Maximum Boost by Corky Bell - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-29-2003, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Maximum Boost by Corky Bell

This was a recent email I had sent to Bell Engineering after reading the Book that Corky Bell had published. But I quess them guys really have no time to answer questions if it don't have a pay back. So here it is, hope someone can shead some light on the questions I have.

Thanks,
Pnyxxpress

Hi,

I'm Mike from St. Louis, Mo. Last year I installed a Cartech Turbo System. Since then I have come across 100s of questions about tuning the setup to the max. All of these questions have been answered with the reading of "Maximum Boost". Except I still have a few still unanswered and hoping someone at Bell Engineering can clear my confusion.

1). In the book it states octane, if raised 3 points you can possibly get 2 more pounds of boost without detonation. I'm not sure what points are....If I use 93 octane and bump it to 93.3 ? Or is the points whole numbers take 93 octane to 96 octane? Is that an indefinite statement, is every 3 points good for 2 pounds of boost?

2). Being I live in a emission crazy location. I have 10% alcohol in the pump gas. The book recommends not using this mixture. What can I add to the fuel to compensate for this? Several enthusiast have recommended using xylene or toluene as an octane additive instead of the expensive over the counter mixtures. What are the long term effects? Would you recommend something, if the two I mentioned are not a good choice.

3). This third question is more of judgment call, so if time allows, elaborate a little if you please....Adding boost to a point is a good way to enhance the performance of any motor, but 40 bhp I'm seeing per pound of boost will diminish as the boost numbers increase. Given I'm at a point where I can add, lets say 2 pounds of boost or increase my timing 2-3 degrees what would be the better of the two options?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-01-2003, 07:22 PM

ttt

interesting stuff

post #3 of 6 Old 02-15-2003, 04:59 PM
Please call me Mike

Trader Feedback: (46)
di you get a return email from them ?

84K 88 LX Vert 5spd: 3.73s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-15-2003, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Never heard a word...

pnyxxpress
post #5 of 6 Old 02-16-2003, 12:27 AM

Corky Bell has some kind of pay website, i stumbled across it a while ago. It has some weird pay scale, the more you paid the more you got access too, the most expensive option you'd get to email him direct etc. the other lower options was seein questions other people had asked and his response's
post #6 of 6 Old 02-16-2003, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. You would at least think someone could of relpied and told me this. Or something????? Anyway, I got my answers from another site.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement