wastegate question - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-20-2003, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
wastegate question

I was wondering if anyone here knows where I might be able to find a external wastegate from. Like where the guys get turbos for the jy build ups, I need to get an old, cheap, stockish wastegate from some car. What cars came w/ external gates? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-20-2003, 12:58 PM

There are somethings that you should not cut corners on. You can get a wastegate for 200.00. Give us a call or turbonetics.

post #3 of 7 Old 02-20-2003, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

I totally agree with you. However, this is not for a turbo'd car. I'm trying to make something for my supercharged car. I'd rather not spend the money on one if I can't make it work. But I have been looking around, and 200 is about the lowest like you said. I guess I could sell it on ebay, since it would still be new, not running any exhaust through it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-20-2003, 04:18 PM

We have an old wastegate you could pick up for 50 dollars if you can find a diagphram for it .What are you going to use it for, to regulate boost with a small pulley?
post #5 of 7 Old 02-20-2003, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

That's my goal. And I could use a boost controller to regulate it.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-20-2003, 04:46 PM

What you might want to consider is a bosch bypass valve with a vacum refernce on the intake side of the blower and hobbs switch controling a solenoid. The bypass valve has fittings that make it easy to adapt and with proper vacum routing it should allow you to controll boost. If that dosent work drop your car off at our shop and I promise quick boost response and an 80mm turbo that will open up shop on most street cars.J/K or not.
post #7 of 7 Old 02-20-2003, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Lol. I have thought about gettin a turbo kit. Buddy of mine just got the first kit from a new production kit for the ls1, and it looks to be pretty badass. But I just got the sc, so I'll have to wait at least a little while. I'll look into that bypass valve. The kit already has a bypass valve, but it functions as a bov would if routed pre-blower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement