Total Performance Turbo - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 01-25-2003, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
Total Performance Turbo

for the owners of 99+ stangs that have this kit on it, how quick is your cat ets if ya have them or guesstimate, how much did you pay/what size turbo, how much was install, what kills do you have under your belt, and what other mods do you have in addition to this turbo, any issues w/it thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-25-2003, 11:46 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Ill let you know it will be going on at the end of february. Hopefully the weather is a little better then. All in all its a nice looking kit. I got the T64 wih my kit. check sig for rest of mods.

post #3 of 9 Old 01-25-2003, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
can the underdrive pullies be used w/the turbo? i know they cant be used if you have a s/c i just assume the same w/a turbo. can a timing adjuster be used, or any aftermarket exhuast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 01-25-2003, 04:05 PM

Underdrive pulleys can be used beacuse the turbo does not run off of a belt like a supercharger does; although mine will be coming off when i get the new motor built. The kit comes with a chip so youi dont need a timing adjuster. And you should be able to use any cat back system as the turbo kit comes with a y pipe already.
post #5 of 9 Old 01-25-2003, 04:11 PM

The pullies won't be a problem cause it's not belt driven!

A good catback is a must, the developement car did have Roush side exhaust when it made those initial numbers. There is some debate at how good these muffs really are, but most likely they are better than the stockers!

Dynomax Ultraflows seam to be the muffler of choice but having these at one time myself, I wasn't happy with the quality of it or the fit. Have Steeda/Borla cat-back now and not going to change for any reason. Magnaflow also would be good, any straight thru design.

Last edited by lou'sblk01gt; 01-25-2003 at 04:14 PM.
post #6 of 9 Old 01-25-2003, 06:36 PM

As far as mufflers, don't get a chambered muffler like a Flowmaster... A straight through type of muffler.. The chambered muffler adds more restriction because of the way it's tuned..
post #7 of 9 Old 01-27-2003, 03:34 PM

These guys are right, I did a before and after test on my car after the muffler swap:

http://www.turbomustangs.com/mufflerswap.htm
post #8 of 9 Old 01-27-2003, 10:28 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Well there are only three cars out there now...

1st - don't know the status of Nathan currently
2nd - me, I wasn't setup safety wise at the end of the season - that is being addressed next week as are a few other things that are being done in the offseason.
3 - Pat, he doesn't have the correct tune yet - chip should be to him shortly as JMS recently finished it.

My guesstimate would be for my car (on drag radials) to be a mid/high 11sec car (having owned a 10sec car) but I am not setup for drag racing so I cannot be used as the sole indicator and suspension can mean a night/day difference.

Pulleys can be used, but aren't necessary. Same for the TA. For the price, they are not worth the power gains. I purchased a set of pulleys two weeks back - but for looks (BBK satin aluminum) not for power. Don't waste your money on pulleys, TA, throttle bodies, etc. If you want to get something, upgrade to the Lightning MAF with the kit.

Catback just get what has been recommended.... Dynomax Ultraflow, Magnaflow, or any other of that design (I don't have any experience with the Borla/Steeda setups).

Any other questions, feel free - be happy to answer.

2000 Performance Red Mustang GT ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

Tuned by ChrisSK @

November 2003 Feature Car

March 2004 Feature Car

2000 F-350 CrewCab Powerstroke Lariat LE Dually
2004 SeaDoo RXP : 2003 Yamaha Grizzly
post #9 of 9 Old 01-27-2003, 10:38 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
I was just reminded that there are three other cars currently underway or just at completion....my bad

2000 Performance Red Mustang GT ~

:

Tuned by ChrisSK @

November 2003 Feature Car

March 2004 Feature Car

2000 F-350 CrewCab Powerstroke Lariat LE Dually
2004 SeaDoo RXP : 2003 Yamaha Grizzly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement