Thinking of going turbo - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 09-09-2002, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Thinking of going turbo

Right now I am looking at getting an SN95 Stang. I'm also looking at getting the stage 2 turbo kit from: http://www.turbodrivenconcepts.com/50mustang.html

Now I have read up on turbo's and stuff, but does anyone know what a rough estimate would be how much more than the cost of the kit I would need to spend for the turbo set up? I see I would need upgraded fuel system components, a larger cat back, and some smaller accesories in the engine. Would I be able to get everything I needed for: $4500 for turbo, $1000 for other parts, so a total of $5500? Or am I missing out on any big parts here?

Thanks.

Also:
I might go for a build it myself sort of thing, but I don't have too much experience in the turbo world.
Also, anyone have that kit? How well does it hold up/install?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-09-2002, 09:56 PM

Go for it! It's a lot of fun.

I wouldn't go TDC though. They make decent stuff, but they're a little pricey. I got my parts from Turbo technologies For about $4500 I have a complete setup, eectuner, ProM MAF, and 42# injectors.

Go over to Turbomustangs.com and start reading up on it.

If you've never fabbed a turbo setup before, an SN95 is NOT the car to learn on! Just buy the kit.

post #3 of 4 Old 09-09-2002, 09:57 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Depends on how much power you are wanting to make.

I would say larger injectors and an inline fuel pump at a minimum. More than likely a new tranny (if you have a T5). Over 500 RWHP, the stock block may become questionable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-09-2002, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. I noticed (Brian94Cobra) you ran a 13.19 with the turbo... I was thinking that the turbo stangs were a bit faster than that
What was the 60ft? Was that fully tuned and everything? What kind of HP are you making? Single or Twin?
Thanks

I probably won't be wanting to go over 500rwhp, so I should be safe on the stock block. I'm also a mile above sea level, so making those numbers would be hard anyhow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement