Hellion Heat Turbo with 7675 turbo - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kool Rock Steady

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 10-01-2016, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
Hellion Heat Turbo with 7675 turbo

Ok, I will start with this. I searched and searched for the best fitting kit out there with no chassis trimming except bumper ect. I decided to pay for the most expensive kit since so many people said it was the best kit. Now I know why so many people have custom stuff made. NOTHING FITS LIKE THEY SAY!! I talked with Hellion a bunch of times about would this fit with my AOD and without any mods done except to oil pan and maybe front bumper. Oh sure it will fit. I know the magazine's show how well everything fits on their kit ect. So I decided to but their kit even though it was a lot more then everyone else. Well here is my suggestion. If anyone is looking to buy a turbo kit. I can now tell you from my experience if you want a turbo my size or similar 7675 .96 a/r then buy the turbo and have someone custom make the kit in your car..

This was the first issue. Flange is resting on inside fender rail
Had to add washers to raise the engine up.

Turbo won't fit without cutting inner fender

Instructions say to drill hole in the inside fender rail for turbo drain line(I was told no drilling or cutting except maybe bumper and oil pan)
Ok so now we move on to the front bumper. There are 2 small pieces of metal that hang down for the intercooler. once attached the intercooler can sway from side to side freely. so had to add some more supports so the intercooler can not do that any longer

Then when bumper was off the pipes were keeping the nose from bolting back on. had to dimple the pipes to the nose could go back on. Also had to get custom Silicone pieces to allow for more clearance since the pipes were rubbing on the radiator support

then just when you thought everything was in the clear the down pipe is extremely close to the valve covers and how will the ignition wires live? Wrapped the down pipe and get accel 9000 spark plug wires that handle the heat. Cut the pipe from fender to throttle body so you can close the hood but it still touches the strut tower. Quality of welds is nice but that's about it. Fitment is terrible. I have seen on3 kits fit better then this

With everything all done here is the finished product.. Big Thanks go to Mike Post at DynotuneMP for working his magic and Chris at Power Adder Solutions for being there for support. If anyone wants a turbo see Chris and then Go have Mike tune it!!

93 Notch -
Dart Block 347 Holley Dominator EFI
7675 Precision Turbo with an AOD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-01-2016, 09:25 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Nice write-up on your car looks like you definitely went through some issues I agree with you son and I always try to buy the best product figuring I'll have the fewest amount of problems and that should be the case I was talking to see Louis Mustangs on Monday and he said just go with the other three kids because YouTube changing a bunch of stuff anyways might as well start it with the cheapest and I always have a hard time in life doing that cause I figured I pay for quality and I don't kick myself but I read your article and there's a prime example love your color of your car by the way that's awesome looking what kind of power levels does you put out what was your final numbers on your tune.

post #3 of 16 Old 10-01-2016, 09:40 AM

Just re-read my post and I had my speak and spell on my phone so some things didn't come out right what he had said was go with the on 3 kids because a lot of these kits don't fit and you end up cutting a lot of stuff up I was start out with the cheapest kit it's just as good as the other ones myself I'm just going with the turbo to keep the car together with the stock block'so I can retain my factory air conditioning. Information that you provided in your article is very key for guys like me that are just about to go through you went through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 10-01-2016, 10:11 AM

im looking at the b&g kit with the same turbo hoping that will turn out nicely. heard great things about them!
post #5 of 16 Old 10-01-2016, 10:27 AM

Trader Feedback: (54)
How did the rwhp turn out?
post #6 of 16 Old 10-01-2016, 10:33 AM

With out a doubt B&G and are great kit for the money. They have a mock-up car the right there I talk to him. One of the big things with putting his turbo kits on these cars I learned is you gotta make sure you have the right motor mounts also that is huge for mounting the turbo setup you can run into clearance issues and that alone.
post #7 of 16 Old 10-01-2016, 10:34 AM

Wright motor mounts with any kit otherwise your fitment will be off on any turbo kit.
post #8 of 16 Old 10-01-2016, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Guys. Anyone who uses a turbo of my size will have fitment issues. .. I looked into the BG kit and they have same issues with a turbo of this size. If I did it again I would get the turbo and have a place fab up all the parts otherwise you will run into same trouble that I did. I would recommend starting with regular height motor mounts not vert mounts or poly mounts. you want tallest possible. If you guys want dyno #'s pm me. it's not special since this is stock block and through aod. It was also blowing past my converter so tq is not accurate but hp is.
kbscobravert likes this.

93 Notch -
post #9 of 16 Old 10-01-2016, 02:16 PM

Trader Feedback: (54)
No need. Was just wondering what it made on what boost and rpm #s. The top number cant go much above 550.
post #10 of 16 Old 10-01-2016, 06:52 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Geez man. All I did for my On3 was unbolt the China On3 70mm and bolt on a precision 7675. Sorry for hearing about you experience, but also thanks for sharing.
Regardless of kit, Chris @ PAS is a great guy.

1993 Teal Cobra #2531 1 of 452, 347, Precision 7675, The entire kitchen sink....maybe 2 kitchen sinks at this point!
post #11 of 16 Old 10-01-2016, 09:12 PM

Wow so you're saying you're on 3 kit fit better than the Hellion kit?
post #12 of 16 Old 10-01-2016, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Well the intercooler for on3 doesn't fit very well on lx front bumpers but other then that I would bet it does. What you don't get is a lifetime warranty on the pipes like you do with Hellion and the welds on the pipes are much better but really that's about it

93 Notch -
post #13 of 16 Old 10-01-2016, 11:19 PM

Makes sense thanks for all your info.
post #14 of 16 Old 10-08-2016, 01:11 PM

Trader Feedback: (16)
Garage
We put a PTE 76/75 on my buddies on 3 kit and bolted right up, no issues and fits very good. did not have to notch fender apron or any part of car. I was looking at Hellion for my 94 but just made my own twin set up instead.
post #15 of 16 Old 10-08-2016, 11:19 PM

I keep hearing ok things about the on 3 kit
post #16 of 16 Old 10-09-2016, 01:49 PM

Trader Feedback: (21)
My on3 kit went on in a breeze! Only had to trim where the charge pipe came through to meet up with the throttle body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement