new to turbos, can twin t28's make 14 psi of boost? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-18-2003, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
new to turbos, can twin t28's make 14 psi of boost?

I'm new to turbo's, and am entertaining the idea of a custom twin setup for a 4.6 2v. I know TPT makes a nice single turbo kit for the 4.6 2v, but in cali, I won't pass visual because of the special exhaust requirements. I'm going to eventually fabricate(after all my research is done) a setup similar to what incon made for 5.0's, where the turbos are very close to the block, and a stock type(read catted) x/h-pipe can be bolted up. My goal is 450-460 rwhp, and I think this can be achieved(someone on this board, can't remember their name, I think it was blown '01 gt made 420 rwhp on 12 lbs of boost with a vortech) with 14 lbs of boost(I'll be using a 9.0:1 compression shortblock and 91 octane, as thats the best i've got out here). Anyways, I'm wondering if two t28 turbos will be able to make that much boost(I'm looking for 12-14 by 3300 rpm).

Here's the rest of the specs:
4.6 2 vavle
6500 rpm redline
9.0:1 compression

Like I said, I haven't learned much about turbos yet, as I've just started my research, but I want to know if the turbos I'm looking at will be too small.

Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-18-2003, 11:17 PM

t28's...

Never...

post #3 of 8 Old 05-19-2003, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

what are they capable of? Or at least tell me what turbos can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-19-2003, 02:12 AM

Ok. You cant compare Turbo boost Vs Sueprcharger boost.
But first, boost is the backpressure in the intake side of an engine. Boost cannot be converted into HP numbers, since boost itself doesnt do anything.

Now, making a manifold like Incons will take good effort from you. If you know how to weld go for it.

A 2v modular doesnt need that much turbo boost to make 400whp, since the boost delivery is linear, vs a peak reading with a supercharger.

I reccomend you go to www.turbomustangs.com where there are a few 2v turbo car owners.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-19-2003, 10:43 AM

get a compressor map, and do the calcs. are there any available for hte T28? most companies are pretty anal about releasing their maps.

makes no sense. it's like they want you to buy it on a whim, and have no idea of the blowers specs.

dR
post #6 of 8 Old 05-19-2003, 11:28 AM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
Garrett I am pretty sure releases the maps for their T28, I know the maps for all the GT series are out there at least.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-25-2003, 07:16 PM

Nah, the T28 are fairly small turbos, and while they could actually make 450 whp, it would probably be at like 10 psi. And they would be restrive. If your going with 2 turbos of that small a size grab some used 14b's or T3's, there just as good or close and a hundred bucks a piece. If your will to buy good turbos use t3/to4e's.

Sean
post #8 of 8 Old 06-01-2003, 04:45 PM

ugh ur wrong

Quote:
Originally posted by yellow5.0cobra
t28's...

Never...
my t-25's of my ddmi kit make 14 w no problem.. altho they are prolly damn near maxd.. as far as on a newer higher flowing motor.. hm i dunno.. but my stockers are a little ported. nothing major.. they flowd like 210intake and 170ish exhst.. see my sig.. i have full boost at 2300.. just food for thought

SILENT KILLER

Blowers whine because they know turbos are better
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement