Pics of my buddies JYT set-up - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-03-2003, 01:43 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Pics of my buddies JYT set-up

T70 turbo, cheapy flowtech headers... he's just getting started but I thought I would post a few pics, maybe spur some ideas

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-04-2003, 09:03 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
looks real nice darren

you got any more pics of the car? what color is that?

Looking for Fox body Fairmont, Zephyr, Cougar, LTD, Marquis or Granada wagon
post #3 of 11 Old 04-04-2003, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

I'll get a few more pics, and ask him more about the car. I'mnot sure exactly what color it is, but I believe it's a factory color.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 04-05-2003, 03:19 AM

It is deep jewel green, you can tell by the engine bay, i replaced the front clip cause it had a torn bumper cover and a dinged fender. The car was originally a 4cyl. car currently being coverted over to a 5.0L. Stock block studded and girdled, bored .030 over with locwired edelbrock performer 2.02's. The cam is a custom grind from cam motion, roughly 215 duration, .530 lift both intake and exhaust, the cam is installed 4 degrees advanced to help with a quicker spool up. The intake is an edelbrock performer rpm, matching 70mm t/b. Will be using a C&L 80mm MAF as a blowthrough, so I can use a blowoff valve. The fuel system which is hopefully going in tomorrow is a going to start with a granetelli pickup tube, -10 send, -6 return. From the -10 goes to a y-block splitting it into 2 -6 lines feeding each 255lph hi-pressure inline pump, they then go to another y-block into a single -8 line. The -8 line will run up to firewall on the passenger side where it will be slip through another y-block into 2 -6 lines feeding the back of each stock fuel rail. I will be using a holley 1:1 regulator and #42 injectors.

For the drivetrain I decided to go with a c4 to keep the boost up between gears. It has a 3500 stall converter, manual reverse valve body and a B&M shifter. I have a ford motorsport aluminum driveshaft. The diff is going to be left alone for the time being with the 2.73, but it will eventually recieve 3.27's. The car has been coverted to 5 lug using sn95 parts, keeping the 4 wheel disk brakes. I used a 93 cobra brake booster and a 95gt master cylinder to finish off the brake swap, and a lineloc will also be installed shortly.

The turbo is a pt70 with an ar .81. It was built by adp, where I also purchased a tial 40mm wastegate. For an intercooler I picked up a pair of thunderbird supercoupe intercoolers. I am cutting the end tanks off and butting the two together and making up new endtanks with a 2 1/2 inlet and a 3 1/2 outlet. The intercooler will be mounted parallel to the ground with a air scoop tray welded to the bottom to grab air from underneath the car. I am using a set of flowtech unequal length shorty's turned around, with a 2 1/2" crossover tube. The downpipe is 3" that will exit in front of the drivers side rear tire through a dynomax race bullet.

Last edited by Turbocoupe_1; 04-05-2003 at 03:26 AM.
post #5 of 11 Old 04-29-2003, 06:41 PM

Do you have any flow figures for the t-bird ICs? That sounds like a beast you're building there, but the IC department may be lacking. You might want to pick up a 3rd or 4th(if you can fit it) t-bird IC. Then again I think tat merkur car I saw put down 300 to the wheels with one of them.
post #6 of 11 Old 04-30-2003, 07:48 PM

well, they are better than nothing, I was actually going to run the car without an intercooler. But where would i look to find the flow numbers for them? or is there a way to test it?
post #7 of 11 Old 05-25-2003, 10:04 PM

well look like the countdown has begun, 9 days to startup!
post #8 of 11 Old 05-26-2003, 03:25 PM

maybe you'll run fast like the blower cars
post #9 of 11 Old 05-26-2003, 06:34 PM

no, I doubt it
post #10 of 11 Old 05-28-2003, 07:36 PM
post #11 of 11 Old 06-23-2003, 01:29 PM

Smile

neat set up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement