Anyone heard of, or used this company? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By midnightlaundry
  • 1 Post By Twinturbofox

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 08-24-2017, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Anyone heard of, or used this company?

Hey guys so I'm looking into possibly turboing or supercharging my car vs swapping to a coyote. I have a 91 fox that I'm slowly upgrading now since she had been garage queened for the last decade and I'm done with grad school. I saw this company CX racing and they had a nice twin turbo set up or at least it looks that way. Anyone tried this company or know of anyone who has, or just know of any good or bad stories regarding it. My car isn't a daily driver, more of a weekenderish, drive to car shows or meets, or just out for a spin. Thanks for any feedback.

Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_2415_1503614346251.PNG (1.06 MB, 64 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 08-25-2017, 03:35 PM

Trader Feedback: (21)
I bought the now discontinued fox single turbo header kit, it was like $340 for both headers and crossover pipe. The headers fit great. The crossover pipe was all wrong, and so was the ball socket connection. They said they would take care of it. In the end they never did a single thing. I sent pics, emails, phone calls. My fab skills are pretty good so I made it all work, and am happy with it. But my experience with CX racing.......your on your own.

For everything that is worthwhile, there is a counterfeit.
post #3 of 22 Old 08-26-2017, 09:38 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
I have the TT kit. It's a ton of work to install it. There are no directions because every install is unique, and it's assumed that you have skills and know what you're doing. There's little info on it that I've ever found other than these links. I had a descent build thread going until Photobucket pulled the rug out.

How to Install the CXRacing Twin Turbo - Wild Deuces - 5.0 Mustang
Dyno Testing CXRacing's Twin-Turbo System - PSIchotic Stroker - MM&FF

I'd go with their new single if I were you.

1quick95 and Dono2 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 08-26-2017, 09:57 PM

Do not see the reasoning by using a twin turbo system on a stock block 5.0.A CX Racing single turbo system can generate more than enough power to spilt that block in half.Stick with the single system. Less headaches.Less stuff to go wrong.My 2 cents.
post #5 of 22 Old 08-29-2017, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

I guess that's true bc it would probably just blow my block. But it's more the I just want twin turbos aspect. I haven't looked into their single turbo systems just On3 and Hellion
post #6 of 22 Old 09-15-2017, 06:48 PM
P63

Trader Feedback: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggjupiter410 View Post
Do not see the reasoning by using a twin turbo system on a stock block 5.0.A CX Racing single turbo system can generate more than enough power to spilt that block in half.Stick with the single system. Less headaches.Less stuff to go wrong.My 2 cents.
The party line is that a single turbo will take longer to spool up whereas twins can spool up faster.

That's the party line, that's not me claiming it to be true.

Victor Marshall

Copyright 2019.
May be quoted on the Corral. Not to be otherwise copied or reprinted without permission.

... and the avatar is the UK band The Primitives.
post #7 of 22 Old 09-15-2017, 11:39 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
Twins look Kewler!

ks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevin Slaby
2002 GT 2V 902hp/820tq through the muffs.
http://baselinesuspensions.com/Projects/balrog.htm
post #8 of 22 Old 09-18-2017, 10:27 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Luckily Midnight posted up. His was the first CX twin kit I saw that was well documented. Not a beginners kit in my opinion, and though it does look wicked, I don't think it has many benefits over a single kit.

I think the general consensus is that the On3 kit is overall better than the CX racing Single Kit, FYI. Especially if the V-Band flanges are indexed now, which I read that they are.
post #9 of 22 Old 09-18-2017, 10:31 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
It is my opinion that turbo lag is a function of the turbo, not whether there are one or two turbos.

One turbo takes up less room and is easier to plumb.
post #10 of 22 Old 09-18-2017, 03:46 PM

If the turbos are properly mapped to be in their highest efficiency zone in both scenarios (twin vs single), the lag is a function of inertia. Two turbos could have more inertia than one, though one large one could have more than two small ones, it just depends on what turbos the engine is calling for and the specific data from those turbos. Every engine is different and it's both difficult and time consuming to calculate your engine's actual airflow in order to map a turbo precisely. For these reasons, we've figured out what works decently well for certain engine sizes and power ranges off the shelf and stick with what is recommended.

From there you can start swapping turbos once you thoroughly test your build and figure out what the car needs. I believe @TomR; had experience doing this somewhat recently, if he cares to elaborate.

I agree to just keeping it simple with one unless you have a race engine that warrants the airflow of twins (see 2500-4000hp turbo big blocks).

post #11 of 22 Old 09-18-2017, 06:51 PM

I believe this conversation is headed towards opening a big can of worms about which is better, single vs twins. To better answer the question of the OP, turbo companies are a dime a dozen in the past 20+ years, some are still in the game, some have folded, do your research carefully on who to choose and don't let price be you leading factor. You've already made a wise move in asking around. More often than not in MY opinion, is that you start out with a "KIT" and later upgrade or modify due to fitment, shortcomings, power, or intended use of vehicle.
post #12 of 22 Old 09-28-2017, 02:11 PM

I have just finished installing there twin gt35 kit. I made a blog on how my install went since like others have said they don't supply any instructions. The price wasn't that bad.

since i'm new it won't let me post my blog link, but if you go to world press blog and type in the search field cxracing twin turbo my blog comes up and how the install went with the problems i ran into.
post #13 of 22 Old 09-28-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinturbofox View Post
I have just finished installing there twin gt35 kit. I made a blog on how my install went since like others have said they don't supply any instructions. The price wasn't that bad.

since i'm new it won't let me post my blog link, but if you go to world press blog and type in the search field cxracing twin turbo my blog comes up and how the install went with the problems i ran into.

PM me the link and I'll post it. I can't find it on a google search
post #14 of 22 Old 09-28-2017, 04:14 PM

I went this route because of where i live no one has it on a foxbody, plus i wanted the challenge of trying to do it. My car was already supercharged and running 11s in the 1/4 before the switch.
post #15 of 22 Old 09-28-2017, 05:25 PM

post #16 of 22 Old 10-07-2017, 11:51 AM

here is vid of mine first startup
5.0thunder likes this.
post #17 of 22 Old 10-09-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
here is vid of mine first startup https://youtu.be/br5nyPi9VhA
How are you liking the SDS system? Very few people running that on these cars. Seem promising?
post #18 of 22 Old 10-10-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0thunder View Post
How are you liking the SDS system? Very few people running that on these cars. Seem promising?
I'm enjoying it, lots of tuning and tweaking i'm able to do. The display unit gives me real time data of basically everything. I can see my timing, duty cycle of injectors, rpm, throttle response and list goes on. Its a Canadian company, out of Alberta. The customer service is amazing.
post #19 of 22 Old 10-10-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
I'm enjoying it, lots of tuning and tweaking i'm able to do. The display unit gives me real time data of basically everything. I can see my timing, duty cycle of injectors, rpm, throttle response and list goes on. Its a Canadian company, out of Alberta. The customer service is amazing.
Is the car actually driveable yet?
post #20 of 22 Old 10-10-2017, 09:51 AM

It is....next weekend i plan of having vid of it driving around my town, it was raining this past weekend and it was thanksgiving here so no time to drive it. The car isn't insured and i wont have the front bumper on so no out out town driving.
post #21 of 22 Old 10-11-2017, 11:45 AM

Trader Feedback: (16)
Garage
i ran their headers with a raised port head and had issues with the plug access and burning spark plug wires, they worked good but for my application header pipe sizing was just too small and caused to much restriction. they will work good for a mild build but if you want more get with ponydown and have them build some headers for you. the headers install easy enough but a few bolts are hard to reach especially with 1" bolts. have the flanges surfaced prior to install and save yourself some headaches. just my .02.
post #22 of 22 Old 10-20-2017, 07:31 PM

I just took the car for its first drive...my wife was the co pilot taping sorry for having me in the vid to much.

Watch "cxracing twin turbo gt35 kit 900hp foxbody first drive" on YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement