high hp with maf? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-25-2012, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (17)
high hp with maf?

who here is running a high hp car with mass air? im at the point where i a built motor/drive train that will take all my turbos will throw at them. the plan is to just keep turning up the boost until the turbos stop making boost....~25psi maybe. anyways, not sure what a 333ci motor, with 9.4:1cr, meth injection and 25psi will make in hp but wondering if it can be done reliably with mass air and whos doing it.

i dont have a good laptop or an lc-1 so i would need both if i went to MS. im sure i could sell my 80mm pmas and the stock ecu might be worth a dollar or two. not sure how cheap i could build a MS for, still researching. only tuner in vegas wants to use sct or quarterhorse....both maf of course. he is a huge fan of the stock ecu and has advised to stay away from anything aftermarket.

i like the MS because of data logging and that the tune can be done based on boost pressure making it easy to run a street tune and a race tune. i dont really want to run full boost or meth on the street but if i can only have one tune its all out. i dont like the idea of street "tuning"

guess im asking a question and venting at the same time. some one ease my mind in one direction or the other.

TWIN TURBO!! Because bottles are for babies and superchargers blow
megasquirt, 331, twin 66s, ported 205cc head, efi spyder intake, 160# injectors, e85
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-26-2012, 09:38 AM

Trader Feedback: (8)
I like speed density.. Not much experience with mass air.. But any tuner that wants u to stay stock isnt much of a tuner.. Ur close to cali.. I would recommend buying what u like and finding a tuner thats used to dealing with fast cars..

U can do so much with megasquirt,fast,even qter horse is a nice setup.. But if ur talkin 10 s or faster u want a good aftermarket brain

post #3 of 7 Old 11-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Authorized corral.net Advertiser

Trader Feedback: (230)
You can go along ways with a stock ecu and simply burning a chip, I have made 1000 + Rwhp with a chip tune. However there are many ways to approach this and your overall goals at the end of the day, a nice standalone system would benefit for tuneabilty with high boosted applications.

Thanks.

Power Adder Solutions,Inc. Supplying All Your Forced Induction Parts And Accessories -SCT Certified- Supporting TwEECer R/T - BE - Quarterhorse Tuning

For Immediate Assistance Call Us: 1.919.779.4153 email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
We do not get on the forums every day for PM Reply.

Office Hours: Monday - Friday (9:00-5:30pm) EST

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Distributor For: MegaSquirt-Top Dealer,On3 Performance Turbo Systems,Hellion Power Systems,Innovate Motorsports,Trick Flow,AFR,Pro-M Racing,Precision Turbo,Siemens Deka,Turbosmart,Spec,SCT,Moates.net,Binary Editor,Procharger,Vortech and More!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-26-2012, 05:46 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Like PAS said, they will all get you there. It may be up to what tuner you are using prefers. Or if you want to self tune, what you are capable of using.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-27-2012, 01:16 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Have you looked into a slot style MAF?
post #6 of 7 Old 11-27-2012, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (17)
No because its still a maf

TWIN TURBO!! Because bottles are for babies and superchargers blow
megasquirt, 331, twin 66s, ported 205cc head, efi spyder intake, 160# injectors, e85
post #7 of 7 Old 11-27-2012, 08:27 PM

Trader Feedback: (14)
you can make big power with a MAF...but Id swap over to a slot style MAF...

as PAS said though...depends on what you tuner prefers

'18 Charger Hellcat
95 Cobra - Comp Billet PT8047 DIY Turbo and 340CI A4 Car
Palm Beach Dyno tuned - juuuuuuuust a little over 385RWHP....
RIP - Jerry"BabyLove" Glover ....1952 to 2012...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement