Still waiting on parts for my HP kit. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old 04-09-2005, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
Still waiting on parts for my HP kit.

I ordered the stage one turbo kit from HP performance for my 95 GT in January of 2004, when i finally got everything essential to install the kit in June of that year all that i was missing were the longer Air conditioning lines that were supposed to come with the kit. Well now it has been a year and four months since my order and still no A/C lines. The fact that i was told i could keep my A/C by Tom and Jonathan at HP was a HUGE factor in my purchase form HP. I have spoken to them about 5 or 6 times since last June and i get a different story about what the delay is each time. My car only goes to the track 1 or 2 times a year, the rest of time it is my daily driver and i am don't want to spend another hot summer with no A/C. I don't feel i am being unreasonable in my post, i just want what i paid for and was promised i would get. Anyone else waiting for A/C lines or already have them?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 04-09-2005, 06:42 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
call this number 505 623 2555 and either ask for jimmy or nathan.......if they are unavailable ask for jennifer.

post #3 of 34 Old 04-09-2005, 10:39 PM

Oh boy, Here we go again. I'll be good this time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old 04-09-2005, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

I have about 4 different phone numbers and usually get an answering machine which gets me no return phone call. When i do get a person they tell me someone will call me back when they get some information, this also gets me no help. I am not trying to start a war here, i just want my A/C lines that i shpuld have had over a year ago. I tried to get the ball rolling in January this year so that i might have them by spring but this is getting me nowhere. It can't be that hard to get me some A/C lines especially since i have been told numerous times that i should be getting them soon and that i am at the top of the list. 14 months to complete my completely paid for turbo kit is rediculous.
post #5 of 34 Old 04-10-2005, 08:51 AM

White horse, why dont you rip this guy too, Roids don't have brake time!
post #6 of 34 Old 04-10-2005, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csm1320
I have about 4 different phone numbers and usually get an answering machine which gets me no return phone call. When i do get a person they tell me someone will call me back when they get some information, this also gets me no help. I am not trying to start a war here, i just want my A/C lines that i shpuld have had over a year ago. I tried to get the ball rolling in January this year so that i might have them by spring but this is getting me nowhere. It can't be that hard to get me some A/C lines especially since i have been told numerous times that i should be getting them soon and that i am at the top of the list. 14 months to complete my completely paid for turbo kit is rediculous.
When you ordered your kit 1/04 how lond did it take for you to get the actual turbo kit(turbo, tubing, fuel system, MAF), without any extras like the a/c lines? Are you satisfied with the turbo kit itself?
Thanks

90 GT underconstruction

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 34 Old 04-10-2005, 10:52 AM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
Are the AC lines extras? I thought they were included with the kit just like a MAF and fuel system are included with the kit.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 34 Old 04-10-2005, 11:43 AM

hmm this sounds just like how cartech ripped me off outta my stuff
post #9 of 34 Old 04-10-2005, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

No, the A/C lines are not extra. They were supposed to come with the base kit.
post #10 of 34 Old 04-10-2005, 01:49 PM

I bought a kit from them and later ordered the parts to go to a 351, all took a long time and I had to raise hell to get my stuff. Wrote a 3 page letter at one point, and the only time I could get a call back from jennifier was when I wrote stuff in my letter about her she didn't like. She call me to bitch at me about what I said. Once I was promised over night shipping and it didn't happen, once I was told my parts shipped and took my car apart only to find out a week later that they were not even done, let alone shipped. It was a disater...Good luck, you may or may not get it. My intent is not to bash them here, just to let you know they have issues. I didn't even go into detail about all the problems I had. As far as the question from the one guy about how the kit was, it was really nice once I finally got it all. It works great and looks even better.

post #11 of 34 Old 04-10-2005, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmokedawg
White horse, why dont you rip this guy too, Roids don't have brake time!
Oh no... Need to be nice.. snipe656 is my role model. He has shown me how to be more diplamatic in my posts. Thanks!!! Plus, I think everyone knows where I stand. Don't wait to beat a dead horse. Cause, I know none of you want to hear it. I really don't blame you..

How was that snipe656. Did I do good..
post #12 of 34 Old 04-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Turbo Wizard

You did a good job at sarcasm? Because god I hope I am not someones role model, there are much better people out there for that.

--Admiral Aaron

post #13 of 34 Old 04-10-2005, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe656
You did a good job at sarcasm? Because god I hope I am not someones role model, there are much better people out there for that.
Too be honest. I wasn't being sarcastic. For the most part I was serious, with a little humor..LOL
post #14 of 34 Old 04-12-2005, 08:14 AM

WOW!!!!!!! On rehab ehh?
post #15 of 34 Old 04-12-2005, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmokedawg
WOW!!!!!!! On rehab ehh?
Hope your not trying to be funny.. Cause, you'll have to try harder.
post #16 of 34 Old 04-14-2005, 09:02 PM

From what i remember, the AC lines were something Nathan was supposed to do. His moms car (which was their first SN 95 kit) last i knew still didnt have any AC lines. So good luck getting any out of him. The phone you can forget as well, the inbox for the shop is usually just dumped when jennifer gets in because its full and she is to lazy to sit there and listen to all of the messages. If you wanna know anything just ask.

If you are owed anything by them you better get on the ball to get it while you can. They owe a buddy of mine , also a former employee, several thousand dollars for a car they blew up while advertising. They told him , and i quote " If we take your car out and anything goes wrong we'll pay for it, motor, tranny whatever" and still wont pay for anything. The retards even had a chance to get out of the deal for only $800! (machine work cost) but refused to pay even that.

<Former employee of HP.

Chris
99 Procharged Cobra sold
95 Cobra single turbo. [email protected] stock block.

post #17 of 34 Old 04-15-2005, 08:11 AM

Trader Feedback: (20)
Chris,
So what in your opinion is the deal with HP? They seem like they have great potential. Are they just in over their heads and everything is falling apart?
Erich

97 Laser Red GT-248A Wingless model, Built Lincoln Mark VIII motor-Procharger D1SC, 3 core IC
2012 Black GT-Saddle, 3.73s, Brembos, Shaker1000
post #18 of 34 Old 04-15-2005, 09:17 AM
Turbo Wizard

My guess would be in over their heads although if someone just comes in and clears phone messages like just posted then sounds like other problems too.

--Admiral Aaron

post #19 of 34 Old 04-15-2005, 06:13 PM

Poor management! The product is not bad. For instance, customer service issue. If they had kept me posted on what was going on, I would have been less upset. Blatant lies like, your stuff shipped Friday, and two weeks later I find out my stuff has not been built is unacceptable. They say their phone lines are screwed up…that’s bull, they just don’t answer the damn phone. If I take time off based on their promise, and they don't come thru, I wasted my time. Vacation time is not free. I had a few problems with the product. My housing for the turbo was not machined and would not fit. I could have lived with that. I even tried to find someone local to fix it and they (HP) said they would pay. Spent half the day running around for something that should have been right. But, when you tell me something shipped out next day air and it’s not even production ready, that’s a bunch of bull. Just tell the damn truth. If you call me to tell me of a delay instead of me calling over and over to get a machine that's bull. And 6 months for something that was promised to be 6-8 weeks, that’s crap. I would leave messages and never…I mean never get a call back. The only time I got a call from that Jennifer chick was when I sent a nasty letter about how pissed I was. She didn’t like what I said about her in the letter so she called me at home to bitch about what I said. Never even bothered to address the fact that she told me my **** shipped and promised me tracking number for a week, and the stuff wasn’t even built. In my opinion, they will declare bankruptcy this year. Every story I read on line is identical to what happened to me so I know these people are telling the truth. If the got their stuff together they could be around for a while…but they need to get rid of a lot of people, deal straight with customers and get someone who knows how to manage a business.
post #20 of 34 Old 04-15-2005, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

My turbo kit works ok. I did have a few problems at the start, they sent me a couple of wrong clamps and there where some bolts missing, no big deal. One major problem was they sent me a fox driver side header instead of the SN-95 one i needed, thi meant i couldn't get my A/C compressor to mount back to the head because the fox header front tube sticks out farther than the SN-95. If and when anyone orders a kit, throw it away. Mine was completely useless, i believe it also was a generic fox insructions. I bet over half of the stuff you actually need to do to make this kit work is not in the instructions. You lose your foglights, have to reroute power steering lines, my passenger side header is so tight i had to make a bracket to hold the brakelines that run along the framerail off of the downpipe. I wonder if i also have a fox passenger side header as well due to the fit. I had to beat my passenger side floor pan up with a hammer and grind some of my tranny crossmember to get the downpipe attached to the exhaust. Not to mention the general hacking and rerouting of about thirty things to get it done.
post #21 of 34 Old 04-15-2005, 07:45 PM

How does it run?
post #22 of 34 Old 04-15-2005, 07:49 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by csm1320
My turbo kit works ok. I did have a few problems at the start, they sent me a couple of wrong clamps and there where some bolts missing, no big deal. One major problem was they sent me a fox driver side header instead of the SN-95 one i needed, thi meant i couldn't get my A/C compressor to mount back to the head because the fox header front tube sticks out farther than the SN-95. If and when anyone orders a kit, throw it away. Mine was completely useless, i believe it also was a generic fox insructions. I bet over half of the stuff you actually need to do to make this kit work is not in the instructions. You lose your foglights, have to reroute power steering lines, my passenger side header is so tight i had to make a bracket to hold the brakelines that run along the framerail off of the downpipe. I wonder if i also have a fox passenger side header as well due to the fit. I had to beat my passenger side floor pan up with a hammer and grind some of my tranny crossmember to get the downpipe attached to the exhaust. Not to mention the general hacking and rerouting of about thirty things to get it done.
That sucks, I'd got my money back if it fitted like that but I guess it is advertised in some way that generally implies some mods to car will be needed.

--Admiral Aaron

post #23 of 34 Old 04-15-2005, 10:59 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
Ahhh crap!!! I'm very close to dropping my 331 in and installing the kit. This sucks. I don't have any A/C lines with the kit. Didn't know I was supposed to. Dang it!!

1992 FHP SSP Coupe
1988 AL SSP Coupe
2003 Redfire Cobra--SOLD
1995 Mustang GT Vert-331/60-1 turbo SOLD
post #24 of 34 Old 04-16-2005, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbang
Ahhh crap!!! I'm very close to dropping my 331 in and installing the kit. This sucks. I don't have any A/C lines with the kit. Didn't know I was supposed to. Dang it!!
It depends on what year your car is. On the 87-93 you don't need lines, you just bend the ones you have a little. It was pretty simple. My kit went toghter fine, no real hassles, after I got the turbo machining issues fixed and all the parts that were not sent originally, it took me a day and a half to put it on. If you got the old 5 page instuctions, I have newer ones Tom sent me. They were actually pretty good. If you have an HP kit, as long as you don't need anything else from them you are good to go. If you need stuff or stuff is missing, it could take a while. Partly because they won't answer the phone, so sometimes it can take days to get ahold of someone. I use to email or call Tom Berry and he would go over and give them the message for me. He probably got tired of me calling him, but that was the only way I could get through, and I knew he would always relay for me.
post #25 of 34 Old 04-16-2005, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydnorm
It depends on what year your car is. On the 87-93 you don't need lines, you just bend the ones you have a little. It was pretty simple. My kit went toghter fine, no real hassles, after I got the turbo machining issues fixed and all the parts that were not sent originally, it took me a day and a half to put it on. If you got the old 5 page instuctions, I have newer ones Tom sent me. They were actually pretty good. If you have an HP kit, as long as you don't need anything else from them you are good to go. If you need stuff or stuff is missing, it could take a while. Partly because they won't answer the phone, so sometimes it can take days to get ahold of someone. I use to email or call Tom Berry and he would go over and give them the message for me. He probably got tired of me calling him, but that was the only way I could get through, and I knew he would always relay for me.
Well, as far as year of car, see my sig I have a '95 and apparently the SN95's are the ones that are supposed to have the lines. So that would be me. I need to call and get them to send the newer instructions because I have the old 5 pager!

1992 FHP SSP Coupe
1988 AL SSP Coupe
2003 Redfire Cobra--SOLD
post #26 of 34 Old 04-16-2005, 06:44 PM

All i can say is very very bad management. Now i think they are in over their head. Who knows, they may pull out of it. All of this has happened before and somehow they've always managed to skim by. But with the overhead they have now after recently purchasing a dyno and stuff I can tell you that stuff will be tight, especially with only 2 welders building kits and jimmy/nathan 'doing the R&D' on new kits, and trying to tune and run the dyno.

Chris
99 Procharged Cobra sold
95 Cobra single turbo. [email protected] stock block.

post #27 of 34 Old 04-16-2005, 09:12 PM

Honestly, I hope they get their stuff together, the more products on the market, the better for the consumer.
post #28 of 34 Old 04-17-2005, 08:58 AM

Realizing you have already paid for the lines, after a year and a half, I would have given up hope ever seeing them from the original source. I realize it's the principle and everything, but when its 95 degrees outside, principles don't keep you cool. Why not have someone make you the lines you need? The guys at Hose Wizard can make any AC line you need and it really isn't expensive. Their number is 770-554-0044.

Mike Smith
1990 LX Coupe 5.0 5 speed w/ 2000 Exploder GT-40 engine, P heads, mystery cam (F cam per previous owner) 3.73, and not much else. In the parts pile - UPR tubular K member, CC plates. Future plans - Megasquirt & On3 turbo system.
post #29 of 34 Old 12-11-2005, 06:08 PM

Just an update. Still no A/C lines.

I'm just gonna have to have them made. I still haven't gotten the motor/turbo installed yet. Don't even get me started on that topic. But the shop it's at is atleast starting to work on it again. The engine bay has all the unnecessary holes filled, smoothed and primed. As soon as it's sprayed, we'll be dropping the k-member/motor in and getting ready for the turbo install.

1992 FHP SSP Coupe
1988 AL SSP Coupe
2003 Redfire Cobra--SOLD
post #30 of 34 Old 12-11-2005, 09:55 PM

Trader Feedback: (7)
Jesus, it's been nearly 2 years and you still haven't received all the parts?
post #31 of 34 Old 12-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Turbo Wizard

Not sure if I said it earlier, but I do not think ac lines ever existed for that kit. After all how in the hell could people be delayed for that long. In that time I could have probably learned how to make my own lines to provide with the kits, if I were the type of person who made and sold kits that is.

--Admiral Aaron

post #32 of 34 Old 12-11-2005, 11:50 PM

No, that's true. The a/c lines were never an actual part of the kit. Only after some people broke their lines going by the Fox instructions that HP sent out for Sn95's. The instructions for a Fox says just bend them a little and they will fit. Not on an SN95.

The problem is, HP said they were gonna be making them and sending them. I wouldn't have had a problem if they apologized for the wrong instructions and just said I needed to fab some. But no, they tell me that they would be sending them to me. That's where I have a problem. Oh, and the same time they said they would be sending me SN95 instructions. Haven't seen them either.

1992 FHP SSP Coupe
1988 AL SSP Coupe
2003 Redfire Cobra--SOLD
post #33 of 34 Old 12-12-2005, 12:12 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
I have read lots of bad things about this company, and the story is all too familiar. Must be some sorta weird Vodoo curse with turbo companies.
post #34 of 34 Old 12-12-2005, 07:10 AM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraNet
I have read lots of bad things about this company, and the story is all too familiar. Must be some sorta weird Vodoo curse with turbo companies.
The curse of poor business management and learning how to gain the needed skills on the fly and at the costs of peoples aggravation?

--Admiral Aaron

Sponsored Links
Advertisement