1 Wastegate or 2 ? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-07-2016, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
1 Wastegate or 2 ?

Hey fella's. I am building my hot side next Saturday. I have disgust this with a few people but I am looking for some people on the corral to chime in also. I am building a Big Bore 3.25 stroke single turbo setup. I am starting with a S480 .96/1.26 T4. Its what I own at the moment with possible plans to grow into a larger custom turbo setup for my combo. So here is the combo!

total cubes 351, Custom solid roller cam, C302 Heads "big valves", 9.0 compression, Blow through carb setup with E-85, SS headers with 2 inch primary's, 2 1/2 crossover. Motor makes around 560HP N/A this combo will spin around 7400 RPM.

Thinking 2 44mm Waste gates.

ORGINAL NAME ON HERE IS "NUTZZ" NOW I HAVE NUTS. IF A MOD EVER SEE'S THIS MESSAGE PLEASE HELP ME GET MY OLD NAME BACK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-10-2016, 07:20 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Garage
The less boost you want the bigger the waste gate.

I'm sure this varies a great deal with the combo.

A single Turbonetics RG45 dumps my hotside pressure enough to stay around 18 psi boost with the BW turbo. On the line it goes down to 9 or 10 with the large spring and the screw at minimum pressure. I have not tried to go below 9-10 psi boost. Down track it will not bleed off enough to hold it at 10. It will creep up to 18 or so no matter how loose the spring.

Above 18 psi I can make it flat all the way down the track, but this is with my engine and my piping. Yours will be different. Since I never run below 17-18 down track I don't care. If I wanted to stay at 10-15 I would need a bigger gate or two gates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
89 LX. 363, single turbo, Super Vic EFI, TFS high port heads by TEA, solid roller, glide. Holley HP EFI. (exact combo varies)
post #3 of 7 Old 11-10-2016, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks man.. I was thinking 17 pounds was a lot LOL

ORGINAL NAME ON HERE IS "NUTZZ" NOW I HAVE NUTS. IF A MOD EVER SEE'S THIS MESSAGE PLEASE HELP ME GET MY OLD NAME BACK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-12-2016, 08:10 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUTS View Post
Thanks man.. I was thinking 17 pounds was a lot LOL
17-18 is not a lot.

I guess you could plan these systems, but I'm not that smart. I have to do it by cut and try. That's why I have so many spare parts and nothing in my savings

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
89 LX. 363, single turbo, Super Vic EFI, TFS high port heads by TEA, solid roller, glide. Holley HP EFI. (exact combo varies)
post #5 of 7 Old 11-12-2016, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Hahah I am the same way..! I will probably do two 44s.. Just in case this S480 don't work out I will go to a much bigger turbo. # 17 with yours you should be around a 1,000 HP. I am guess you are well over 1200.

post #6 of 7 Old 11-13-2016, 10:04 AM

Trader Feedback: (8)
I can't help with an answer but if you have the room you could always weld in extra parts in case you do need them in the future. Since I was going to have my parts ceramic coated I didn't want to be short on O2 bungs so I installed 3 for each bank. Good thing I did to b/c they were all used at some point during the tuning process.

ks

Kevin Slaby
2002 GT 2V 902hp/820tq through the muffs.
http://baselinesuspensions.com/Projects/balrog.htm
post #7 of 7 Old 11-19-2016, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

not a bad idea

Sponsored Links
Advertisement