TT hellion kit on 2015 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By TaraFirma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-27-2016, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
TT hellion kit on 2015

looking in to the hellion TT kit, has anyone pushed there 2015 GT to 800whp? will it hold that hp somewhat reliable?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-27-2016, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1quiksn95 View Post
looking in to the hellion TT kit, has anyone pushed there 2015 GT to 800whp? will it hold that hp somewhat reliable?
Call me skeptical that the stock bottom end would take that kind of punishment.

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptable. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted.

-Frank Herbert-
post #3 of 6 Old 01-30-2016, 05:39 AM

Trader Feedback: (11)
It won't.
Get the kit. Start with a lower boost level and start saving up for a built bottom end.
Once built internals are installed, it's just a matter of turning up the boost.
1quiksn95 likes this.

To fly is Heavenly, to hover is divine.
Don't let your mouth write a check your a$$ can't cash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 03-15-2016, 02:51 PM

I have the 5562 kit on my car with a good tune. Putting down about 850 to the ground on 15 pounds of boost with e85. Driving around town on 93 on about 7 pounds of boost it makes a little over 610 to the ground. All stock internals in the motor and I take it 1/4 racing and 1/2 mile drag racing and haven't had a single issue. It's about at that the limit of the stock bottom end, but as long as a good tune is in the car you will be fine. I've got a buddy that's making over 910 with the 6466 set up and a stock bottom with no problems too. Call the guys at Injected Engineering in Kennesaw, GA if you have more questions (they did my installation and tuning and did a great job. Plus they've done a bunch more TT S550's).
post #5 of 6 Old 03-15-2016, 10:40 PM

I like the elegance of a turbo solution. After all, you're using energy that's otherwise wasted to spin the turbines to stuff more air into your motor so it's inherently more efficient than supercharging. Having built a number of hot rods with turbos and twin turbos, what I don't like is the more complex plumbing and generally more expensive maintenance compared to a bolt on supercharger. Sure, the supercharger causes some parasitic power loss to drive the belt, but it's a LOT less complicated to install, maintain, and troubleshoot.

I'll take the claims that people have been getting 800+hp on the stock bottom end at face value, but I don't think that's going to last for very long. Strength of materials is just a statistics issue. If you stay within the "fat" part of the bell curve that defines power vs failures, you'll likely be OK for a good long while. If you're a standard deviation or two outside of that zone, the probability of roaching the motor is significantly higher. You could go years like that or it could blow up in an hour.

Best,

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptable. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted.

-Frank Herbert-
post #6 of 6 Old 03-16-2016, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the info! are you running a return fuel system?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement