On3 turbo emissions - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 01-06-2016, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
On3 turbo emissions

So I bought the On3 turbo kit for my 92 very and am finally getting it installed after having it for just under a year... I bought the ypipe which I was planning on adding a cat to but was wondering has anyone kept the smog pump and emissions equipment with install is it possible? Didnt realize it needed to be removed til I really started getting into it otherwise any ideas on how the classic car insurance and emissions would work? I've been told as long as I stay under x miles and get classic car insurance I can be street legal without emissions. BTW I live in az.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-07-2016, 06:35 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Unless the emissions laws have changed since I moved away from AZ in 2007, you're screwed. When I was there they did a visual inspection and also an IM240 test. Without the smog pump, and I doubt you can work around it, you're going to fail the visual test.

1989 5.0 T5 LX Hatch - Explorer Short Block with an FMS F-303 cam, TFS TW170 heads, Tmoss Ported Cobra Intake, an On3 Turbo Kit with a 67mm Ceramic Ball Bearing Turbo, and backed by a T56 Magnum 6spd with 3.55's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement