Since I do not have the instructions - a couple more basic questions - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-14-2003, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Since I do not have the instructions - a couple more basic questions

Just some start-up questions.

The turbo is a T-64. Is there a procedure to pre-lube the bearing? I could pull the distributor and spin the oil pump get it primed, but is it necessary?

Also, shut down procedure. I know the turbos need time at idle before turning off the engine. Is 30 seconds enough, or should it run a full minute.

Thanks again for the info!

Mike Smith
1990 LX Coupe 5.0 5 speed w/ 2000 Exploder GT-40 engine, P heads, mystery cam (F cam per previous owner) 3.73, and not much else. In the parts pile - UPR tubular K member, CC plates. Future plans - Megasquirt & On3 turbo system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-14-2003, 07:41 AM

All you should have to do is hook it up and go. As far as the shut down time, the only thing you have to worry about is not shutting off the car if you have just ran it hard. This will "coke" the oil on the bearings. That is the reason for letting the car run for a minute or so after running it hard. In other words, just don't flog it and then shut it down immediately and you will be fine.

1988 Convertible... Turbo Technology Race Single Turbo T76
post #3 of 5 Old 01-14-2003, 10:01 AM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
If you are truely worried you could siphen(sp?) some oil into the turbo itself before fire up. I have watched people do that via a hose and funnel, never bothered to do it on any of our cars though, but we are just lazy like that.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-14-2003, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Well, if a certified and licensed "Turbo Wizard" doesn't, I'm not.

Thanks for the help.

I gotta say, the turbo looks sweet as hell sitting up on top of that exhaust header. I can't wait to get the car cranked up!
post #5 of 5 Old 01-14-2003, 01:30 PM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
haha ... Well we were just being lazy by never doing it, our justification was they is "lube" used in the assembly process as is and the oil from the motor gets to it in a very short amount of time in the start up process. Good luck with it and if you need instructions for that kit, I think one of my friends has a set, shoot me a PM if interested and I will try to contact him and see what he can dig up.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement