Does INCON have an official web page? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 01-07-2002, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Arrow Does INCON have an official web page?

I'm looking for Incon's official web page... If there isn't one, does anyone know where I can look to find a list of what comes with the Twin-Turbo kit for our cars? and maybe some prices as well?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 01-07-2002, 02:00 PM

The URL used to be http://www.inconturbo.com/ but it looks to be dead now. If you have any questions you might try there mailing list at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Incon/. Think some of the people at Incon frequent that list and answer questions.

post #3 of 20 Old 01-07-2002, 03:51 PM

Incon?

Didn't they go belly up?

'94 GT; PIH/A9L/94+Extender Combination Expert
bLiNg sUcKs, yO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 01-07-2002, 04:18 PM

not yet
post #5 of 20 Old 01-07-2002, 09:09 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Beat me to it

Quote:
not yet
What he said, LOL

Put your flame suit on NSOMNIA, as there are bound to be some Incon loyalist jump in and tell you how they sell to upstream customer in the emirate or some other crap that Mr. Inall may have told them.

Mr. M. M. Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
Stop crying, its just the internet. Life gets alot harder than some screen name on a message board not liking what you do to your car.
post #6 of 20 Old 01-08-2002, 01:35 AM

That being so, I'd still love to have one of there kits. I had a chance to buy a used one for like $4K last year but I didn't have the money
post #7 of 20 Old 01-08-2002, 11:24 AM

hate to say it bro, but you ain't getting one. i've talked to them a lot and they say they will NOT be making any more SN95 kits, EVER. they say the 'should' be starting the fox bodies again, but i doubt it. they lost money on the SN95 kits and they don't want to make the same mistake twice.

i could have bought/received/installed/tuned/driven my current Cartech turbo kit many times and still not have received one piece of an Incon kit ordered a year before. not to mention i bought mine new (with upgrades) for less than that 4K used kit.

incon MADE (past tense) a great kit. if you want to be able to say that you gave Incon several thousand dollars and have nothing to show for it a couple years down the road by all means go for it. if you actually want a turbo kit, forget Incon.

suited up and ready for flames
post #8 of 20 Old 01-08-2002, 12:28 PM

Ya, when I was looking at buying that Incon Kit I was told basically the same thing. That they will not be making any more SN95 kits and they will be next to impossible to find. This was coming from Shane Hill who I think was a dealer for Incon in Houston (his wife runs an Incon car in True Street that does real low 9's).
post #9 of 20 Old 01-08-2002, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

:(

That is unfortunate... It seems that the Incon Twin-Turbos make more (if not a lot more) power than any single kit (i.e. Cartech or Turbo Tech)... Bummer... I definately don't want to supercharge it... so I think my best bet would be to start lookin' at Cartech kits, eh?
post #10 of 20 Old 01-08-2002, 06:56 PM

Cartech makes a great sn95 kit... I'm looking at one myself.

Turbocharged 1995 Mustang GT
10.90 @ 130 mph
Stock Bottom End
post #11 of 20 Old 01-08-2002, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Killer95GT302
Cartech makes a great sn95 kit... I'm looking at one myself.
again here you have to deal with the "if you ever get all of the peices" issue....there is also TTI left on the list as the only company to make a SN95 5.0L turbo kit without any procurement issues....

In Cartech's defence it seems that if you go through their dealers rather than try to buy direct it isn't too bad....
post #12 of 20 Old 01-08-2002, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Those certianly are some great numbers WaterPog! But most of the cartech GT's I've seen make close to those numbers and they are GT's... With your set-up on my car, rough estimate, what do you think my numbers would be?
post #13 of 20 Old 01-08-2002, 08:39 PM

here are my numbers. 387rwhp/461rwtq @ 8psi on 91 octane. i have a 100% stock longblock and the tune was VERY safe. i made 3 runs 6psi/7psi/8psi with less than a 15min cool down between each. this was with a very restrictive (banged up) 2 1/2" down pipe (Cartech are sending me a 3" for free) and a kink in the plumbing after my MAF (i didn't notice until later). oh yeah, and i had a pcv gromet stuck in my lower intake that i found a week after the tune

i have a single T64E.
post #14 of 20 Old 01-08-2002, 10:33 PM

My numbers aren't stellar, I was still trying to work out some tuning bugs (running really rich down low and loading up) and this is from a stock long block as well, never even had the valve covers off.

it's all in the tuneup. As for your car ConvYellow94GT I would think that the same numbers are very doable, but with a bit more boost (~8psi) the only reason I had it down so low is that I didn't want to worry about getting into the 11's yet (I was a bit optimistc) or breaking the tranny. That is why I started my swap to the C4 which seems like it will never end (see the power adder forum ).

The biggest concern for anyone looking at a turbo or even a blower for that matter should be the stock tranny, at these power levels (400+ ft/lbs) the T5 is really out of it's league. I wanted to swap it before it so that I could get some money from it to fund the swap...too bad my wife lost her job shortly after and it had to go to help with the mortgage....but it is back on track finally and should be running by spring.
post #15 of 20 Old 01-09-2002, 03:16 AM Thread Starter

Does Cartech's kit come with a bigger turbo that TTI's? T64E vs. T60-1? Also... just curious... What are either of your two's timing set at?

Last edited by ConvYellow94GT; 01-09-2002 at 03:30 AM.
post #16 of 20 Old 01-09-2002, 10:34 AM

the cartech kit is easier to put a larger turbo on, but the 60-1 will support almost 600 at the wheels which is more than plenty for most any street car. Also with some minor modification the TTI kit can be upgraded to a T series turbo (up to t76 if you really wanted to).

My timing is at 10 base, but I have made some changes to the map in the speedbrain. I don't have the details handy, but basically it was to take a bit out at high rpm's under WOT to avoid knock. Tuning should be done on a dyno anyway and settings can't really be compared from car to car easily because every car is a bit different.
post #17 of 20 Old 01-09-2002, 11:11 AM

my T64 supports 700-750hp and i think the cartech kit can be upgraded to a T80 if you want without modifications.

my base timing is at 10* with some pulled out around peak tq/hp.
post #18 of 20 Old 01-09-2002, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Wow... so with a chip you can configure it to reduce your timing at higher RPM's???
post #19 of 20 Old 01-09-2002, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ConvYellow94GT
Wow... so with a chip you can configure it to reduce your timing at higher RPM's???
yes, with a chip you can modify the fuel and timing tables so that you can get more or less timing or fuel at a give load and rpm.

that is the whole point of doing electronic tuning over just adjusting base timing and fuel pressure. (both of which are global modificatons)
post #20 of 20 Old 01-09-2002, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WaterPog

yes, with a chip you can modify the fuel and timing tables so that you can get more or less timing or fuel at a give load and rpm.

that is the whole point of doing electronic tuning over just adjusting base timing and fuel pressure. (both of which are global modificatons)
what he said.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement