On3Performace Turbo for 93 vert - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By boostup89

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 12-27-2017, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
On3Performace Turbo for 93 vert

Looking for a little guidance. I am looking to purchase the On3 70mm Turbo kit for my 93 gt vert. What I am wondering is how many others have installed this? and what size injectors I should use? I keep seeing 60lb injectors, but want this car to remain a weekend cruiser/driver vs a track race car. What would others recommend? I was previous looking at 44 or 48lb injectors for a supercharger kit and now think turbo will add more power for less cost.

Has Gt40 heads and intake upgraded 1.7 rockers exhaust and cam.

Any input would be great and Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-28-2017, 03:21 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
60's are fine for a street driven car. The SD injectors remain stable at lower PW's and don't have control issues at idle with these cars. Gives you plenty of headroom as well. I have this kit on my car with a Magnum Performance Turbo and although it has it's quarks, it has been solid.

post #3 of 9 Old 12-28-2017, 09:22 AM
Please call me Mike

Trader Feedback: (46)
Im running 62lb injectors injectors from pro m. If you are going to run an aftermarket ecu , Id make sure you can get the flow data from whatever injector you use.

According the the pro m fuel injector calculator if you are shooting for 500 flywheel power you need 42s. If you are going for 600 you need 62s.

84K 88 LX Vert 5spd: 3.73s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 12-28-2017, 08:56 PM

Trader Feedback: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0thunder View Post
60's are fine for a street driven car. The SD injectors remain stable at lower PW's and don't have control issues at idle with these cars. Gives you plenty of headroom as well. I have this kit on my car with a Magnum Performance Turbo and although it has it's quarks, it has been solid.
What quirks has the kit and or turbo thrown at you? I'm looking possibly purchase myself so any info would be great.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-30-2017, 06:32 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (8)
I wouldn't run any less than 60#. I have them in my daily driven supercharged truck with no issues. Will run 80# in the mustang whenever I get it together.
post #6 of 9 Old 12-30-2017, 09:56 PM

Trader Feedback: (21)
Seimens deka 80's and be done. Great control on the low side, all you could want on the top end. PMAS hpx maf, have on3 go ahead and weld the MAF flange in. Moates Quarterhorse will work good for tuning. You'll need an oil filter relocation kit. Throw all the header and turbo flange gaskets in the trash, use the copper rtv silicone. When installing the headers you'll need to get all the bolts started, then work them in front to back, this will draw the headers in while still being able to get on the bolt heads. Get a 90 fitting for the turbo's oil feed line. Make sure you clean the headers and hotside piping out really really good, or crap like welding slag might come loose and go through the turbine (ask me how I know) Otherwise it's a pretty good kit for the money.
5.0carlo likes this.

For everything that is worthwhile, there is a counterfeit.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-02-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0carlo View Post
What quirks has the kit and or turbo thrown at you? I'm looking possibly purchase myself so any info would be great.
I have a big post that details the installation of these kits. I'd say there aren't many quirks if you're careful. The biggest items I can remember are header bolt installation and crossover pipe alignment, which end up working fine but can be a pain the first time around.

I learned to turn the header bolts in a few threads at a time, so that none are threaded much deeper than the rest at any given moment. If you thread some bolts all the way in, you won't be able to get a wrench on the others that aren't installed so you have to do them all at the same time.

The crossover pipe on the older kits doesn't have indexed Vbands so aligning the flanges and tightening the clamps can be a pain. I believe they're now indexed (male/female) so that isn't an issue.

The braided stainless oil line in my kit had a nylon sleeve that melted and clogged the line. I had to remove that line and replace with tubing to eliminate any possibility of it happening again. It was fine for about 3 years before that but the hard tube will probably last forever.
post #8 of 9 Old 01-02-2018, 01:44 PM

Trader Feedback: (13)
Awesome hanks for the feedback man. I'm deciding between using their Hotside and piecing a kit together or going a different route.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-02-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0carlo View Post
Awesome hanks for the feedback man. I'm deciding between using their Hotside and piecing a kit together or going a different route.
I personally got an incredible deal on their whole kit minus turbo, so I still have the on3 wastegate and BOV but I use a more pricy Magnum Performance 72mm turbo on my junk. all of the on3 components, including the clamps, hot side piping, and cold side piping, have been fine for me. That oil line was the only failure and it can wipe a turbo out so maybe use a high quality line or switch to bent tubing instead. I got a roll of copper tubing for 10 bucks and used that for a leak free, everlasting oil feed. It even dissipates a little heat from the oil before it hits the turbo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement