ANyone looke at this EFI setup for use in this scenario? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-29-2003, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
ANyone looke at this EFI setup for use in this scenario?

I've been researching EFI setups for my current combo. I have been looking long and hard at the Edelbrock Pro-Jection setup, pt. # 3651, I believe. With the setup I plan on running, turbocharged 306, with 65.5CC heads, I was planning on running a BSFC of .55, which would put my desired injector sized at 55#/per hour. The largest sized injectors I can get with this setup is 42#. This is due to the type of injs. that are supplied with the kit, and the fuel rails are canted. so I can't just slap in a set of 55's. Since the system is speed density, the baro sensor is good only up to 1 bar.

I have a feeling that I'm going to have to rig a way to get more fuel delivered to the engine, and have planned on adding a 50-shot of NOS via nozzles added to the Performer RPM intake that comes with the setup. This way, it serves three purposes: 1. Add more fuel (if I decide to run it really fat) 2. Cool down the air charge coming into the CC and 3. Reducing spool time.

I'm curious to see if any of you turbo guys have looked at the Edelbrock setup, or the Holley setup. Any help would be appreciated. My buddies look at me like I'm crazy. Maybe I am...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-29-2003, 06:15 PM

Those systems aren't designed or for boosted applications, 1 bar is for N/A, you'd need a system with no less than 2 bar which is good for about 15spi,3 bar is good for about 30psi,

I'd suggest looking into F.A.S.T. or Accel Gen7 DFI, both systems are the electronics only, not like edelbrock/holley that are complete, if your looking for a complete setup, contact a company like kinsler or youngs performance, both have experience with fuel injection and boost

Good Luck

post #3 of 5 Old 01-30-2003, 09:48 AM

Trader Feedback: (7)
Dude, your in Georgia...Call Tim at MV Performance...770.725.7862 & get yourself a Gen VII....

"All your base are belong to us"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-30-2003, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

They are being used on boosted apps...

The person that I spoke with at Edelbrock said that one of the other techs in his dept. has this setup on his 66 'stang. He's only running a few #'s of supercharged boost, but didn't know the specifics on how it was set up.

I was looking at this setup mainly because of the fact that it's all inclusive. From the fuel system to the distributor, it's ready to convert a carbed stang into an EFI stang. Plus, I'm still gathering parts to complete the EFI portion of my setup. Still having to choose what type of upper and lower, finding a computer, etc... So, from an installation standpoint, and asthetically , would be a helluva lot easier to install with everything in one box.

I did look at Anderson Motorsports PMS as a control unit, but damn, it's high. And that's just the electronics portion of it...
post #5 of 5 Old 01-30-2003, 06:46 PM

Keep us updated

Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement