Ford Mustang Forums banner

TURBO QUESTIONS

2K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  SVTGUINN 
#1 ·
New to the turbo game and had a few questions. My setup is 347 stock block out of the box twisted wedge heads turbonetics 73 mm silver fox aod. It has 373 gears in it now just wondering is 331 or 327 gonna make a big difference in et? Ran the car wed night and it ran 10.68@127 no trans brake leaving on
-10 psi and my othe question is water meth will it make the operating temp lower on everday driving? Dont want it for more power just to keep engine temp down.

#2 ·
what rpm where you crossing the traps at? You should have been running out of gear with the 73s. 127 should get you into the 10.4, not bad for no t/b.
Water/ meth is for cooling your inlet temps while on boost not for cruising. You have to evaluate your cooling system and see what you can change to bring the temps down.

#8 ·
I run a snow performance stage 2 kit NICE kit.....havent made pass yet..hoping for low 11's

#10 ·
Thanks I hope so...it is a heavy Vert...it made just under 500 rwhp thru an AOD.I would love to click off a low 11 second pass...

#11 ·
Meth is for on boost...Good times by the way...Yes turbos are easier on blocks..not as violent...Your close to the limit...I have ran as much as 17psi all the way down the track, but HP is what splits them not boost...I dont have great heads and intake but runs good anyway....lol...

#12 ·
I am switching from 3.73's to 331's I run out gear at the track. I am thinking about TB too from silver fox. You like his trans? How long you have it? Is it a lockup?

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

#16 ·
SVTGUINN...curious, what does the car weigh? Tire size?
Trying to finish up my turbo build over the winter. Hoping for some good times.

#19 ·
nice. Im at 3240 (i was 228lbs, down to 211 and counting..lol) last we checked before Team Z suspension and Turbo setup. Praying for an under 3200lb car when everything is said and done.

#20 ·
Only turbo car ive ever owned was a buick GN back in the early 90's. So this would be my first Turbo stang. CAnt wait...

#21 ·
Ive owned everthing from supercharged,nitrous,and ive had 4 cyl turbos..All i can say is WOW on a turbo Fox body.its insane...I havent even hit full boost yet...lol....I will always want a turbo V8....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.