What engine set up for twin turbo kit - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-01-2005, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
What engine set up for twin turbo kit

I've saved enough money for a 347 with Dart block and internals that can withstand over 1000hp / tq. However, I'm realizing that since I'm spending the money for a completely new set-up, I should go with a 351w based motor due to the big inch small block capabilities(408) and durability.

What do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-01-2005, 06:07 PM

big bore dart block 4.125 bore and short stroke is what im building for spare ,,10,000 rpm plus ...with 600 fogger shot .... .36 away from nines once i get there ..i got a get 8s

post #3 of 4 Old 04-01-2005, 09:40 PM

You didn't really mention what your power goals and use for the car are.

Heck, build the biggest engine you can afford, slap a set of twin T76's on it, and let'er rip. You have also saved for the heads, cam, intake, cooling system, fuel system, engine management, tranmission, drivetrain, suspension, and interior mods you will need, correct?

Mike Smith
1990 LX Coupe 5.0 5 speed w/ 2000 Exploder GT-40 engine, P heads, mystery cam (F cam per previous owner) 3.73, and not much else. In the parts pile - UPR tubular K member, CC plates. Future plans - Megasquirt & On3 turbo system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-02-2005, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcobra46
big bore dart block 4.125 bore and short stroke is what im building for spare ,,10,000 rpm plus ...with 600 fogger shot .... .36 away from nines once i get there ..i got a get 8s
lol. 10K rpm's and a 600 shot, yo!

Seriously though, a 9.5 deck motor is just a pain in the ass. You can't hook up the power and torque a 347 makes on the street, so why go bigger and create even more wheelspin? A 9.5 deck motor makes the car heavier, you see no real HP gain, and turbo kits are more scarce. Stick to the 8.2 deck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement