Information on the chrysler t-3's - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-04-2003, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Information on the chrysler t-3's

I know they are fairly small, but i can get them for about $50 each. What are they exactly... I am still fuzzy on all the turbo stuff, but i realize what A/R is and have the HP book on this.
Is it just a regular garret T-3 with differnt compressor and turbine houseings...? Is there any similarities between this one, and the turbocoupe, mustang 2.3, and the GN T-3's
I have often though about trying to do a cheap junk yard TT 5.0L one the 5.8 is in my current car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-04-2003, 04:18 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
The T3's you are talking about are a little smaller than the Turbocoupe T3's. The Turbocoupe T3's are .60/.48 or .60/.63. The Mopar ones are .42/.48, I'm not sure what the other sizes are. The Compressor wheel is smaller therefore they won't make as much power. You could still do a JYTT set-up using these and make some decent power (400 RWHP). The exhaust housing inlet's are the same though, so you could swap them out with the bigger T3's later.

Jeremy

Two turbos and a carb...
post #3 of 6 Old 04-04-2003, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Being that much smaller, what kind of RPM are those tiny turbos gonna start to choke a stock 5.0L off at ? These turbos will also get spinning pretty fast i would think... Because the flow through them would be constricted ??? Is there any issues that would cause a worry for damage to anything, by using the smaller turbo...? Will it wreck anything to run this small turbo on a 5.0L ??

Still trying to figure this turbo thing out... But i would think that with a tiny turbo, the engine would be trying to 'push' the exhaust through too hard...? Does that make sense...?

I am trying to figure out what kinda problems i would run into doing this...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-04-2003, 06:17 PM

Are you going to be putting these on a 302 or a 351? They will work on the 302 but not on the 351. As far as spool you will be seeing FULL boost @ around 2,500 RPM, but will die out @ around 5,000 depending on how built your motor is. As far as wercking anything don't worry you wont. Just make sure you upgrade your fuel system, injectors. If you have them use them, the "bigger" T3's are getting hard to find and are pretty spendy. You just might have to shift @ around 5,200 RPM but it should make good power. I run the .60/.63 T3's they are the perfect turbo for a 302, if you can find some. Go to www.turbomustangs.com there are a couple floating around in the classified section. Lot's of GOOD turbo info over there...

Jeremy

Two turbos and a carb...
post #5 of 6 Old 04-04-2003, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

No, woudlnt' put em on the 351. They would be way to small for that... Just wondering about how they would act on a stock 5.0 L.
Good to know I wouldn't wreck the engine by trying..
post #6 of 6 Old 04-05-2003, 12:14 AM

Actually the turbos would work better on a stock motor.

Jeremy

Two turbos and a carb...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement