Cartech, i need good, bad, and ugly. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-04-2005, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Cartech, i need good, bad, and ugly.

Thinking about picking up a Cartech 95 GT. I am not real familiar with the kits they sell. This is a full bolt on car, with stock block, what am I looking for?
Thanks,
Tom

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-04-2005, 10:18 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
nothing fit right on my cartech kit, every friggin part needed some kind of fabracation to fit right. just be glad the kit is already installed.

post #3 of 9 Old 05-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallion Motorsports
Thinking about picking up a Cartech 95 GT. I am not real familiar with the kits they sell. This is a full bolt on car, with stock block, what am I looking for?
Thanks,
Tom
The Cartech SN95 SS kit was a damn near direct copy of the TTI Street kit. It is limited to what max power you can make due to I think coming with a 2.5 downpipe and some other things. Max power is still well above stock block splitting potential though, so probably matters little to most people. I know there was a change to the kit at one point in time but forget what the change was, thinking it was to a 3" downpipe and bigger intake tubing though. Is it the SS kit or the Outlaw kit though?

Since the thing is already installed, any bad was probably already ran into and worked around.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-05-2005, 01:02 PM

Ive done alot of research and talked to alot of people. I believe the Cartech outlaw kit is the best kit available for the SN95. I ordered mine about 6 weeks ago and it sould be delivered any time now. I have not heard anyone talk bad about the SN95 kit. I have however heard a number of complaints about Cartechs fox body kits. And like Snipe said if the kit is already installed on the car most of the turbo headache was taken care of by the provious owner.

Last edited by 94turbocobra; 05-05-2005 at 01:04 PM.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-05-2005, 01:05 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94turbocobra
Ive done alot of research and talked to alot of people. I believe the Cartech outlaw kit is the best kit available for the SN95. I ordered mine about 6 weeks ago and it sould be delivered any time now. I have not heard anyone talk bad about the SN95 kit. I have however heard a number of complaints about Cartechs fox body kits.
That is partly because the kits were designed by different people. I think awhile back someone was having fitment issues with the SN95 Outlaw but not sure what became of that. Does seem like most people who have the SN95 Outlaw are extrememly happy with it though.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-05-2005, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Does seem like most people who have the SN95 Outlaw are extrememly happy with it though.
stupid sn95 owners lol
post #7 of 9 Old 05-05-2005, 09:38 PM

I've got the older Street Sleeper Cartech kit on my 94 GT. You will use many "mechanical" terms if you are installing the kit. I think the biggest PITA parts are the bolts attaching the exhuast bypass valve and pipe. Mine has a 3" downpipe. It did burn through the AC line. I ended up removing the AC, but then decided to get a custom line made to route around the pipe. I also removed all the air pump and associated tubing. That allowed me to reposition the bypass and make it easier to get at.

My kit has the T64E Precision turbo. It will make stupid power. Overall, I love it.

Mike Smith
1990 LX Coupe 5.0 5 speed w/ 2000 Exploder GT-40 engine, P heads, mystery cam (F cam per previous owner) 3.73, and not much else. In the parts pile - UPR tubular K member, CC plates. Future plans - Megasquirt & On3 turbo system.
post #8 of 9 Old 05-11-2005, 05:08 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
I installed my Cartech outlaw last year. It did take some work that I didn't expect (turbo newbe) and I did have to relocate my AC line after it melted and I didn't install the air pump. I do like the routing of all the hot pipes. Other kits look to me to be too close to other components that can't be relocated. I run my car on the open track days for 20 minute sessions. Things get hot after 20 minutes. Overall I feel that the Cartech system is the best for a street driven SN95. It is fun to drive.

1994 Mustang GT Chrome Yellow, Griggs GR-40, Tweecer RT, T4M0 with J4J1 Cal, 42# injectors, Pro-M Bullet, LC-1 w/XD-1, Dart Sportsman 8.2", 345CI, Edelbrock 6037, Cobra intake, Crane 2031, Steeda 1.7 Shaft RR's, Cartech Outlaw turbo, 422RWHP 466 FTLB at 8-9# boost on old and hurt 306. SAAC NW track days at PIR.

post #9 of 9 Old 05-20-2005, 11:57 PM

my car was the basic donnor car for all the upgrades to the sn 95 kit. If it has the bigger intercooler pipinig and down pipe there is no reason you can't make 600plus rwh. But 750 rwh is the max you will get out of it...... The bottom line is if you want a good turbo kit IT MUST BE BUILT ON THE CAR.... Bottom Line.... Thats how I did the kit on my new stang and It's putting down 642 rwh 765 rwt and you can still drive the car anywhere you want....Btw this is my 2cents you don't have to like it or listen to it it's up to you.... but I have invested over 20,000 in turbo kits and up grades so you can learn from my mistakes....... Good luck

if it doesn't make dollars it doesn't make sense!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement