Pics of turbo kit installed - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 118 Old 02-17-2003, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Pics of turbo kit installed

Just thought I would post up some pics that I finally took of the ITS twin kit installed on the car.

Here is one pic I took a little while back of the ITS kit install I did on a buddies car that shows the pipe routing

I've actually had the kit on my GT for about 9 mohths and never really took any good pictures, I just put that turbo kit on my LX a few weeks back and decided I'd borrow a camera and finally take some decent pictures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 118 Old 02-17-2003, 07:33 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
How much did you have to trim on the LX bumper cover to fit the intercooler?? Also what stage ITS kit are you running and with what upgrades? One last question, what type of electronics are running?

Last edited by ERnotch; 02-17-2003 at 07:54 PM.
post #3 of 118 Old 02-17-2003, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

The black car and the blue car both have the twin T3/T4 hybrids and nice sheetmetal front mount IC on them. That is just the standard parts for the Stage II. It has to be one of the best intercoolers that comes with any kit, I love it. As for trimming, the GT/Cobra front bumper requires no trimming at all to fit it in. I just put the front clip right back on when I had it on my 93GT. That is really the bumper that it was designed around but does fit the LX with some trimming of the inside of the bottom lip to get it to fit. So, a little bit of trimming and it rides nicely in there now. I believe they've actually already made some changes to where it sits now so it may even be less of a big deal, this kit was the first one ever so a few small things have been changed that I recommended to accomodate others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 118 Old 02-17-2003, 10:29 PM

?

don't take this wrong but the headers and stuff and the way the turbos lay out make that kit look like a junk yard kit.
post #5 of 118 Old 02-17-2003, 11:02 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Re: ?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by twinturbosaleen
don't take this wrong

I think it looks good, Oh BTW, I have a REAL Junkyard "kit"

Jeremy

Two turbos and a carb...

Last edited by P.MUSSIN; 02-17-2003 at 11:05 PM.
post #6 of 118 Old 02-17-2003, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by twinturbosaleen
don't take this wrong but the headers and stuff and the way the turbos lay out make that kit look like a junk yard kit.
don't take this wrong, but I think you talk out of your a$s 99% of the time you post.
I do see a lot of JY kits running around with nice sheet metal front mounts and twin t3/t4 hybrids, ceramic coated parts, etc.
also, most the single turbo jy kits i've seen are setup similar to your pro turbo kit...so what's your point?

Last edited by 92fastlx; 02-18-2003 at 12:10 AM.
post #7 of 118 Old 02-18-2003, 12:03 AM

I definately will have Carson making my intercooler.
post #8 of 118 Old 02-18-2003, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 92fastlx
don't take this wrong, but I think you talk out of your a$s 99% of the time you post.

I think the whole damn car looks good. I especially like the 99 Rims.

Greg

Quote:
Originally posted by ReefBlue
Wiping your face with buttcrack soap isn't cool.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 118 Old 02-18-2003, 03:30 PM

Quote:
how could anyone take offense to that?
post #10 of 118 Old 02-18-2003, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by clement
how could anyone take offense to that?
lol, I was waiting for you to chime in....so you still set on going supercharger these days?
Barry

post #11 of 118 Old 02-18-2003, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SvtJosh
I definately will have Carson making my intercooler.
No offense to anyone, but 1 thing that comes to mind when i look at that ic, turbulence, either cartech TTI and all the others are way off by putting lil walls between the turbos or.......
That setup has the two turbos fightin each other, have a look at the cartech twin ic or even the incon ic and you can see what I mean

my .02

Nice attention to detail 92fastlx
post #12 of 118 Old 02-18-2003, 06:05 PM

ok

I was refering to the layout as well as the fact all the welds on the tubeing in the shot of the intercooler look like they were done with a stick welder.

I could make a smaller bead then that with a wire fed mig much less a tig.

that and the welds on the intercooler it self look bad

i can take a lump of **** coat in in ceramic powder and bake it .. its still a lump of ****..

not that im saying this kit is simply saying it looks to me liek a junk yard kit that was then coated.

and as super squirel said.. the intercooler seems to be not very well designed.

a proper intercooler would angle the inlet tanks from where each turbo feeds it DOWN in a v to a center divider .. in order to promote the best possibl air flow across and through the core.

much like the cartech and most other twin kit intercoolers do.
post #13 of 118 Old 02-18-2003, 08:00 PM

Dear twinnturbosaleen,

Too bad we can't ALL have the best of everything... The old saying "you get what you pay for". He didn't pay top dollar to have all his s**t welded by NASA (no pun here), he paid what he could to get the service he was looking for.

'You want to go drop 4 large+ on a kit that's got all the neat tricks and research, that's your decision! The rest of us who decide to pay HALF that on something that isn't as cosmetically refined and still make great power while on a budget, will do it without tearing into someone because they chose a different route.

I guess you come in waves. First you were a d$%k, then you kind of faded away, then you had to come in here and open your sh*&a$$ mouth. They are you own oppinions sure, but why don't you keep them to yourself. Because we don't give a s**t what you think!

05 GT
85 ASC McLaren Capri
79 Pace Car
post #14 of 118 Old 02-18-2003, 08:02 PM

Last edited by clement; 02-20-2003 at 01:58 PM.
post #15 of 118 Old 02-18-2003, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Re: ok

Quote:
that and the welds on the intercooler it self look bad
I could go on and on throught your post (as well as most others you've made) and make you feel like you only know the tip of the ice burg as far as welding, air flow, etc is concerned but I would hate to bring you to that harsh reality so quickly. You can stay in your little world for now.
Intercooler welds look bad?? you can't even see them from that angle, all you can see is light refracting on them to get a bit of an outline...but Charged Air Systems is known to do terrible welding on the coolers . You might want to call them and let them know that it isn't up to par with Dean's perspective...I'm sure they'll be very disappointed.
Also, you talk about the width of the welds on some piping...I know you go mostly from a looks standpoint and not from ergonomics but I don't particularly care if a weld that is NOT visible b/c of a bumper cover being over it turns about to be a little wider than you prefer. If you knew how to read a weld, you wouldn't stick to looking at it's width to determine its effectiveness. A weld with a higher tensile strength and consistency (no porosity, slag inclusions, etc) is fine by me if it is a bit wide and covered up by a bumper. I can continue to school you on topics dealing with mechanical engineering if you like but frankly you are a waste of time imo. You do this just about every time some one posts something about turbos, you say how you like it if it just happens to be the same kit you have but point out what all is wrong with it if it is someone elses. Dean, I hate to break it to you but I can start a long list of things I don't like about the PTK kit you have but instead, you've posted about it and I commented on it being a nice looking car and stuff and moved on. I didn't ask what you thought could use improving, just showing pictures. About the only thing I partially agree with you on is intercooler design could use a few more revisions (you are looking at the first 2 kits ever made) but even that isn't as critical as you would think to the airflow once the throttle body goes wide open. Once again, I could make you look retarded on all topics dealing with fluid dynamics and thermodynamics in relation to efficiency and air flow and other related items but don't feel like typing any more as far as you are concerned. Please quit posting if you have nothing to say but picking apart the kit.
Besides all this is coming from someone that managed to make 675rwhp and mustered 11.40's with it.

Last edited by 92fastlx; 02-18-2003 at 08:16 PM.
post #16 of 118 Old 02-18-2003, 08:15 PM

Quote:

also, most the single turbo jy kits i've seen are setup similar to your pro turbo kit...so what's your point?

hey now thats what layout i used for single kit.
post #17 of 118 Old 02-18-2003, 11:19 PM

/me braves the flames to say: that is a very very nice car!

'91 Notch '93 Cobra Teal/black int *For Sale*

'99 F350 Powerstroke 4x4 Supercab 4" lift
post #18 of 118 Old 02-18-2003, 11:40 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Dean why cant you STFU for once in your gay ass life? why dont you go suck on your uncles ****.

"Nitrous is like hot girl with with STD's. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences."
post #19 of 118 Old 02-19-2003, 04:59 AM

hmm

I MADE 675 RWP ON pump gass and yes ran 11.30 because

1. my car wieghs 3550
2. I had bald nito street tires on it.
3. the rear gear was far to high still set up for my old blower motor with 3.73s and i ran out of gear at around 1000 feet ..
4. i was only runing 10 psi that night i was not there to break records but to shake the car down to find any potential probems

wich I did ..
with the 3.27 gear thats in it now ill easily run 10.90s on radials with only 10 psi boost .. probly 10.60s or so at 15 psi ..

both of course traction limited.

9s wil be cake with slicks real boost and race gass.

ps twins kiss my ass
post #20 of 118 Old 02-19-2003, 10:56 AM

Thanks for the pictures, glad to see one of these installed. Have you got any numbers (1/4 times, hp, etc...) This is the t3/t4 hybrid right? How are the boost characteristics of the kit, when does full boost come on, etc...
post #21 of 118 Old 02-19-2003, 10:59 AM

Ok I have to comment especially since one of the cars in question is mine. Just for the record the intercooler is awesome! I will agree the headers could use some polishing up as far as the welds go but they work and work well. Barry's and mine are one of the first two kits too go into production and Carson may still have some things to improve upon, but the kit is a killer deal and makes insane power. There is not another kit on the market that can touch this from a "bang for the buck" perspective. He has done some considerable improvements since introducing the kit and the price has virtually stayed the same. Unlike the other manufactuers by the time you add all there "other" stuff that does not come with the kit your well above $5,000. Case in point TDC (no longer in business), INCON systems (no longer in business), Cartech (delivery problems). These people make great kits, but are mucho expensive!
post #22 of 118 Old 02-19-2003, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Re: hmm

Quote:

1. my car wieghs 3550
2. I had bald nito street tires on it.
3. the rear gear was far to high still set up for my old blower motor with 3.73s and i ran out of gear at around 1000 feet ..
4. i was only runing 10 psi that night i was not there to break records but to shake the car down to find any potential probems
3550? That's convenient, I remember reading not very long ago you said the car weighed in at 3200 just before the race with you in it. Aaron and everyone else wanted to know how you got it so low for an sn-95 and all and you argued the point to death, you then came back a few days later and had gained 300+ lbs but blamed it on a new stereo system or something .
Also, your car didn't make 675rwhp on the kind of "pump gas" that most folks assume your talking about. I run my car on 112 octane "pump gas" lots of times, I don't go around trying to make folks think I'm on 93 octane though.
How do I know you weren't running 93 you'll probably ask next? Because I remember you saying you ran 25° total timing on 15#'s of boost. Even though your compression is lower than stock, you still can't run that kind of timing causing that much cylinder pressure and heat w/out it pre igniting due to it being such a low octane. So, enough twisting of the facts, just leave it alone.
post #23 of 118 Old 02-19-2003, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Because what? Excuses Dean!

Could'a, should'a, would'a-BUT DIDN'T!!!

My car only makes 500 hp because... I need bigger heads... I need a better intake.... I need a better fuel system... I could go on all day about why my car isn't faster and what I NEED to do... but the fact is, I'm only making 500 hp from what I have, not from what I could have.

Quote:
9s wil be cake with slicks real boost and race gass.
Bench racers are like ricers, ALL THEY ARE IS TALK!

There is no doubt your car is making great power. You have a good combination. But if you can't put it to the ground... Well you know how the story goes.

Point is, 92fastlx has a good setup and a nice car for the price he paid. He could have paid twice what he did and got the same quality you have, but that's not what he chose to do. He's satisfied with what he's got, and that's all that matters. He knows his setup's not top notch, he doesn't need you to tell him that. Honestly, who really cares what you think? If you don't have anything helpful, and if no one cares, then why even open your mouth? We could go on all day about what's wrong with your car, but what would the point be?

You could be a great asset to this forum if you'd use your information and experiences in a positive way. Quit talking trash, get your car dialed in and show us all up.

05 GT
85 ASC McLaren Capri
79 Pace Car
post #24 of 118 Old 02-19-2003, 03:01 PM

If that intercooler is so poorly designed then why does Mike Sitars (www.toohighpsi.com ) dad use it to run 9's in the blue bomb?? Oh yea it's also a "junkyard kit" , we all don't have $$$ comming out the ass, and some of us are more interested in the GO instead of the show...

Jeremy

Two turbos and a carb...
post #25 of 118 Old 02-19-2003, 03:28 PM

Re: Re: hmm

Quote:
3550? That's convenient, I remember reading not very long ago you said the car weighed in at 3200 just before the race with you in it. Aaron and everyone else wanted to know how you got it so low for an sn-95 and all and you argued the point to death, you then came back a few days later and had gained 300+ lbs but blamed it on a new stereo system or something .
Me and Aaron both wanted to know why his car was so lite. and i do believe it was right in at 3100-3200lbs with all his fake saleen ****. I find it funny as **** that he would waste 300+lbs on a 'stereo system and not a cage......but then again this is Dean we are talking about so i wonder what lies he will come up with next to try and cover his ass.

Quote:
Also, your car didn't make 675rwhp on the kind of "pump gas" that most folks assume your talking about. I run my car on 112 octane "pump gas" lots of times, I don't go around trying to make folks think I'm on 93 octane though.
How do I know you weren't running 93 you'll probably ask next? Because I remember you saying you ran 25° total timing on 15#'s of boost. Even though your compression is lower than stock, you still can't run that kind of timing causing that much cylinder pressure and heat w/out it pre igniting due to it being such a low octane. So, enough twisting of the facts, just leave it alone.

this just speaks for its self

Quote:
ps twins kiss my ass
no thanks but im sure your sheep would love too

E

"Nitrous is like hot girl with with STD's. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences."
post #26 of 118 Old 02-19-2003, 04:22 PM

Re: Re: hmm

it wieghed 3200 ..

PRIOR to adding the compleat dvd and audio system .. i got at least 275 pounds of car audio in the car i did not have before probly more when the sub box amps both subs and the dvd system is figured in ..
also when I weighed it before it had almost no gass in the tank .. gass = heavy add 60 pounds of gass and boom there you go 3550.
i have a picture of the scale read out i took from the scale it said 3550 with me in the car and a 3/4 tank of gass.

why would i put that in it?
um its a street car totaly, not some race car with a monkey bar cage.
I would easily run 8s with this motor in a fox body notch\ on race gass.

as for my compresion and my timeing..

SORRY BUT YOU ARE CLUELESS as to what can be done with the corect setup then.

Imports with 8.5-1 engines rutinely run 16 to 18 psi of boost in them porches, subarus, eclipses, supras, stealths etc etc and they run 22- 23 timeing at 18 psi in most cases.

I am running 15.2 max psi on pump gass with 24 degrees total timeing on a 8.3-1 compresion engine useing a fairly warm plug for the type of cylinder preasure im runing however it still is a very cold plug compared to a na aplication.

I see about 138 degree max intake temperatures on the dyno with ambient temps of 71 degrees at that boost with only a small shop fan blowing over the front of the car.. they will be lower during a actual run with air passing over the intercooler.

my car mar 683.2 horses 729.7 torque at the REAR WHEELS on 93 octane pump gass bought at STOP AND GO .. i have multiple witnesses to this even mike murillo who was there with me dynoing the car.

the car even had a sliping clutch at anything over 12 psi as can be seen on the dyno graphs i have on my site you can clearly see the cars not picking up nearly as much per pound ofboost past 12 psi due to the slipiong clutch problem.

everyone there agrees when i put it back in with the dual disc clutch I will make 700 rwhp on pump 93 octane.
let me say that again.

ALL THESE NUMBERS WERE ON 93 OCTANE PUMP GASS

those who can do ...do.

those who cant sit and say well you can't do that I don't believe it..

well guess what I DID DO IT in front of everyone I proved it.
come back when you guys actualy post some impresive numbers. instead of claiming mine are fake.

dyno graphs can be seen here

http://photos.yahoo.com/sacarguy1

Last edited by twinturbosaleen; 02-19-2003 at 04:27 PM.
post #27 of 118 Old 02-19-2003, 04:24 PM

Re: Re: Re: hmm

Quote:
it wieghed 3200 ..

PRIOR to adding the compleat dvd and audio system .. i got at least 275 pounds of car audio in the car i did not have before probly more when the sub box amps both subs and the dvd system is figured in ..
also when I weighed it before it had almsot no gass in the tank .. gass = heavy add 60 pounds of gass and boom there you go 3550.
i have a picture of the scale read out i took from the scale it said 3550 with me in the car and a 3/4 tank of gass.

why would i put that in it? um its a street car totaly, not some race car I would easilyr un 8s with this motor in a fox body notch.

as for my compresion and my timeing..
Imports with 8.5-1 engines rutinely run 16 tp 18 psi of boost in them ala supras stealths etc etc and they run 22- 23 timeing at 18 psi in most cases.

I am running 15.2 max psi on pump gass with 24 degrees total timeing on a 8.3-1 compresion engine useing a fairly warm plug for the type of cylinder preasure im runing however it still is a very cold plug compared to a na aplication.

I see about 138 degree max intake temperatures on the dyno with ambient temps of 71 degrees at that boost with only a small shop fan blowing over the front of the car.. they will be lower during a actual run with air passing over the intercooler.

my car mar 683.2 horses 729.7 torque at the REAR WHEELS on 93 octane pump gass bought at STOP AND GO .. i have multiple witnesses to this even mike murillo who was there with me dynoing the car.

the car even had a sliping clutch at anything over 12 psi as can be seen on the dyno graphs i have on my site you can clearly see the cars not picking up nearly as much per pound ofboost past 12 psi due to the slipiong clutch problem.

everyone there agrees when i put it back in with the dual disc clutch I will make OVER 700 rwhp on pump 93 octane.

those who can do ... those who cant sit and say well you can't do that I don't believe it..

well guess what I DID DO IT in front of everyone I proved it.
come back when you guys actualy post some impresive numbers. instead of claiming mine are fake.
post #28 of 118 Old 02-19-2003, 05:29 PM

Quote:
I would easily run 8s with this motor in a fox body notch\ on race gass.
My motor would go 8's too... If it were in a 200 lb go cart!

BUT IT'S NOT!

05 GT
85 ASC McLaren Capri
79 Pace Car

Last edited by 19COBRA93; 02-19-2003 at 05:34 PM.
post #29 of 118 Old 02-19-2003, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Re: Re: Re: hmm

Quote:

Imports with 8.5-1 engines rutinely run 16 to 18 psi of boost in them porches, subarus, eclipses, supras, stealths etc etc and they run 22- 23 timeing at 18 psi in most cases.

I'm the clueless one? I'm not the one comparing 15#'s of boost from a 347+ cubic inch motor to that of a 120 cubic inch motor. I guess it's all the same though, the cfm of airflow on your car and one of those. Also, not to mention that you aren't even taking into account the difference in design from an engineering standpoint of a stock turbo equipped car with that of a mustang in respect to combustion chamber design among others. There are a lot more things that will cause a car to detonate or pre-ignite than compression, flame fronts can be manipulated by changes in combustion chamber design such as a supra....the design of the head is one of the main reasons you hardly ever hear of a car reporting a broken shortblock due to detonation. Anyways, we've deviated enough from the topic...fact is my car ran 11.30's with 200 less hp so I wouldn't be so jumpy to point out other peoples problems when you can't even resolve those of yourself .
post #30 of 118 Old 02-20-2003, 01:27 AM

i have no problems.. it was a shake down night. as i said I was not there to impress anyone simply to try to check for any issues with the car.

my car will run circles around yours any day of the week and do it on pump gas with you running race gas.
10 psi = 135 mph trap speeds on radials..

my car can pull down 142+ trap speeds on pump gas and around 150 on race gass.

if you think a 11:30 et at 135 mph is anywhere near a 11.30 at 120 something as far as power out put then again you are clueless

135 mph in the traps for a 3550 pound car = 696 horses acording to the corrals OWN horsepower calculators.

and that was on only 10.3 psi acroding to the speed pro data log.. i make aprox 815 at the flywheel at 15 psi..

motor size has NOTHING to do with detonation .. so yes 15 psi in a 8.5-1 100 cu motor or 8.5-1 347 cu motor will still be comparable as to peek cylinder preasure...

combustion chameber design?.
yes that very much has a affect on posibilty of detonation....

the cnc chamber of the afr 205 heads I run is very well designed also the cnc ridges in it cause for a large amount of combustion chamber turbulence wich promotes a better burn and lowers chance of detonation.
that along with the fact i spend considerable time in my machineing and my preperations to maximize my quench area between my heads and my pistons < no im not runing a off the shelf piston it was a custom > and the fact i was verry carefull to keep a tight piston to head clearance of .038 allows for me to run upwards of 17 psi on pump gas..

at 15 psi i had ZERO hint of detonation I simply stoped there for a safety margin and because my clutch was slipping.

again as i said you have no idea whats possible on pump gass.

half the turbo guys said I had no idea what I was talking about.. half said I would never make power.. most didnt believe i knew a damn thing

yet here I am makeing more power with a street kit on pump gas then most of them on race gas...

I have probly the highest horse TRUE PUMP GASS stang on the board.
but of course your right im wrong. i didnt make that power right in front of 10 people includeing one of the best tuners in the country.

Last edited by twinturbosaleen; 02-20-2003 at 01:32 AM.
post #31 of 118 Old 02-20-2003, 02:22 AM

this post is great. But i'm definately ordering a kit from carson. I'm building my a new motor any suggestions of engine builders in Cali? want to go with a 306 capable of 700rwhp?

Any suggestions thanks.
post #32 of 118 Old 02-20-2003, 02:44 AM

YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN and this one time at band camp........

post #33 of 118 Old 02-20-2003, 03:31 PM

Nice setup and car 92fastlx.

Can the mods please change twinturbosaleen's ID to Excuse_Master? I haven't seen so many excuses in one post since I got banned from LS1.com over a year ago.
post #34 of 118 Old 02-20-2003, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
my car will run circles around yours any day of the week and do it on pump gas with you running race gas.
wow, you are so cool now. When all your lies are being pointed out, the best you can do is challenge me to a race . I mean, a stock mustang with an intake and turbo vs a built car with a fuel system etc, etc. I tell you what, my car turns from a hatch to notch real quick, why don't you come down here to ATL and try out the blue notch turbo car that is a street car. I'd be more than happy to setup a race for you for any $$ amt you want since you're so confident. Just be prepared to have your ass handed to you by the little single turbo street car that belongs to my buddy. It's driven all the time and if you want a fair race, here it is.

Quote:
my car can pull down 142+ trap speeds on pump gas and around 150 on race gass.

if you think a 11:30 et at 135 mph is anywhere near a 11.30 at 120 something as far as power out put then again you are clueless
HAVE YOU GONE 142 YET??!!?? Didn't think so. You should join the supraforums....you sure like to use their math. Also, I'm well aware that 135mph trap speed is faster than a 120mph speed but GUESS WHAT, YOUR 135 MPH PASS LOSES TO MY 120 MPH PASS...you know why...my e/t is quicker, who gives a **** about your mph.

Quote:
135 mph in the traps for a 3550 pound car = 696 horses acording to the corrals OWN horsepower calculators.
so what? I didn't say your car didn't make that much. Fact is, you still ran 11.30's. Once again, your car gained 300#'s b/c your mph wasn't what you hoped for so you needed one more excuse I guess.

Quote:
blah blah blah
that sums it up pretty well

Quote:
I have probly the highest horse TRUE PUMP GASS stang on the board.
and that's another thing...IT IS SPELLED GAS!!. That's half the reason people probably doubt your abilities b/c you can't even correctly spell some 3 letter words. It wasn't a typo b/c you did it every single post. Also, that title of most hp on pump gas.....you lose on that to. Once again, goes to the single turbo notch down here. Sorry buddy, we'll get 'em next time.

Last edited by 92fastlx; 02-20-2003 at 04:30 PM.
post #35 of 118 Old 02-20-2003, 04:31 PM

Its guys like you that give turbo owners a bad name. All you ever do is *****, moan and complain about each other.

Grow up, were not children anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement