Ford Mustang Forums banner

50lb injector tune with 60lb injectors

972 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  indy2000 
#1 ·
i have an old chip from a supercharged fox body that had 50lb injectors that saw about 12psi, could i run that chip with 60lb injectors and matching maf until i get a tune? The turbo is an on3 70mm

thanks

#2 ·
Matching maf?

You can run anything, whether it will safely is another story

If you think having the wrong injectors installed is no big deal, i dont know what to tell ya.

Reactions: TomR
#3 ·
A "matched" MAF is just a real poor way to get by with mismatched parts. The injectors are programmed wrong in the computer, so they add a wrong calibration MAF meter to make the engine "think" the air mass is less than it really is. The computer then turns the injectors down to a shorter duty cycle, because the computer thinks the engine is flowing less air.

This sorta works when the injector change is small, because the Ford computer can learn a small correction and store it in the KAM.

You probably have some idea from Internet that the MAF is "matched" to injectors, and that all anyone has to do is buy a magically matched MAF meter. But that makes the LOAD tables and everything else relying on LOAD goes bad, including timing.

It might kind of work out OK for you, or you might pop the engine. It would all depend on your luck. You are probably better off to NOT change the MAF and use the MAF the chip is for, if they tuned it correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.