need info on turbos - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 12-12-2001, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question need info on turbos

I am looking to sell my car and buy a 94-95 5.0 302 and mod it. I am going have about 5-6 grand to drop on the engine. I was looking at Turbo Driven Concepts Stage 2 turbo kit and was wondering if anyone had direct expirence with this or any good info. I was also thinking about some twisted wedge heads and a E-303 cam. Should I go holley upper and lower intake or edelbrock. I was also wondering about the best suspension, but I won't have as much money for that. Thanks for any of your help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-12-2001, 08:16 PM

Why not take your time and find one that someone has already spent some money on who is ready for a new toy?

You might find one with heads, cam and intake, and the ALL IMPORTANT forged pistons with a stronger bottom end.

I can tell you from experience that any turbo system will eat up any 302 that is not prepared for it. The kit you reference especially. 5-6 grand would be a start. Now a supercharger setup would be in that range, say a Vortech or ATI, plus the stock computer will be able to be programmed for it much more easily.
The 302 computers have no idea when a turbo asks for more fuel, but superchargers are linear to rpm and fuel is mappable.

post #3 of 5 Old 12-12-2001, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

I was also leaning toward the supercharger but a turbo was just a lot of power i couldn't pass up. I was looking at the Vortech. I guess I could go heads, cam, intake and other Natural Aspirated stuff then drop the charger. Thx for the feed back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-12-2001, 10:12 PM

i was looking at the 2x kit for the future and i would definitly not get the kit unless i had a good motor to bolt it to. you are going to want to get a good crank, rods, ets. you can't just throw it on a stock bottom end and expect that to live. i would go edelbrock, btw
post #5 of 5 Old 12-13-2001, 03:15 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Check the power adder forum. There´s alot of guys out there that are running less than 10 pounds of boost on a stock engine.

But since we all want more power, even after we hit what we thought would be enough , I´d suggest building the engine to withstand the constant abuse

You could contact some of those that sell complete turbokits like the one you mentioned or Cartech through Brad at www.nothingbutperformance.com ......

The basic kit will cost you around $ 3500 + all the extras ..... I´d say that you can do it for about 5 k, but if you´re like me, you then also want to upgrade suspension, transmission and brakes ....... then 6 k isn´t enough ........

Sponsored Links
Advertisement