Forced Induction Modeling in DynoSim5 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-23-2016, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (19)
Forced Induction Modeling in DynoSim5

Anybody here using the Performance Trends Modeling software to simulate their turbo build? Just curious as to how close the model was to your actual performance once the build was complete. And if it wasn't then why was it off, best guess? The numbers look a bit too good to be true on my build using the estimated ignition timing setting(BMEP in the 500psi range at lower RPM....that would destroy my junk for sure) I have two questions for anyone who has modeled their turbocharged setup.

Question 1 is what is the timing strategy you're using in the software? I unchecked the estimated box, and went with base timing at 12, and advance 2.5 degrees per 1000RPM up to 4000RPM. I still don't feel like this is an accurate timing curve being that my timing curve from my previous build was not that simple. So I've resorted to no advance and just locking the timing out at an arbitrary 16 degrees for all my boost level models as I feel this would be the most conservative and realistic route. Even though the software says I have a chamber timing requirement of 28 degrees I feel that's being a bit ambitious even if I am on E85 but I've never had this new build up and running so maybe it would like 33 degrees at 21 psi...once. I don't know. I've heard E85 is not detonation limited so I guess I'll be able to throw max timing at it but 32-34 degrees at 21 psi seems scary to me being that I never ran more than 24 degrees at 12 psi on my previous setup but that was on spiked pump fuel.

Question 2 is what is the turbine size diameter asking for, the exducer or the inducer? The turbine size diameter section in the manual doesn't specify whether it's exducer or inducer on the turbine. Granted, it doesn't appear either makes any difference compared to the other. I got the same peak numbers at the same RPMs whether I used the exducer or inducer measurement. But it does seem to make a difference when running the cam timing iterator...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

MFT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-26-2016, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Nobody here is using any modeling software on their builds?

MFT
post #3 of 4 Old 01-28-2016, 03:49 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadFox View Post
Nobody here is using any modeling software on their builds?
I'd like to try some.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
89 LX. 363, single turbo, Super Vic EFI, TFS high port heads by TEA, solid roller, glide. Holley HP EFI. (exact combo varies)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-28-2016, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomR View Post
I'd like to try some.
It's neat to use and play around with different combos. I ended up starting a thread over on Speedtalk, and I got my questions answered for the most part. Here's the thread: Forced Induction Modeling in latest DynoSim5 Software ? Speed Talk

TomR, has your car been on a dyno yet? If you sent me your complete build specs, I could model it in my software and that would surely provide a definitive answer as your car has been on the track as well. I have the ProRacing Sim suite package, DynoSim, DragSim and FastLapSim.

MFT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement