Ford Mustang Forums banner

Big time converter issues!

550 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  boostedstang98 
#1 ·
Hey guys just wanted some opinions on what I should do. My setup is a stock 5.0 with on3 70mm turbo. Car makes 453rwhp and 550rwtq. Tq comes all in by 3k and hp drops off at 5k. I have a c4 in it with TB and 3.27's out back, 28 DR's. I have had 3 converters in the car all from the same company. The first one stalled at 4200 on TB. Way to high for this little stock motor. I would be at 6k just past the 1/8 mile. Then we went with another and it stalled at 3800 on TB. Then we tried another and its the opposite, stalls at 1800 on TB and will not build boost off the line. Our target was 3k on the TB. What should I do I'm tired of doing this over and over. Should I try someone else?

#3 ·
Im using broader performance out of texas. He is a good guy to deal with but im getting tired of swapping it out and paying for shipping. All i need is a 3 k stall on the t brake. I hope that will build 10 psi

#4 ·
Go here and never look back. Has a reputation for nailing converters down quickly and being extremely customer friendly..

Lenny @

Ultimate Converter - Home

#6 ·
Ive ahd the same issue. Jay is a nice guy and really good to deal with just not sure how much experience he has with turbo stuff. Mine was way to loose had 26%slip in it and would go 4500-5k on the tb. Sent it back to him and when i got it back i get 2200 out of the tb which does me no good can build boost down that low. Ended up having a local company mess with it and we r making little changes since turbo stuff can be touchy. Now im at 2600 with it so going to make one more change and we think we will be ok so time will tell. Just hard to dump another 1000 bucks on another converter so we will see what i can do locally. Its so nice to have to to ship it anywhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.