New turbobuild - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 12-17-2018, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
New turbobuild

I have purchased a 1995 mustang and will be putting a turbo kit on the car and want to go over what I have and get advice if I should change anything. I have most of the parts and am starting the build so the time to change is now. I would like to make 500rwhp not sure if it’ll do it. Should I get 60lb injectors and how much boost will it take. My set up so far is

1990 bottom end stock forged pistons
Gt40p heads with 1.7 rockers
Gt40 intake with downs box upper 70mm throttle body
Tfs1 camshaft. (Need valve springs)
42lb injectors with stock fox rails.
255lph pump
Crane high 6 with msd coil msd tfi distributor
Pony down turbo kit with Borg s366 tial gate tial bov front mount cooler
Moates quarter horse with pmas

So any advice is always appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-17-2018, 09:40 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
If you can get a few more bux, buying Megasquirt 3 would be so much better.. A PIMPxs uses the stock harness, so it's less work and you have support from the pimp forums..

This way you can use Boost control among other things like overboost protection, afr protection.. If it's a street car, I'd get a 4psi gate because you will shred the tires on 4psi by just putting the pedal down. You can do boost by gear, so like 4psi for 1st and 2nd, and like 10psi for 3rd, 4th, 5th..

post #3 of 11 Old 12-17-2018, 10:07 PM

Trader Feedback: (17)
Garage
I run a similar setup, my only concerns are, 1.7 with a tfs1 might be close with the ptv clearance. I also run the same fuel setup and mine is ok as long at the boost stays below 13lbs. 60lb injectors would be nice to have as an added security but I think if you keep the boost low enough youíll be fine. Also, I recommend running studs to keep them heads held down. I know lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stock bottom end, gt40x, Ported GT40 tubular, On3 turbo, TKO, 5 lug, 4 wheel disc, etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 12-17-2018, 10:31 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
I ran a XE264-14 cam on the stock block before it let go, but it was a beast.. Real responsive. I'd stay under 9-10 psi. Boost is addictive, and everything runs great until it doesn't anymore..

My 331 with tfs 190 11rs is 750hp at 13psi , so you wouldn't be far behind. Also, there's no upside to running smaller injectors. 80lbs injectors are good for 1000hp, and they will idle like stock. Same with the pump. Might as well go 320lph so you won't have to buy again when you blow that motor and upgrade to a Dart block.

35-349-8 - Xtreme Energy? Hydraulic Roller Camshafts, Computer compatible (E.F.I.) with O.E. hydraulic roller cams 1985-95
post #5 of 11 Old 12-18-2018, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Turbo

JFraser27 at 13psi do you have an idea of how much power the car makes. I really would like 500 to the wheels and I can sell the 42lb and get 60s. I will check ptv for sure as I know it'll be close but I do have the lunati notching tool worse case. I do have arp head studs that I have purchased and am starting the assembly this weekend. If anybody has a set of 60lb injectors let me know.
post #6 of 11 Old 12-18-2018, 10:02 PM

Trader Feedback: (17)
Garage
I donít know how much power it was making. I never dynoíd the car but it felt faster than with my s trim did which would run mid 11s in the quarter. I might put the car on the dyno this year but I donít know if itís worth it. To me itís only a number. If the car runs great, my air /fuels and timings are all good itís pricey to get a hp number haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stock bottom end, gt40x, Ported GT40 tubular, On3 turbo, TKO, 5 lug, 4 wheel disc, etc
post #7 of 11 Old 12-18-2018, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

For me the number is my goal. I honestly have two goals make 500rwhp and be able to drive to the track go 11.50 and drive home. Lebanon valley is an hour away. I have a trailer queen already so just looking for a fun all around car and maybe do the street stick class on Wednesday nights. I dunno how my t5 is going to like bracket racing but we shall see.
post #8 of 11 Old 12-18-2018, 11:13 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
On3 67 mm or 70mm e85 80 inj.Pimp or Holley efi gt 40 heads or Tfs and f,cam and your good.
post #9 of 11 Old 12-19-2018, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Combo

We shall see my tuner said run a bigger feed line then stock and go to a 60lb injector and I will be good to go he has a tune for the quarter horse with a similar car. I have a classic fast I can switch to that's in my junk pile I am thinking I might.
post #10 of 11 Old 12-20-2018, 02:58 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (59)
Sounds like a decent plan. Very similar to this combo I tuned.

Ported 351 heads, F or B cam. Explorer intake, 60 lb inj, ran 10.0x

Michael Bell
email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 coupe, coyote 5.0, turbo, manual trans, project in progress....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 11 Old 12-21-2018, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Setup

Good god that is amazing, your friend is brave going 10.0 with a t-shirt on and no cage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement