shaft.
My performance shop is getting pissed and HP is blowing me off. After all the money you spend you'd think you could get a little customer service from a company like this. Especially with an encrypted tune.
Now I have a friend who bought a kit for his fox body and had nothing but great things to say about them and their service, which is the main reason why I went with them over all the other turbo companies. But so far, my experience has been horrible. Anyone else had problems with them? Any recommendations to get this resolved quickly?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 07-13-2005, 09:02 PM

Trader Feedback: (7)
Every car is different. Get a custom tune done by someone capable JMO

post #3 of 14 Old 07-14-2005, 02:09 AM

Trader Feedback: (101)
I agree w/ evilgooses. Take it to a dyno and get it tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 07-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrasaleen
Anyone else had problems with them? Any recommendations to get this resolved quickly?
Well, first thing to do is what you have done and that is post it on the internet, best to post it on turbomustangs.com because seems like everyone who complains about them gets quicker responses.

Now I agree with the other two and every car is different and you should get a custom tune done locally. However companies saying they will do something and not do it and failing consistantly to return your phone calls certainly sounds like horrible customer service and something people need to weigh because it seems to be hit or miss with a lot of turbo kit companies. Some people have GREAT experiences and some have HORRIBLE and some just have OKAY, but everyone is only willing to put up with so much.

I personally would get a refund on the chip and send it back to them then go with something local to you. If there are no local options I'd at least go with something non-encrypted so perhaps changes can be done locally with help maybe from the actual programmer via the phone or something.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 Old 07-14-2005, 03:16 PM

Me 4, get someone local to tune it instead.

I decided that HP's understanding and knowledge in the area of tuning was limited at best as soon as I heard they recommend just leaving the IAT sensor dangling in the engine bay since "its not that important" on their sn95 turbo kit.

-Jason
post #6 of 14 Old 07-14-2005, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

HP has proven to me once again why I picked them above all the other turbo companies. Nathan contacted me today and is taking care of everything. After talking with him I've found out there were some mixups and misunderstandings between myself and the place I purchased the kit. Was told one thing when in fact the shop was wrong with their facts. But Nathan is going out of his way to take care of the tuning issue even though there are issues that aren't his responsibility. Talk about taking customer service to the highest level. Thanks HP, Your product has perfromed top notch and you guys went above and beyond the extra mile to make a customer happy and satisfied.
post #7 of 14 Old 07-15-2005, 01:12 AM

Cool! I'm glad nathan stepped up and got everything squared away for you.

-Jason
post #8 of 14 Old 07-17-2005, 04:10 PM

me too...........over the year's, i have seen about a 50/50 mix of happy and mad customer's over hp's customer service.........most end up happy though, after they get everything lined out and feel that turbo power take off...........

hotwheels of insanemustangs.com
post #9 of 14 Old 08-07-2005, 03:22 AM

i wish i could say i had a good experience with hp , i had to cancel my order with them for emergency reasons, and tried to explain to them i really need my money back asap, they told me by law that they have 30 days but they would see if they could get it back to me in a week or so, it didnt take them a week or so to take my money, and it took a full 30 days for me to get it back, so instead of buying there turbo kit i went with hellion, and john and amy at hellion are great. in fact i got my kit in less than a week.

88 Turbo lx hatch SOLD
2014 KenneBell Powered GTHG mustang GT
2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 ( low miles for trade or sale )
Shopping for a convertible Terminator
post #10 of 14 Old 08-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Turbo Wizard

Well as with most turbo kit companies, I would not be surprised if your money was spent before they even got it. New orders pay for old orders seems to be quite common in this hobby.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 14 Old 08-07-2005, 12:26 PM

Quote:
New orders pay for old orders seems to be quite common in this hobby.
so true......

hotwheels
post #12 of 14 Old 08-29-2005, 12:17 AM

I am still waiting for my kit. I have been lied to twice so far about my delivery date and I do not get any returned emails or phone calls. If I had it to do over again I would have gone with Hellion. In fact if I don't get my kit soon I will cancel my order and contact Hellion.
post #13 of 14 Old 08-29-2005, 07:29 AM

Trader Feedback: (20)
They ARE bad at returning phone calls (in my experience anyway). But they are not out to rip anyone off-just a small operation with alot of orders. I would try and contact them rather than waiting and being mad. Good luck.
Erich

97 Laser Red GT-248A Wingless model, Built Lincoln Mark VIII motor-Procharger D1SC, 3 core IC
2012 Black GT-Saddle, 3.73s, Brembos, Shaker1000
post #14 of 14 Old 08-29-2005, 08:31 AM
Turbo Wizard

All of these turbo kit companies are small operations and I would dare say none of them are out to rip anyone off. However some of them are poorly managed and in turn end up "pissing off" customers with uncalled for delays, failure to communicate properly, saying things that turn out not to happen, and so on.

--Admiral Aaron

Sponsored Links
Advertisement