Motor oil pissing out - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-14-2015, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Motor oil pissing out

Hi guys,
Have some issues at tuners. Frank from PSI is doing the tune great Guy.One main thing is crank pressure.We are trying to figure out why some much oil seeping out of rear main seal and valve covers.Also combined we are having to dump a lot of fuel in the tune than normal.We Thought it might be a intake leake doing this.My combo is a stock block edelbrock heads on3 70 mm Turbo upper lower intake throttle body with only 7 pound of boost.Also seem to be loosing a half pound of boost pressure on the dyno pulls.I pulled the upper lower intake off and seals look fine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-14-2015, 08:02 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Garage
It sounds like somehow you are pressurizing the crankcase.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
89 LX. 363, single turbo, Super Vic EFI, TFS high port heads by TEA, solid roller, glide. Holley HP EFI. (exact combo varies)
post #3 of 8 Old 10-14-2015, 09:50 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Do you have valve cover breathers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 10-14-2015, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

No just have the hose disconnected off valve cover I going to replace the filler cap with one.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-14-2015, 01:37 PM

See my build thread. I'm having real good luck with this setup. I originally plugged off the pcv valve port in the lower intake, but was pushing more oil out the rear main seal than i liked. I now modified the pcv valve and mounted a K&N breather in the lower intake, that is working great. Very minor leaking now out of rear main, basically same as when car was N/A.

Also after just over 3K miles I had to drain my catch can as it was full of condinsation/oil film/white pasty goop. Not bad!

Fox Turbo Build On3 70MM standard kit

1989 5.0 GT / Trickflow HCI / 70MM On3 kit

414 HP / 409 Ft Lbs on 6 PSI @ 5,500 on APS tune!
post #6 of 8 Old 10-14-2015, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Thanks.Nice build thread.So you modified PVC valve how.Was going to use on breather replacing stock oil cap and a catch can coming the factory Port under stock oil cap and vent other side to atmospher.Dont know if that will do the trick or not.Took of my valve cover but their is no splash guard for a fitting under cover wont a lot of oil will go down the line, not sure ? Do you have guards under yours.Thanks
post #7 of 8 Old 10-18-2015, 05:40 PM

Trader Feedback: (12)
Spend the extra money and have bungs welded to the valve covers and run some lines to a filtered catch can. You will have zero issues. I've got $150 or so in this type set up with steel braided lines and AN fittings. Functions great and looks nice!

1991 Mustang GT
302, 170 TFS heads, TF track heat intake, turbonetics 60mm turbo, pro force built T-5, Kurgan Tune
post #8 of 8 Old 10-23-2015, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Well instaled catch can and breather and found out car had a leak in intake which resulted the say with oil blowing out of seals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement