inking of Hellion Turbo with ad fox body - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Kool Rock Steady
  • 1 Post By 4wheeldrift
  • 1 Post By ACJ
  • 1 Post By PowerAdder Solutions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 05-23-2016, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
Thinking of Hellion Turbo with aod fox body

Just wondering why there is not much info on here about them. Are they just way overpriced? I know they are the most expensive but are they worth the money? Seems so many people but parts from 0n3 and customize it from there. I have an aod car and don't want to have to cut any parts of the steel body(except front bumper)

4wheeldrift likes this.

93 Notch -
Dart Block 347 Holley Dominator EFI
7675 Precision Turbo with an AOD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-23-2016, 04:04 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Garage
For whatever reason I think they are under represented on the forum, probably because of the cost. I got a Hellion kit last summer and have been extremely happy with it. The instructions were great, everything fit like a dream and there was no hammering, welding, cutting, banging or shenaniganizing required to get it on the car (89 LX notch). The quality of the v bands and other fittings were all excellent, all the piping was bent extremely well with no crumpling or pinches of any of the pipe or anything like that either. The packaging of the kit under the hood is extremely well thought out and tidy.

I specifically went with a Hellion as I'm not super mechanically inclined, I was going to do the install myself and I didn't want to have to do any custom work to get it to fit. The Hellion was the only kit I could find that the consensus was none of that would be required. I also really like the entry and exit for the intercooler being on the same side as it saves a bunch of pipe in the intact track.

ACJ likes this.

Hellion Heat 61mm turbo, 47lb/hr injectors, Aeromotive 305lph fuel pump, MSPNP2, Astro A5, stock 302 from throttle body to oil pan.
post #3 of 15 Old 05-23-2016, 07:45 PM
ACJ

Trader Feedback: (10)
What he Said ^^^^ clean excellent fit and finish
4wheeldrift likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 05-23-2016, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

I have an aod. Do you think it would still be ok with clearance. Do you have any pictures of the install or how close it is to frame or other parts. I would be getting a 7675 turbo. Thanks
post #5 of 15 Old 05-26-2016, 09:51 AM

Garage
I'll put up some pictures on the weekend when I have a bit more time, but Hellion does have some good detailed shots on their website showing the general fitment. The only spot for me that was really close was where the header/up pipe on the passenger side comes up for the turbo to sit on. It's close enough to the body to make getting the bolts into the turbo not a lot of fun, but I didn't have to clearance anything there.

As far as AOD goes, I'm not sure if there's any differences in fitment. Mine is a 5 speed car with a standard T5 case and I didn't have any issues. Unless it's not a factory automatic I can't imagine it being any worse than the T5. For a swapped transmission all bets are off though. But I had lots of room under the car for running the exhaust without hitting anything and I get no rattles or banging from the exhaust hitting anything. It's all tucked up nicely.

Hellion Heat 61mm turbo, 47lb/hr injectors, Aeromotive 305lph fuel pump, MSPNP2, Astro A5, stock 302 from throttle body to oil pan.
post #6 of 15 Old 05-26-2016, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

if you could get pics that would be great. The more the better. How do you like the 61mm? I will be putting a 7675 precision turbo on a 347 big bore with tw 170 fac heads and tmoss ported cobra intake or stock holley systemax 2. not sure about intake yet

93 Notch -
post #7 of 15 Old 05-31-2016, 03:09 AM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (8)
Sounds like it'll be stout! I'm doing a Dart 331, AFR 205, Vic Jr. EFI with(most likely) 7675 through a Lentech AOD.
post #8 of 15 Old 05-31-2016, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

When will you be done with your combo? I also changed my mind I'll port my heads to 205 and a ported Victor 50 intake. Won't be complete till winter time though
post #9 of 15 Old 06-02-2016, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

anyone have pics?

93 Notch -
post #10 of 15 Old 06-02-2016, 12:21 PM
Authorized corral.net Advertiser

Trader Feedback: (230)
I have a 1st gen on my 93 Cobra, purchased in 2005' it has been well taken care of and looks the same as the day it was new. All the Hellion systems are high quality.

Good luck!

jcg9777 likes this.

Power Adder Solutions,Inc. Supplying All Your Forced Induction Parts And Accessories -SCT Certified- Supporting TwEECer R/T - BE - Quarterhorse Tuning

For Immediate Assistance Call Us: 1.919.779.4153 email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
We do not get on the forums every day for PM Reply.

Office Hours: Monday - Friday (9:00-5:30pm) EST

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Distributor For: MegaSquirt-Top Dealer,On3 Performance Turbo Systems,Hellion Power Systems,Innovate Motorsports,Trick Flow,AFR,Pro-M Racing,Precision Turbo,Siemens Deka,Turbosmart,Spec,SCT,Moates.net,Binary Editor,Procharger,Vortech and More!

post #11 of 15 Old 06-03-2016, 01:12 AM Thread Starter

Some people say the 2.5" dp is too small. what are your feeling on that?

93 Notch -
post #12 of 15 Old 06-03-2016, 05:06 PM

Garage
I'm pretty sure the newer Hellion kits for the fox is a 3" down pipe. Mine definitely wasn't 2.5". The outlet on the turbo is a 3" v band connection and there's no reducer in there till it hits the Y where it splits for the dual exhaust. The Y steps it down from 3" to 2.5" dual exhaust.

I quite like the 61mm turbo, mine has a billet wheel but is journal bearing. It's a good size for a not heavily modded, street driven car which is what mine is. It spools pretty quick and it wasn't even close to running out of steam up top for me, at least at 5.5 psi when I dynoed it last year. Aside from bigger injectors, a bigger fuel pump and a megasquirt computer the engine is stock from the throttle body to the oil pan. I need to uncork my exhaust, the 3 chamber flowmaster 50s I have on the car right now couldn't be less boost friendly.

I was looking for pictures, and I'm rather ashamed to say I didn't do a very good job documenting the install. I've got some shots from the top in the garage while we were doing it, and a couple with the nose off while the car is (still) at the body shop but I don't have anything from underneath.

Here's what little I've got.

post #13 of 15 Old 06-03-2016, 08:52 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Rock Steady View Post
Just wondering why there is not much info on here about them. Are they just way overpriced? I know they are the most expensive but are they worth the money? Seems so many people but parts from 0n3 and customize it from there. I have an aod car and don't want to have to cut any parts of the steel body(except front bumper)
The best kit is custom

I wanted the Hellion kit because I did not want to wait on a kit , and I "donated " $1500 to Incon years ago .....

Fits great !

I don't like the mass air to throttle body pipe and the inter cooler to mass air meter tube . They are 3 inch at couplings and neck down to 2 1/2 inch . I changed both of mine due to recommendation from Chris at Pro-M . ( both now 3 inch)

The waste gate is open to atmosphere . The gen 1 kit with manual trans had the cross over pipe back by transmission and was plumbed to exhaust . Mine will be in the future .

What area do you need pictures of ?

Send me your email and I will send pictures .

I have an Aod and 7675 .

Picture of mine https://forums.corral.net/forums/body...smoothing.html

] /Freezy cam/ Dart 331 / Hellion heat / Precision 7675/ PRO-M EFI
post #14 of 15 Old 06-04-2016, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

[email protected]
I was told 7675 was the largest turbo that can fit on that kit. Is yours close to any part of the frame? What kind of power do you make? I will be running Holley efi so I won't have to worry about maf. Can you get 3" dp? Is that a custom made piece? Thanks

93 Notch -
post #15 of 15 Old 06-04-2016, 03:42 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
The header and turbo sits close to the frame rail . I have the Scott Rod panels and probably doesn't help with clearance .

The kit comes with a 3 inch down pipe . No doubt a bigger downpipe would be better but that depends on how much power you want to make .

I'm not sure how big of a turbo you can use , I've seen that turbo make 800 through an auto but was at max effort .

I have not had my car on a dyno yet but should make over 600 at around 15 psi through aod .

I'll email you pics later today .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement