street driven, turbo friendly, motor setup ??'s - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-06-2003, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
street driven, turbo friendly, motor setup ??'s

well ladies and gents... this summer my '89 will be receiving a new motor. i am looking at my options for what should go into the engine and what else i'll need to upgrade once the engine is completed. now, i've been watching all of the video clips of your turbo stangs and i love the sound of the turbo spooling. it may be possible for me to purchase the ITS stage 2 turbo kit at the end of the summer, so i would like to know what else i would need to purchase if i were to get the ITS stage 2 kit.

for anyone who doesnt know....
Stage I $2895
Two T3 turbos internal wastegate and actuator with stainless gaskets. The Intercooler is a 24x10x2.75 (core size) top to bottom flow. This kit comes with 1 5/8 headers, 2 1/2 downpipes, grade 8 bolts, 2" turbo to intercooler piping, 3" Intercooler to intake piping, silicon hump hose for vibrating and flexing positions, flexable hose that adapts to different size meters and T-bodies, stainless clamps,stainless braided teflon brakeline for oilfeed, stainless braided drain line, reusable air filters and a boost controller. Uses stock or aftermarket H-pipe requires battery relocation everything else to install is included with instructions. Rated up to 400 WHP.

Stage II $3495
This kit is design for those who want a little more than average. It includes everthing from stage I but upgrades the turbos to T3/T4 Hybrids and adds a Turbo Smart Type II vee port Blow off valve. There is also a second stage in car boost controller.
At only 10psi this setup will produce over 500WHP depending on other modifications and is capable of up to 700WHP.

i'm looking for a mostly street type setup with low strip use. i was thinking of going with a 306 w/ 8.? to 1 compression to run on 93 octane. my problem is that i'm always looking at the best stuff to buy and i dont have any experience with the brands which arent as popular but are still quality products. so what brands and what type of setup should i look into? lets say that i have $3500 - $4000 to spend on the engine and fuel stuff. it looks as though the ITS kits dont come with any fuel components, leaving me needing that stuff on top of the kit. anything else that might be needed?

after looking at prices i think i may need to buy used engine parts and possibly look into buying all the parts seperately and having someone local put it together as a side job. or only purcahse the stage 1 kit and use the rest of the money to put into the engine fund.

thanks for reading my essay.

Coupe, Legacy

Last edited by First5.0; 03-06-2003 at 09:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-06-2003, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

F it. nevermind. too much money needed.

i just need help with what else i'll need in order to run the stage 1 or 2 kits relative to a completely stock car.

that is, the parts which NEED to be installed or upgraded:
injectors, mass air meter, fuel pump, boost gauge, fmu, ignition components.
???

i'm thinking of a DSS base bullet w/ main support and low compression pistons. i was thinking a holley systemax II upper and lower which can be had for ~$450 used. i'm up for suggestions on everything. this stuff wont be purchased till later in the summer, but i want to have a gameplan set so i can look for deals and see how much money i'll ultimately need.

Coupe, Legacy

Last edited by First5.0; 03-06-2003 at 11:13 PM.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-07-2003, 11:08 AM

where did u get that info about ITS ? website?

SILENT KILLER

Blowers whine because they know turbos are better
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-07-2003, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

yup

Coupe, Legacy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement