Pics of the turbo installed - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-14-2003, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Pics of the turbo installed

There is still some finishing touched to be done - like a solution for the fuel lines, but it runs darned good.

Mike Smith
1990 LX Coupe 5.0 5 speed w/ 2000 Exploder GT-40 engine, P heads, mystery cam (F cam per previous owner) 3.73, and not much else. In the parts pile - UPR tubular K member, CC plates. Future plans - Megasquirt & On3 turbo system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-14-2003, 09:57 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Looks pretty sweet Mike You got any pics of the Exhaust? Keep us posted...

Jeremy

Two turbos and a carb...
post #3 of 6 Old 02-17-2003, 12:22 PM

I noticed that you ran the fuel lines above the intake pipe and have them wrapped in something. Are you that worried about heat? Actually, as I look closer, it looks like you've got all kinds of wires pulled up out of the way!

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
331 with HCI
Pics
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Original owner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-17-2003, 12:29 PM

Is that a MSD ignition box under the hood? Underhood temps are about 300 F in the summer I venture......that MSD is going to be hurtin'.

The turbo setup is sweet, nothing like a real deal power adder kit to see once in awhile. Awesome.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-17-2003, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CASturbo
Is that a MSD ignition box under the hood? Underhood temps are about 300 F in the summer I venture......that MSD is going to be hurtin'.

The turbo setup is sweet, nothing like a real deal power adder kit to see once in awhile. Awesome.
my msd has always been by the exhaust housing. never had a problem. drove it in the summer all the time.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-17-2003, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I am worried about the heat. The fuel lines should run under the intake tube, above the exhaust side of the turbo. It gets a might bit hot there. I decided to put them over the intake. I also put some asbestos wrap where they contact the intake tube. Ultimately, I will remake fuel lines and run them differently. The other stuff is vacumn related. I need to get all that sorted out so it looks better. This install just got done, so I wanted to run it a little and make sure the kinks were worked out.

At this time, I have the car back on the lift. The clutch (stock) started slipping immediately, so that is getting changed. I also have a leaking crossover pipe. I am remaking that part. I do not like the way the one with the kit was run. I may also end up making my own Y pipe, as the one that came with the kit needed some persuasion to fit correctly.

It's running good, but the details are a work in progress.

Mike Smith
1990 LX Coupe 5.0 5 speed w/ 2000 Exploder GT-40 engine, P heads, mystery cam (F cam per previous owner) 3.73, and not much else. In the parts pile - UPR tubular K member, CC plates. Future plans - Megasquirt & On3 turbo system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement