Ford Mustang Forums banner

Single T-03 and 5.0?

865 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  yellow5.0cobra 
#1 ·
I am haveing some problems finding turbos at a decent price and my friend poped up with a t-3 off a t bird he says it has a .60 ar on it... will one single t-03 provide 5? psi on a stock displacement motor with a f-303 cam 600 cfm carb and a wieland acellerator intake at 6250? I am just thinking about running this if possable for a few months until I can find a matching turbo...

#2 ·
Too small .. Twins would be great though ...

#3 ·
A single T03 will be way too small on a 302. Especially at that rpm.

Let me give you an example...

My first turbo was a T04E "54". This is a T4 frame turbo, considerably larger than that T3. At 6000 rpm I could only manage 8 lbs with the wastegate pinned shut. I still made about 400 crank hp with this turbo, but nothing like where I'm at now.

Do yourself a favor, and keep looking for a good T4 based turbo. They're out there cheap, you just have to find them. Ebay is a good place.

#6 ·
Kermita12060 said:
If you can blow the dough, HKS, retailer of rice parts and some really good turobchargers sells them. Its not a kit, just turbochargers.
Why would he blow like a million bucks on mitsubishi based turbos when he can get 2 T3's from 80's fords and run them with no problem and great HP?

Stay in the superchargers forum please.

#8 ·
VOLVO 740 TURBO INTERCOOLED turbochargers.

TB03 turbochargers.

I stand by them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.