Adj Boost and Water/Meth - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-20-2005, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Adj Boost and Water/Meth

First, I want to tune the car without the Boost Cooler. Let's say that the car can safely make 15lbs of boost on pump gas this way without the Boost Cooler. This is how I would drive the car daily.

Then, using the same tune as above, I want to turn the Boost Cooler on using a toggle switch and then adjust the boost up as much as the current tune would allow. Maybe this would allow me to go to 20lbs of boost.

This would give give me an easy way to adjust power up quickly on the street or at the track and will also allow the water/meth to last for a lot longer on the street because I would only use it when I really needed it.

Has anyone tried this or does anyone have any comments on why this may not work?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-21-2005, 02:49 AM

You can buy a meth injection kit like the one Snow Performance sells, it can be set it to come on at a certain boost level, on a toggle switch or both. There are a number of ways to set them up. They also sell a kit that can up can adjust the amount it injects. I would look into one of their kits. Im looking at doing something like this once i get my turbo, it should get here one day, or so they tell me. Its a great way to compensate for not running race fuel everyday.

post #3 of 6 Old 05-25-2005, 01:30 AM

they have a hobbs switch set up, which won't let the system start until you hit a certain psi of boost....................so if you want it not to come in till 20 psi, then set the switch to 20psi........

hotwheels of insanemustangs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-25-2005, 04:50 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
I have the kit from ALKYCONTROL.com this kit is fully adjustable with an awesome electronic controller set up with a 3bar gm map sensor. I have full control over at what psi the alky starts spraying, how much at initial spraying and at what rate per pound of boost. I have boosted to 20 lbs so far with no problem. I think you could set up your kit that way but i would stay with something that is tested with that high of boost levels.

Last edited by turbo94; 05-25-2005 at 04:53 PM.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-26-2005, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

I was really looking to have it so that I have two different power levels on the same tune. Delaying the time at which the meth sprays, e.g. not until 20psi, doesn't help with that.

I know I can tune the car with the kit and I know I can tune it without the kit. The question is can I use the same tune with and without while only making one change, which is more boost with the cooler.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-28-2005, 09:46 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
you could do it, but that wont make the most power or run the best. the purpose of the meth is to lower the charge temp and thus allowing you to run more timing. if you go to the site and read the fine print, that what it says ..." most of the power comes form the ability to run more timing"... something like that.

technically you could run more boost with lower temps, but the tune you have (15 psi) is certainly not set up for that(20 psi). you really need to get on a dyno and tune the car with the meth and the amount of boost you can safely run with your setup, then add timing and adjust fuel as necessary.

the methanol can actually cause detonation if you have too much of it too early. (this is in the boost cooler instruction manual ( i have it too)

88 GT - R-336, GT47-88, glide, BS3, soon to be E85, street car, 8.95 @156
07' GT- stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement