questions about a turbo - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 09-12-2002, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
questions about a turbo

hi everybody i'm new on this board. i've been going to FVC hot rod lincolns for awhile though. i have an 89 lincoln mark VII LSC. it's basically a big heavy foxbody mustang. a have a few things done. i just got the car about 6 months ago and i'm not loaded so the mods come very slow. i have a NOS wet kit coming and i'm going to use the plate that comes with a nitrous works wet system instead of the usual fogger nozzle. i'm going to start with a 100 shot and probably bump it to a 125. i am getting FRRP 4.10 gears and a trac-loc rebuild kit in about a month. i like this car because it can be made very fast and it is an AWSOME sleeper. i mean who ever would expect a big old black lincoln to have any speed?
anyways to get to the point, i have a friend that just aqquired a 90 LX 5.0 with a 5 speed. it took me a few years to convert him and lead him to the "REAL" thing.(he was a honda boy for years) he wasn't a ricer though. he never did any of the wings and gay ****, just motor work. he had a CRX that went 14.1'[email protected] on motor and it was completely stock looking even the stock wheels. anyways, he wants to build a high 10sec. to low 11sec. turbo mustang. he wants to know what all he'll need done to the motor and if he should run 2 smaller(T4) turbos or 1 big one(T66). i'm not really up on the turbo systems for the 5.0's so i really can't help him out. i know lugo's in orlando does turbo kits on mustangs and he was wondering on average what they cost. any help would be appreciated. thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-13-2002, 04:53 AM

Does he want to fab a kit up himself, or run a premade kit? For a cheap custom kit to make, he can flip some headers upside down, then go with a pair of cheap t3's as found on turbo coupes and merkur xr4tis'. A pair of those hairdriers is plenty to dip into the low 10s easy.

99 black cobra built bottom end, ported NAVI heads, cams, etc. n/a w/n20
93 white coupe- 306ci, 14psi s-trim, tko600
'06 black Subaru STI- spec clutch, blizzak snow tires, 475hp on 91 octane.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-13-2002, 09:27 AM

www.turbomustangs.com

and

www.toohighpsi.com

awesome web sites.

also try www.turboford.org I think that's it..

-Dave-

93 Calypso notch... Built 306 H/C/I etc... Runs 11.9's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-14-2002, 07:45 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
He can get 10's with either a twin kit or a single kit. A couple of TurboCoupe turbos or similar will get 10's, even on a fairly stock motor (high boost and race gas are your friends ). Something like a T60 or PT63 can get 10's with a stock motor too. Race gas and high boost again. Or he can get a custom turbo cam, good heads and intake and pump gas with either turbo setup and lower boost and get 10's. There's lots of ways to do it. Try talking to some guys at www.turbomustangs.com

Scotty we need more power!!!
post #5 of 5 Old 09-14-2002, 07:45 PM

Re: questions about a turbo

Quote:
Originally posted by DAVES89LSC
i mean who ever would expect a big old black lincoln to have any speed?
Anyone whos seen Ant's car run...

Zach
'81 Boxtop Zephyr. BPUed 302/C4. A few mods, and a huge pile of parts to be put on.
1990 F150 4WD: 5.8/E4OD. Pretty much stock. Driven Daily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement