how much HP can the stock fuel lines supply? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-09-2003, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Post how much HP can the stock fuel lines supply?

i have sufficient pump capacity (255) and an fmu,
what is the max hp potential of the fuel lines

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-10-2003, 09:04 AM

Popular opinion seems to be 500 fwhp to run safely.

On a related note, any use SN-95 fuel rails on their Fox body Stang?......they look to be more robust and may be an easy to way to upgrade line capacity without spending a fortune on aftermarket rails.

post #3 of 10 Old 03-11-2003, 08:05 PM

Lightbulb

480rwhp on my MD1750 here. Stock lines, Walbro GSS340, SN95 Rails. I just used some adaptors/lines from an FMU kit to plumb the return line from the SN95 rail to the Fox Body fittings. I was still plenty fat (10.2:1 a/f) up top when I began my tuning, so I KNOW I have some safety margin left now that I'm closer to 11.9 a/f.

~Greg
Calibrated Success, Inc. EFI Training, Tuning, Consulting
Engine Management: Advanced Tuning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 03-13-2003, 06:44 PM

Dan Simons has run 10.46 @ 131.61 on stock fuel rails. I quote his reply to the very same question I asked him last year:

"..I was running a 255lph intank pump, TRex inline pump, and 36lb injectors. I also fixed the entry to the fuel rail, though whether that's really a restriction or not is open for debate. I had a wideband meter on thr car for a while and never had it lean out with that setup, I'm sure I was close to the edge though."

Dan has over 600 flywheel hp to achieve this trap speed, draw your own conclusion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

89 GT conv., Incon 800 turbo
post #5 of 10 Old 03-13-2003, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

thanks, i'm always impressed by the good potential of this little package,
i shall have a fun set up when properly tuned
post #6 of 10 Old 03-13-2003, 08:47 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I make 635fwhp on my stock tank, lines, rails, etc. They aren't even 'upgraded' to the sn-95 rails...all stock fox stuff. I'm sure it's maxed but it holds pressure and has a safe a/f ratio so I'll keep them until I have a problem. I have had some cartech rails sitting here for a few months but I still need a regulator for them and some fittings to use these so I'm still using the stock parts.
post #7 of 10 Old 03-15-2003, 12:23 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
I've seen this question pop up now and then and the information I have heard is that Dave Inall, the man credited with the Incon setup, took a complete stock fuel sysem out of a Mustang and flowed it to see how much fuel it was actually capable of pumping. His conclusion was it was capable of flowing 1000 Hp worth of fuel. Now, from what I understood, this was with no return fuel at all. So it should be safe to 700 hp. Correct me if I have the story wrong, since it has been awhile.
post #8 of 10 Old 03-20-2003, 12:20 AM

I have never put my car on the dyno,but it has ran as quick as [email protected],with a 255 intank and a inline trex stock lines and rails with 42#inj, went lean on #7 cyl and melted. I am going to try running the y block to feed the rails more evenly like on pro-flow.com
post #9 of 10 Old 03-21-2003, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CASturbo
Popular opinion seems to be 500 fwhp to run safely.

Guess my understanding of "popular opinion" is too conservative then.

Gadzooks, be damn the SN-95 rails then, if Fox rails will carry 650 HP worth of fuel, use 'em.

Big believer in the KISS principle here, can't beat that.

Thanks.
post #10 of 10 Old 03-24-2003, 10:34 AM

Trader Feedback: (83)
I have made over 550 rwhp (5spd. car) with only a 255 in-tank, 42lb. injectors, no FMU, No in-line pump. Safely WITH RACE GAS!

1988 Hatchback. Terminator Swap, Teksid block 5.0L Stroker, 2.3 Whipple. 742whp, 802rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement