Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 06-08-2005, 09:06 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesarina
Racer walsh turbo kits

What you think???

I think it would be nice if they had more pictures of it. Like maybe on a motor. Possibly in a car.

post #3 of 28 Old 06-08-2005, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

I want a kit that doesnt needs tuning on a dyno for tuning, which kit should i look for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 06-08-2005, 10:27 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
I want a kit that doesnt needs tuning on a dyno for tuning, which kit should i look for?
When you go forced induction, it's in your best interests to get it dyno tuned ASAP.

1986 SVO 1E - G-Force T5, Megasquirt, GT3076R, ported BV head, Engle roller cam, fabbed plenum intake
1969 AMX Big Bad Orange, Go Pack
1991 Plus SHO - ported heads, intake, big brakes, full suspension
post #5 of 28 Old 06-08-2005, 11:04 PM

check out hellion turbo's..............i think you will get twice the package for the money in my own opinion................hotwheels of insanemustangs.com
post #6 of 28 Old 06-08-2005, 11:44 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
That's a PTK kit. Buy it directly from them for $300 less. If you want a complete kit with everything included I don't think PTK can be beat. It comes with Injectors,mass air, fuel pump and FMU.
post #7 of 28 Old 06-09-2005, 01:29 AM

so does the hellion kit,but there is a big differance between the 2,the hellion kit actully fits!!!there is no turbo kit out there or a super charger kit that dosent have to be tuned in some way..if you dont, you will be wasting your time and money!
post #8 of 28 Old 06-09-2005, 04:58 AM

don't buy a turbo kit from PTK, they have good kits but take FOREVER to get them out. i waited for 3 months and then got tired and asked for a refund and found me a used kit.
buy it from someone that has it in stock (right now its only Hellion i think).
post #9 of 28 Old 06-09-2005, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Will a be able to tune my car with the hellion kit just with an FMU and a wideband?
post #10 of 28 Old 06-09-2005, 09:26 PM

yeh you can half ass tune with just a wide band, jacking the fuel pressure up to get the air fuel right,but then the driving around town will suck...dont EVER use a fmu!!!!

post #11 of 28 Old 06-09-2005, 10:04 PM

what crazzylegs said................the hellion is an awesome deal...........anytime you add boost to your car, you should really take it to a dyno and have it tuned..........you can get it running good enough for playing, but it will never see it's full potential till it see's a dyno.............hotwheels of insanemustangs.com
post #12 of 28 Old 06-09-2005, 11:22 PM

How is the Hellion kit an awesome deal at 5K and PTK kit is not at $4600? The ptk kit also comes with a t64 rated at 700hp as well as custom headers, not bassanis like Hellion. Also, Crazzylegs are you saying the PTK kits don't Fit? I'm not sure about that my kit fit absolutely perfect. In regards to FMU's I would probably go with 42's instead but there is no reason why an FMU wont work or that you cant drive around town because it will suck. I have no wideband or dyno time(not the smartest idea) and run up to 20 psi of boost with no problems at all. My car drives like a stocker and in boost is smooth as hell, so an FMU will work just maybe not the best option out there.
post #13 of 28 Old 06-10-2005, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

The problem is that i live in Guatemala and have no dynos here
post #14 of 28 Old 06-10-2005, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

why will driving around town with a FMU suck??
post #15 of 28 Old 06-10-2005, 04:04 AM

FMUs work great, i had an adjustable one from Vortech and ran it with 42lb injectors and a 42lb MAF. the car ran great and had no problems. you just have to know how to set it right.
the stock FPR will not raise the fuel alot, so you have to find a way to raise the pressure. you can use a 1:1 regulator or an FMU.
post #16 of 28 Old 06-10-2005, 02:31 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo94
How is the Hellion kit an awesome deal at 5K and PTK kit is not at $4600? The ptk kit also comes with a t64 rated at 700hp as well as custom headers, not bassanis like Hellion. Also, Crazzylegs are you saying the PTK kits don't Fit? I'm not sure about that my kit fit absolutely perfect. In regards to FMU's I would probably go with 42's instead but there is no reason why an FMU wont work or that you cant drive around town because it will suck. I have no wideband or dyno time(not the smartest idea) and run up to 20 psi of boost with no problems at all. My car drives like a stocker and in boost is smooth as hell, so an FMU will work just maybe not the best option out there.
Why are AC lines a $160 option with the PTK kit, do you have to replace them to retain the AC? Their site looks a little out of date since it mentions a "Bullet Mass Air Meter" and I gussing that is a Pro-M which is no longer made these days, correct?

What is the advantage of custom headers of I am guessing manufactured headers?

I do not think the Hellion is a hell of a deal, maybe a "ok" deal, it actually seems rather pricey. I'd certainly get one but not because of the price or even because it is on the shelf.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 28 Old 06-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Will a be able to tune my car with the hellion kit just with an FMU and a wideband?
No one can answer that question for you. However if you look at what the hellion kit includes you would see it comes with the proper sized injectors for most street cars so no need for an FMU. There are people who tune their cars just via timing and fuel pressure settings then there are people who fail at that and go to tuners.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 28 Old 06-10-2005, 03:56 PM

what snipe said..........one of the only good things about hellion as far as the a/c goes, you don't have to discharge the a/c and then have it refilled.......the kit is suppose to just fit like a glove..........and i totally agree with snipe on the tuning points.......
now, my understanding on an fmu, is that it gives constant fuel pressure all of the time.....a supercharger is constantly spining and putting some sort of air pressure into the engine, so the constant fuel pressure is desired.......however, on a turbo, you don't have the constant air being pushed into the motor, so if you have a fuel pressure regulator that rises with boost, and your injectors are 42#er's or larger, when you go into boost, it gives you the proper amount of fuel at the times when your engine is recieving boost......
I have an lm1 wideband, and it will work to tune your air/fuel.....it even has data logging.........although a dyno is prefer'd.......if you don't have one in your area, then a wideband and possibly a tweecer will help get you on the right track............it is still fun as hell to drive......

hotwheels of insanemustangs
post #19 of 28 Old 06-10-2005, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

what about those fuel pressure regulator that says it has a built-in pressure compensation for supercharged/turbocharged engines like the Mallory unit??
post #20 of 28 Old 06-10-2005, 09:12 PM

yes yes yes...........they are perfect...........i have a kirban on mine.........works awesome..........
post #21 of 28 Old 06-10-2005, 09:18 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Looks like a PTK kit to me

"Nitrous is like hot girl with with STD's. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences."
post #22 of 28 Old 06-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
what about those fuel pressure regulator that says it has a built-in pressure compensation for supercharged/turbocharged engines like the Mallory unit??
I think almost all FPRs do this, even the Ford factory one does this. It will add a 1:1 ratio

--Admiral Aaron

post #23 of 28 Old 06-10-2005, 10:47 PM

Snipe with the PTK kit you need to take off the ac lines and put the custom ones on. When I got my kit from PTK the ac lines were included in the kit, but I just deleted the lines because I ditched my ac. I am assuming that many buyers did not want the lines so PTK decided not to include them anymore and make them an option. In regard to the header comment, I didn't say there was an advantage over off the shelf headers but for 5 thousand dollars I sure would like something custom made.
post #24 of 28 Old 06-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Turbo Wizard

But your comment to me implies that custom would be better than something machine made. I have never seen the Hellion headers in person so do not take this as I am supporting them or not. However my personal views are that machine made things, such as headers(which I assume Bassini has things made not by hand) will tend to have consistant tolerances. Whereas something hand made you are at the mercy of if the welder is good, having a bad day or whatever. Any offsets in the tolerances can lead to cracks, pinholes, or something not fitting right or something getting stressed when it should not. Of course I'd rather just have something custom made on my car.

I do think one argument could be that custom made headers cost more money to make than something a machine pushes out(if we ommit the huge investment in the machine and programming it). With that being the case you would think something put off the assembly line would be a bit less money than something hand made.

--Admiral Aaron

post #25 of 28 Old 06-11-2005, 01:44 PM

Snipe that is exactly what I am am saying. For 5k you should be getting something custom made.
post #26 of 28 Old 06-15-2005, 09:26 PM

Trader Feedback: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyominghotwheels
now, my understanding on an fmu, is that it gives constant fuel pressure all of the time.....a supercharger is constantly spining and putting some sort of air pressure into the engine, so the constant fuel pressure is desired.......however, on a turbo, you don't have the constant air being pushed into the motor, so if you have a fuel pressure regulator that rises with boost, and your injectors are 42#er's or larger, when you go into boost, it gives you the proper amount of fuel at the times when your engine is recieving boost......
You dont think a turbo is constantly spinning. Half of you people have no
idea how an FMU works but heard someone else say they are no good so
you guess they must not be. An FMU does the exact same thing as a boost
sensative regulator except that a regulator only adjusts 1:1 and an FMU
can be set up to adjust from 3:1 to 12:1. I have been using an FMU with
a 3:1 disk, 38# injectors and a stock regulator for years with no issues.
I have no chip and the car idles at 900 rpm and drives like a stocker. A/F
ratio is 11.6:1 and look at my sig for the performance. FMUs must not work,
get an idea.

1995 Vert, 347 S-Trim 10# with Patriot 185cc heads, TFS stage 1 cam, TFS track heat intake and Mr Freeze meth kit. 548 RWHP, 515 TQ, 11.92 @128.32 spinning on 295/35/18 (Non Drag) radials @ 3860 lbs.

87 LX Vortech S Trim 558 RWHP 522 RWT 10.9 @130.5 1.86 60ft on Drag Radials, sold.
post #27 of 28 Old 06-16-2005, 10:22 AM
Turbo Wizard

FMUs in my experience work pretty dang good with a supercharger but not as good with a turbo car. Not to say you can not run with one in a turbo car, just my experience has been it does not work out as well. My theory has always been it is because of the differences in how boost comes on and how the turbo car tends to be more load dependent than the SC which seems to be more RPM based. What I am referring to is for instance when you are cruising down the road at some speed and then decide to get on it. In the turbo cars my experience has been a sometimes pig rich jolt then fine whereas in the supercharger cars it was no where near like that.

--Admiral Aaron

post #28 of 28 Old 06-16-2005, 10:24 AM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo94
Snipe that is exactly what I am am saying. For 5k you should be getting something custom made.
I think for 5k you might be helping pay for their financial investment. They had to have invested a TON of money in order to have things on the shelf like they do. Just speculating though as to why it costs what it does. I do know that stainless tubing is adding a big chunk to the cost to make just like typically a t-netics turbo is a good bit more cost wise than say a PTE turbo.

--Admiral Aaron

Sponsored Links
Advertisement