Turbocharger plus 200GT auto - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-12-2003, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Turbocharger plus 200GT auto

Im just wondering about driveability on the street. This car is just a daily driver. I know a CS is nearly as much as a turbo in price , but a smaller powerband. How close is a good twin compared to say an Eaton M90 with 3.27's on a 2000GT auto. I am real close to dropping 4.10's in it though.

2000 GT auto Metallic Green
Flowmaster
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-12-2003, 09:22 PM

As far as driveability on the street, its quite nice.

I rode in one 2 weeks ago, it had more-than-ample power in contrast to a blown 2002GT I rode in.

It truly is 2 different worlds. Power however, appears to side with the turbocharged GT I was in.

If you do in fact go with a bo, I would highly advise against the 410s. I had the 410s and stepped back to the 355s.

Its very hard to comment overall on a turbo versues a blower on the basis of a wide array of variables also.

Be it my choice, well, you know my choice.

The twin turbo car I road in, quite simply stated, blew my socks off.

post #3 of 6 Old 01-12-2003, 09:24 PM

On another note, I have noticed some very good pricing on Eatons superchargers on eBay ( and yes they were legit ).

One individual was selling them moderatly stripped down for an extremely low price. I do believe his needed some extra mods to work with the car though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-13-2003, 12:13 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Street manners are fine...

I posted mpg numbers on www.turbolocity.com if you want to check them out.

I have a small surge/bucking issue that we are having a problem resolving..but it's more my EEC from what I'm told SC cars with that code are having issues as well....I just can't get JMS to return a simple email......

I know the 02 that just left Total Performance didn't have the issue.

Car got hot on me once, but that was sitting in a dead still in traffic for A WHILE, hot day, with the AC on...can't compare it to anything as I never had that happen before the turbo went on. Turned the AC off, rolled down the windows, went back to normal.

2000 Performance Red Mustang GT ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

Tuned by ChrisSK @

November 2003 Feature Car

March 2004 Feature Car

2000 F-350 CrewCab Powerstroke Lariat LE Dually
2004 SeaDoo RXP : 2003 Yamaha Grizzly
post #5 of 6 Old 01-13-2003, 12:20 PM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by snkypete
I know the 02 that just left Total Performance didn't have the issue.

Pete, sounds like you need a blow thru mass air then

--Admiral Aaron

post #6 of 6 Old 01-13-2003, 12:28 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Not sure...we have a few things to check into. It's only in a 'no load' situation - cruising with a lot of vacuum...give it some pedal, reduce the vacuum and it goes away.

Some have suggested it's because of the Walbro pump not reading the signal like the chicane pump can; others suggested fuel tip settings on the chip.

I'm just going to end up having Brad get in touch with him...strange...I've been using JMS for years and have never had an issue with Chris or someone returning contact. The problem isn't 'severe', but rather 'annoying'.

2000 Performance Red Mustang GT ~

:

Tuned by ChrisSK @

November 2003 Feature Car

March 2004 Feature Car

2000 F-350 CrewCab Powerstroke Lariat LE Dually
2004 SeaDoo RXP : 2003 Yamaha Grizzly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement