HELP?! Trouble building boost with twins, on transbrake - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-23-2019, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
HELP?! Trouble building boost with twins, on transbrake

Little rundown on the car.
03’ terminator with twin Precision 64’s being controlled by the AMS-1000 boost controller. Laid down 1060rwhp on dyin @ 23psi. Trans is a turbo 400, reverse manual valve, with transbrake on 1st & 2nd. “3500-3600” stall ( PTC said this is the one to use and figured they were correct since they’re the manufacturer.

The problem we’re having is no matter what the 2 step is set at and no matter what the boost controller is turned up to the car won’t build more than 10-11 total boost psi while WOT and on the trans brake. Regardless of how long it sits there, or how high the car is revved it just won’t spool any higher.
Once the car CRAWLS off the line, literally not even cracking the tire loose and gets past the 60’ it sounds like a jet engine spooling and takes off like a bat outta hell LOL
Just frustrating when the 60’ times are 1.9-2.1 and 1/4 ET is mid/low 11’s with a mph at 150. Any advice OTHER than saying the stall is too tight??? Thank you guys!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-23-2019, 11:41 AM

Trader Feedback: (41)
What a/r exhaust housings are you running? Gen 2 64's?

post #3 of 9 Old 06-23-2019, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangjumper View Post
excuse my dumbness but what type of housings ? A/R? The manifolds, jntercooler and plumbing kit I got used off a guy the controller is brand new
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 06-23-2019, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Sorry mind fart. Yes gen 2 precision’s
post #5 of 9 Old 06-23-2019, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I have videos of what the car does on trans brake, I’m not sure how to send it though or post it on here
post #6 of 9 Old 06-23-2019, 10:55 PM

A/R will be 68, 81 or 96. Higher number will flow more but spool slower.
post #7 of 9 Old 06-24-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreycobra View Post
Little rundown on the car.
03’ terminator with twin Precision 64’s being controlled by the AMS-1000 boost controller. Laid down 1060rwhp on dyin @ 23psi. Trans is a turbo 400, reverse manual valve, with transbrake on 1st & 2nd. “3500-3600” stall ( PTC said this is the one to use and figured they were correct since they’re the manufacturer.

The problem we’re having is no matter what the 2 step is set at and no matter what the boost controller is turned up to the car won’t build more than 10-11 total boost psi while WOT and on the trans brake. Regardless of how long it sits there, or how high the car is revved it just won’t spool any higher.
Once the car CRAWLS off the line, literally not even cracking the tire loose and gets past the 60’ it sounds like a jet engine spooling and takes off like a bat outta hell LOL
Just frustrating when the 60’ times are 1.9-2.1 and 1/4 ET is mid/low 11’s with a mph at 150. Any advice OTHER than saying the stall is too tight??? Thank you guys!
Sorry man, if it's not building boost it's All in the converter, I would go with a smaller diameter and looser converter when you replace it, otherwise your shortening the #### out of the life of your transmission just sitting there on the Transbrake at WOT and trying to build boost. If you keep doing that and don't get a looser converter, you'll be replacing the Transmission and the converter very soon.

1983 4 Eye Notch - 347 fixing what previous owner did and attempting to dial it in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 Old 06-24-2019, 06:30 PM

Before you start changing parts, find out what a/r exhaust housing you are running.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-29-2019, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Before you start changing parts, find out what a/r exhaust housing you are running.
I believe they’re the Gen 2 BB divided .84 V band. They’re 6266’s. Like I said no matter what can’t get it to rev past 3200 on the transbrake at 10psi, let off the tb it crawls out a little spools up like a jet engine and away she goes but it’s usually to far gone to get the win lights. I have a video I’ll email you it or something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement