comparisons for kit companies - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old 01-12-2003, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
comparisons for kit companies

Is it possible to have a sticky thread for each "confirmed" Kit manufacturer.

This way kit specifics prices and availablity could be posted and updated?

You could also allow feed back for that company wich would be easily available for a new reader so he can read all postings? I would think that would make it easier to research as well.

Restrictions to prevent false claims or posts could be taken from companies or customers.

If any of you wizards or such would explain what information would be best for the consumer that should be best for them.

I would like to ease the fear most turbo post strike into would be buyers.

Though it wouldn't be perfect I'm sure it would save some from making a bad purchase.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 10:33 AM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
Re: comparisons for kit companies

Quote:
Originally posted by Carson
If any of you wizards or such would explain what information would be best for the consumer that should be best for them.
Find a company that has a large number of customers talking highly of them based on their good experiences. Not a company saying how great they are.

People should just know what to look for and decide upon that, not read what someone else is posting in a sticky as to who they should pick from over any left outs.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 11:07 AM

We will be resuming our stickied post with an outline of companies, and protocols to buying a turbo kit.

Our apology for the downtime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

So could we have a sticky on each company posted with some feedback from there customers??

Should info on all companies to be posted be gathered and finished before any is posted??

The info for a company should be based on facts Dyno ##'s or hard specs or qtr times but definately validated.

Comparisons also should be based on facts not opinion or suggestion of whats better.

I think if there is going to be a rating maybe the wizards could all get together and decide whats the most important to a consumer??
post #5 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 01:44 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
I think if there is going to be a rating maybe the wizards could all get together and decide whats the most important to a consumer??
That sounds like a big job, I wish to whomever tackles it the best of luck. Part of the problem that makes it so big is it is hard to get complete data for customer feedback, not all the customers are online or ever have been, I can think of one very good example of this. Plus getting feedback from perhaps suppliers to the companies, something that could show nature of business dealings, is also rather hard to get. Then you tackle the weeding out process of who is just friends with who and who is just enemies of who, that can "fluff" the data you get, lots of lies out there which is why I always tell people to talk to a few prior customers to see if things match in their stories. TM.com does have some minor write ups on companies on their site, nothing major though.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by snipe656
Then you tackle the weeding out process
ill tackle the 'weed'

you know whats funny, i was accused by Chip that all i said about PTK in the past was negative blah blah blah. that was on TM.com, and Aaron will back me up on this, i always said their kits were nice. it was all the other crap i was complaining about, installs and the use of 1 3/4" primarys on a street kit that will be used w/ small port heads (good luck getting header gaskets to seal) and misc other stuff. i think im pretty fair in my judgements. sorry for the rant.
post #7 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 02:00 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally posted by clement
ill tackle the 'weed'
You are pretty brave, some say being brave is just another form of stupidity though

Actually, yeah you are pretty fair in your judgements of things, most might not clue in to that without talking to you outside of the internet though.

--Admiral Aaron

post #8 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 02:07 PM

i have been told im as smart as a cinder block

i have said time and time again that there is good and bad to all these things. whether its the pros and cons from blower to turbo, or the different comprimises on different turbo kits. there has never been such a thing as a free lunch. some people are just selective readers, or get their little feelings hurt, or want to sell something and get mad when someones unbiased opinion differs from their economic gain. oh well, not my problem.

remember that guy who said turbos didnt use egt to spool up.....
post #9 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 02:14 PM
Turbo Wizard

Dude, pick a better reading color for your text! Yes, I remember that guy, but I am the one who remembers a ton from these forums, not sure why that is.

--Admiral Aaron

post #10 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Dude, pick a better reading color for your text
dude, its not the screen thats making you go blind, its the masterbation.

post #11 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 03:14 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally posted by clement
That is a myth

--Admiral Aaron

post #12 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 03:20 PM

Quote:
That is a myth
so you do masterbate a lot.
post #13 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 03:24 PM
Turbo Wizard

--Admiral Aaron

post #14 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 03:33 PM

it should be more like this
post #15 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 07:45 PM
Corral Charter Member

Trader Feedback: (3)
Quote:
so you do masterbate a lot.
Quote:
I don't put up with this garbage in the Lounge - I'm sure not going to put up with it in a Tech Forum. Please try and control yourself.

Thanks.

Bob Cosby, USN (Retired)

2010 Corvette
2005 Harley FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide
post #16 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 08:14 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Rut Ruh daddys mad

E

"Nitrous is like hot girl with with STD's. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences."
post #17 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 08:29 PM

This is the point where I think it would be wise to back off a little.

Seriously, if you dont like the thread anymore, or your mad about something then tell me, but I wouldnt provoke Bob Cosby.

Just like people will say "I dont care if I get removed", some admins will say "I dont care if I remove them."

Just chill out a little.
post #18 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mustang
This is the point where I think it would be wise to back off a little.

Seriously, if you dont like the thread anymore, or your mad about something then tell me, but I wouldnt provoke Bob Cosby.

Just like people will say "I dont care if I get removed", some admins will say "I dont care if I remove them."

Just chill out a little.
Sorry to piss him/you guys off but since this kind of thing has gone on for a LONG LONG time we thought it was part of the corral. Just like when we get false criminnal accusations of blackmail. and no one says anything to put a stop to it! whats up with that ? if you think im making this up or lying by all means ask Snipe or read Turbo Wizards thread in my or Snipes sig. Like i said im not trying to piss anyone off but i do not think its fair to us when others have done alot more wrose things then us joking around!

E

"Nitrous is like hot girl with with STD's. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences."
post #19 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 08:49 PM

Blackmail? Huh? I never said anything about blackmail.

But littering my forum with a bunch of nonsense, is not what I would expect from you guys, given the fact that you guys have more experience in turbos then most people put together.

Is this that whole Pro Turbo Kit blackmail issue?
post #20 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 08:52 PM

You guys are sharp as tacks with turbos.

Do me a favor, work with me and not against me.
post #21 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 08:59 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
You guys are sharp as tacks with turbos.

Do me a favor, work with me and not against me.
I think that is what he(Evil) is talking about, if it is I already asked Bob privately about it and will ask Chris about it, but then again I have no idea if Evil is talking about the exact thing I question them about. Take it to PM or IM you too :P

Hey if I am working with you, can I be a moderator like Bobo keeps talking about over on other forums?

Okay, that is all my fluff for here, lets get some tech talk going on. I do not understand why Mustang did not get mentioned by Bob when he supported Erics first thread in here that was COMPLETELY un tech related even in its topic.

--Admiral Aaron

post #22 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Blackmail? Huh? I never said anything about blackmail.

But littering my forum with a bunch of nonsense, is not what I would expect from you guys, given the fact that you guys have more experience in turbos then most people put together.

Is this that whole Pro Turbo Kit blackmail issue?

Christain i never said you are blackmailing us and yes this is about the PTK deal....

E

post #23 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Thats sweet I had a customer reply
I am just glad he did it before the postmungers kicked in

Maybe it would be better to have customer feedback on www.TurboMustangs.com
Maybe I'll talk to Trent about it.

I don't know it would be alot of work

Maybe I should just start a forum for us where our customers can reply and talk to others about there dealings.

Similar to Turbolocity but just feed backand link based
post #24 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 09:16 PM

Your welcome to do whatever you wish on TurboMustangs.com but it will not express the concerns or findings of the Corral in any fashion.

We will however, with due diligence, be posting our findings here.
post #25 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 09:30 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Your welcome to do whatever you wish on TurboMustangs.com but it will not express the concerns or findings of the Corral in any fashion.

We will however, with due diligence, be posting our findings here.
Who all is researching places? I knjow their is this Lee person(what the heck is his handle?) Then there is you Christian and Bob told me the research was Chris and you, so guess he did not know a few others.

So if the Turbomustangs.com findings conflict, that should be rather interesting. Then it comes down to who has more experience with the industry to better judge it.

--Admiral Aaron

post #26 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Cosby
I don't put up with this garbage in the Lounge - I'm sure not going to put up with it in a Tech Forum. Please try and control yourself.

Thanks.
consider it done. i knew there was a reason i didnt like to help anybody here anymore. thanks for reminding me.
post #27 of 37 Old 01-13-2003, 09:51 PM

Quote:
I think that is what he(Evil) is talking about, if it is I already asked Bob privately about it and will ask Chris about it, but then again I have no idea if Evil is talking about the exact thing I question them about. Take it to PM or IM you too :P

yes aaron

E

post #28 of 37 Old 01-14-2003, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Thats sweet I had a customer reply
I am just glad he did it before the postmungers kicked in

Maybe it would be better to have customer feedback on www.TurboMustangs.com
Maybe I'll talk to Trent about it.
I am ALWAYS open to hosting articles or feedback relating to turbo stuff, I don't want people to make a wrong choice. For example I have gotten a lot of emails lately regarding TDC, many people are worried they will never see their money or their turbo kit and it just sucks.

Trent
post #29 of 37 Old 01-14-2003, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Trentk
I am ALWAYS open to hosting articles or feedback relating to turbo stuff, I don't want people to make a wrong choice.
Trent
Thats great to here trent, we agree also. We here at the Corral also want our user base protected as well. That is why we have taken the stance that we have, to also properly educate the future turbo customer on what to look for when purchasing a kit.

I hope that your articles on TM work well for you, and your users over there are given a greater understanding of this very volatile market.
post #30 of 37 Old 01-14-2003, 05:44 PM

Thanks.
(actually the users are about the same from here and there, I think most mustang guys read just about all they can online and the search starts at the corral)
post #31 of 37 Old 01-14-2003, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

I am sorry I even started a thread.
post #32 of 37 Old 01-14-2003, 07:36 PM

Carson, as I told you on the phone earlier. Don't worry about it, you didnt do anything.

Five-O dont make the mistake of making a post like that again attacking my character. I dont bluff.
post #33 of 37 Old 01-14-2003, 09:16 PM

Now you delete my posts

This is the PM I just received from "mustang"

"Thats it for me
Final warning. I do not care if you stay or leave after the statements you have been making.

I will not get into a back and forth discussion about this via PM.

Next post that dereclimates me, will be your last. "

Now I am still asking what I just asked when you DELETED what I posted. Do you work for (doing work for) Turbolocity or Keith Newton? If so how can you do a comparison of companies? You are posting all this info you "know" about turbos. Have you ever had a car running with a turbo on it? How long have you had a turbo car? How is it not biased if you work for one of the turbo companies and you are preforming a comparison? Like I said in the post you DELETED. Lets let ATI do a blower company comparison and see what they come up with. I am slamming your character, I am stating facts. If it were not facts, you would not be deleting my posts. Hey Bob, is this what Corral is about now. Letting people like this can be moderator and then deleting any posts that go against what he believes? Isn't that communism? Come on Bob, how many times you going to protect him? You kick me out and there will definetly be some stink. Tell the truth and all will be settled. Just answer the questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Thats it for me

1988 Convertible... Turbo Technology Race Single Turbo T76

Last edited by mustang; 01-14-2003 at 09:47 PM.
post #34 of 37 Old 01-14-2003, 09:19 PM

Thumbs down

Im just going to say my 2 cents in this and i am done with this whole topic and everything that has to do with it!

I like the idea of corral wanting to do this but i do not feel it is the Corrals job to do this kind of thing for us. I also feel that even tho you guys (the Corral) will be 'testing' kits there will still be info that is not said from the CUSTOMERS of each kit. I think the CUSTOMERS are the ones that should have first hand say in what and how they like/dislike their kit. and how they have been treated as a CUSTOMER with their kit Company. Also why isnt this being done for Nitrous and Supercharger people aswell? I also feel you cant go around banning people when we give our Opinion(s) on something if we disagree or agree on it.

Again this is MY OPINION and nothing more and this is ALL im going to say on this topic!

E

post #35 of 37 Old 01-14-2003, 09:28 PM

This is what I posted the first time that he deleted. Just realized it was deleted as well.

Dude I have been reading and posting on the Corral for a long time. I am quickly getting tired of reading your crap Mustang. Exactly how long have you owned and turbo and how much did you pay Turbolocity for it or was it a trade (in other words you work for them). Boy that is a real fair comparison if you are getting free parts from one of the companies in question. I have personally delt with Brad and he is very helpful. But he is VERY new to the turbo industry. He was selling Cartech turbo 2 years ago when I was looking at them. You act like the Corral is the final work on Turbocharger companies. You are not going to make or brake a turbo company on here. But you should be honest about your dealings with Turbolocity. Some people get such a big head about just being a moderator. I have a family, career, etc to worry about and just come on here to learn and help. Please get off your high horse. Please tell us how long you (acting like an expert) have had a turbo on your car running and tuned? Ohh and nice forum you set up for Turbolocity. No conflict of interest there huh. Sorry if it seems harsh but it gets tiresome seeing someone on such a high horse all the time with no experience. That is what is wrong with the turbo market right now.

1988 Convertible... Turbo Technology Race Single Turbo T76
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread