Cartech turbo kit - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-29-2003, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Cartech turbo kit

Couple questions?

1. Will a cartech kit work on a stock sn95 motor, and what kind of power will it make

2. I will most likley have by the time i have the money for the turbo kit a GT 40 intake, GT 40 heads and a B-303 cam in the car. What kind of power will i make then. Cartech claimbs 400HP at a min.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-30-2003, 07:52 AM

Real happy with mine. Get the T64 upgrade. Not sure about the cam. Many people say the stock cam is great with the turbo. I run the E303 and everything is good. You will need a custom chip. Talk to JMS when the time comes.

Mike Smith
1990 LX Coupe 5.0 5 speed w/ 2000 Exploder GT-40 engine, P heads, mystery cam (F cam per previous owner) 3.73, and not much else. In the parts pile - UPR tubular K member, CC plates. Future plans - Megasquirt & On3 turbo system.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-30-2003, 01:19 PM

I used mine on a stock GT setup, and estimate I was making ~370rwhp from my times. I went 12.2 @112 at a slow track.

With gt40 heads and intake, you could prob make around 420rwhp. Id get different heads though, you could be upwards of 500rwhp with AL heads. Forget the B cam. use the stock cam, or a custom cam, or possibly a F cam.

95 street sleeper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-30-2003, 04:43 PM

Don't do the cam, the stock one is fine for starters. Plus, get the feel of the turbo before you start modifying the internals of the motor.

Put the money into a good fuel system instead, buy a set of 36# or 42# injectors, matching MAF meter, and a 255 lph intank fuel pump. A custom chip will do wonders too.

Get the T64 upgrade on the turbo, I have that turbo now, and I highly recommend it. The stock turbo (TE44) is OK, but the T64 has alot more midrange power that's real nice.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-30-2003, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

wow. 370rwhp on stock set up

500rwhp with "AL" heads...what are al heads

thanks for the info.

and if i let my car stock what will it do to the life of my motor and how much boost will my motor take
post #6 of 6 Old 05-02-2003, 04:14 PM

aluminum heads

your motors life is at your mercy, with stock heads and weak tune it will prob last, once you change the heads or turn up the wick (high boost) its anyones guess.

my car went from [email protected] to [email protected] so that should be a good indicator of the kind of power increase i'm talking about. with a weakass tune you should still beable to go high12s.

if you know what your doing you can run 12psi on stock stuff. if you dont know what your doing, keep it at 8psi. you must have an ear for detonation.

95 street sleeper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement