My dyno #'s. Are they low??? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-18-2003, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question My dyno #'s. Are they low???

What's up everyone. Finally got my car on the dyno. 398rwhp. and 486rwtq. Do you think these number's are low? I have catrech ss with t64e, edelbrock rpm heads and intake with the f-cam. This was at 13psi. and air/fuel at 11.6 . I am also still running stock block but with forged internals at 8.5 to 1 cr. I was really hoping to get better number's with this setup. Still trying to figure out my pms. I'm actually using the interaq which does make it easier. Thanks for any help or info. -Jeff

Jeff
88 White notch.
04 VRSCB- Air ride, PM wheel, PCIII, Rineharts and much more!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-18-2003, 01:56 PM

Low

I would say the HP does sound a little low. The torque doesn't sound too bad. What exhaust housing does the turbo have?

My street car with totally stock motor (besides an intake) made 471hp 537 lb tq @ 15psi from a T04b (Smaller than the 64, more like a 44).

Something is holding you back.

That combo should make well over 500hp at the wheels.

MJB

post #3 of 8 Old 02-18-2003, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

I have a .63 housing. I do still have a few exhaust leaks that may be the problem. I'm also thinking my crossover tube might be a factor. Had to manufactor one being that I have a 7qt. canton oil pan and the crossover tube that came with the kit wouldn't work. The new crossover tube is only like 2 1/4 with some nasty bends in it. I was thinking I should be closer to 500 at the wheels too. Any more help would be great. This was also on pump gas. Thanks. -Jeff

Jeff
88 White notch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-18-2003, 06:18 PM

What was your totall timming,5spd or automatic and what rpm?
post #5 of 8 Old 02-18-2003, 06:39 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
I would think your numbers would be higher also. .63 is a little small. It's likely restricting your power on the high end. Is your power band falling off at about 5400 or so? I made my numbers on pump gas at 12 lbs with a stock cobra motor (with an F cam). You should be higher than me for sure. Was that on a Dyno jet or Mustang dyno? Mine was on a dyno jet. Mustang dynos are generally lower (and more accurate I'm told), but I'd think you'd still be higher.

I suppose there are too many variables to really decide where you'd be without knowing much about the car.

As long as your exhaust leak isn't causing your boost to fall off, your power output wouldn't be affected. You crossover tube, while small and crimped, should still flow enough to make lots of power. I've seen some small, real small, crossover tubes make lots of power.

Only expressing my oppinion here.

05 GT
85 ASC McLaren Capri
79 Pace Car
post #6 of 8 Old 02-18-2003, 07:53 PM

Re: My dyno #'s. Are they low???

Quote:
Originally posted by svtlightning
What's up everyone. Finally got my car on the dyno. 398rwhp. and 486rwtq. Do you think these number's are low?

You again!!! you stole my car!!! jk, i think the prob with that car is the pms, i'd take it out and see what happens, i remember the last owner havin low hp #'s as well. Unless the pms is tuned my some1 with knowledge they are useless, just like any other tunable device.

Keep us posted

Good Luck
post #7 of 8 Old 02-18-2003, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

We tried playing with the PMS and gained 62hp and 71tq. will I lose any of my data sets if I disconnect it? Also what should I set my base timing at since I want have any retard. Thanks for the help. -Jeff

Jeff
88 White notch.
post #8 of 8 Old 02-18-2003, 10:15 PM

I don't know enough about pms to say, maybe check with AFM, you could try setting the timin to 22 total on the dyno, or maybe like 6-9 base, i'd do it all on the dyno for safety sake, then back it off a lil for the street

Good Luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement