Let's talk stick cars to auto cars on street with turbos. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By AtomicCoupe
  • 1 Post By KEVIN$

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-10-2019, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Let's talk stick cars to auto cars on street with turbos.

Ok let's see what you guys like 5speed gives you lots of options to find gears on the street. But it also is not as much in traffic and from a dig with a turbo .On the hwy you can break boost your turbo as well a bit on a Auto.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-15-2019, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Anyone ever just bolted on 2 a stock 5.0

So my buddy at work bought a stock car down to the Air filter.He said it's just to slow.But with child support and a few other things does not leave him much money to spend.So I gave him a reminder to maybe look at a on3 kit .When I do things I go to the extreme.
Do you think he can get buy bolting it on with a set of 60 pound injectors mass air and a pump and a tune and some E-85

So the main ? Is anyone ever have good luck without puting new head gaskets in and arp bolts and keeping boost under 10 .
This car has 150,000 miles on it all stock 1992.

post #3 of 9 Old 05-22-2019, 12:15 AM

60s are fine on e85, youll need a 340lph if you want to be able to support that e85. There are lots of cheap options. I run a cheap Kemso 340lph pump and just replaced it after 5 years use in E85. The pump is still working but I think its time since E85 is corrosive. I think i made 530Whp with my 60s and a 340lph before i went to 80s. Head gaskets usually last if the tune is good but who knows the condition.. There are a lot of variables. I would probably say head gaskets and bolts or studs at a minimum but just use cheap felpro 9333pt1 gaskets with copper spray and they will hold whatever you can make with a stock block. There are lots of guys using them for boosted application with success.. Ive never had one fail but my tune is always conservative.

Oh yea, if he doesnt have injectors, get 80s. They are almost the same price and will leave injector headroom. Poweraddersolutions.com is the only place I trust for authentic Siemens injectors.. dont get the knockoffs.. they are impossible to tune

Turbo Teal 95 GT 5 speed, Creb Engineering 331 10.2:1, TFS 190 56cc 11R heads, Victor 5.0 intake, F-cam, Siemens 80s, HP hotside, custom coldside, Moates QH T4M2 custom tune by me, 91 octane 560HP 602TQ
***E85 coming soon***
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-22-2019, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info I passed it on to him .Good point on the injectors. His car has 150,000 on it but looks pretty good I'm trying to get him to spring for the 67mm up grade from on 3 so we will see .This guy has a nasty x wife.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-22-2019, 04:17 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (4)
A used Vortech S or T-trim will be a cheaper option for him. Buddy has one on a bone stock motor w/ bigger injectors and fuel pump. On 93 pump he makes about 415rwhp on a very safe tune. Drives the crap outta the car all summer. No issues
pkstang likes this.

Stock block 306, V1 T-trim, AFM B-451 cam, TFS Twisted Wedge, Holley Systemax, A1000, Snow Meth, TKO 600, Team Z, Strange, MM, Lakewood and Moser helps me go forward fast.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-22-2019, 07:20 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
IMO, most people use too large a turbo on a street car. They read about how much power a larger unit makes and everyone recommends larger units for this reason so they buy it but I prefer to use a smaller unit that will spool real fast. A smaller unit will spool damn near instantly making it a lot more fun with instant boost but it will give up ponies on the top end. For the pure fun/excitement around town a smaller unit is damn fun.

My car uses two "small" 60mm turbos and a 2800 stall converter and I make 900+hp/820tq. I could make a lot more HP with larger 62's but I don't want a high stall on the street to get the quick spool/boost. Small turbos are real fun..

ks
pkstang likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevin Slaby
2002 GT 2V 902hp/820tq through the muffs.
http://baselinesuspensions.com/Projects/balrog.htm
post #7 of 9 Old 05-22-2019, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Great info I was kind of the one who pushed him away from a blower as car has 150,000 so thought might be pushing it with a little wobble from the belt.

A little blow buy with them rings might be good for a turbo and no push on the crank
This is why I posted this it's great to get others feed back and combos that work.

As far as turbo that's why I wanted him to get a fast spooling turbo smaller one especially with the stock heads.
post #8 of 9 Old 05-22-2019, 08:46 PM

Agree on people using too large of turbos... I am one of those people but I went from a low compression 302 that needed 15lbs of boost to make 500whp to a high compression 308 that only used about 8-9 lbs of boost and now a high compression 331 that only uses 6lbs. Im going down to a 67 bb from a 76 journal bearing to gain more spool and to get the turbo into the efficiency range. On a stock 302 a 67bb or 70 journal bearing would be good. No need for a 76.

I would also recommend he starts looking into a quarterhorse. In the long run its much much cheaper than paying someone else to do tuning... I spent 2 hours on the dyno tuning timing because I set up all the fuel and basic stuff on the streets. If you tune your car twice its worth it.. Have him check out efidynotuning.com there are used QH on there for sale occasionally.. there was one just posted the other day for 150$. Tuner pro is free, A9L tune is free.. he can literally be tuning his own car with the best tuning device for pre OBD2 mustangs for 150$

Turbo Teal 95 GT 5 speed, Creb Engineering 331 10.2:1, TFS 190 56cc 11R heads, Victor 5.0 intake, F-cam, Siemens 80s, HP hotside, custom coldside, Moates QH T4M2 custom tune by me, 91 octane 560HP 602TQ
***E85 coming soon***
post #9 of 9 Old 05-22-2019, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

More great info thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement