Exhaust question? 3in. single or 2.5 dual? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 02-24-2003, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question Exhaust question? 3in. single or 2.5 dual?

Trying to decide which would flow better and sound better. I am currently running 3in. down pipe that is welded to an h-pipe with two dynomax ultraflos with pipes. I know the ultraflows are the way to go but was thinking about a single 3in. off the down pipe with a 3in. dynomax race bullet dumped. I know the dual 2.5 in theory should flow like a 5in. manifold but with the h-pipe and bends and with the two muffler's wouldn't a single 3in. with a race bullet flow better. Any help or experience with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -Jeff

Jeff
88 White notch.
04 VRSCB- Air ride, PM wheel, PCIII, Rineharts and much more!!

Last edited by Emerald; 02-24-2003 at 10:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-25-2003, 09:27 PM

Trader Feedback: (18)
88LX Coupe (Brent) from this board, made 603 rwhp with a single PT72 on a very mild 306 using a single 3 inch downpipe into a hpipe and then out through a 2.5 inch exhaust with rear exiting tailpipes. It really depends on how much overrall power you plan to make, he is now shooting for around 700 rwhp with the new R302 motor, and he is still using the same setup, but with a 3.5 inch downpipe before the split. I use a single 3 inch downpipe into a dual 3 inch catback with the Dynomax's (Ultra Flow Welded) and Mac 3 inch mandrel bent tailpipes, but it was because I had full 3" exhaust with my old nitrous combo, and just modded it to work off of the single out of my turbo, basically, I just cut off and welded up the passenger side to my X pipe, so it looks like a Y now. I think the dual 2.5 should be plenty to at least 600 hp, as long as it isn't a homemade one that is all kinked up or anything. I personally like the look of the chrome tailpipes, and so I decided to stay with this route. Hope this helps.
Mike

Last edited by Quick86GT; 02-25-2003 at 09:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement