Combo run down and some help from the herd?? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 10-21-2012, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (8)
Combo run down and some help from the herd??

Hi fellas, I recently decided to quit playing with slow cars and blowing stock #### up and just go big.. Im like 95% done with the car.. But im looking to some more knowlegable people for some advice.. Im gonna run down what i have and anything i dont that is a must please let me no.

What it is...
89 lx, boss block 347 stroker with forged everything, 8.5.1 compression, aluminum trickflow highports, trickflow track heat intake,anderson motorsport b-41 cam, msd 6al box ,distrubutor ,and coil .. Borg warner 75 mil turbo with 75 mil throttle body, air to air intercooler, all aluminum no flex piping.. Tko 500 with center force clutch.. Alm drive shaft, 373 gears in 8.8 with 31 spline moser axles .. Upr tubeular k member and a arms with strange coil overs in front and upr upper and lowers in back with strange shocks..

Question??
What engine managment system ?? Been leaning towards qter horse..
What boost controller?
What else am i missing? Or forgetting?
Tryin to beat my best of 9.88 .. Any help getting there would be apprciated..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-22-2012, 01:05 PM

Trader Feedback: (26)
What engine managment system ?? DFI Gen 7, Holley EFI, BS3
What boost controller? Forge for Manual. I like my Greddy Profec B myself for an EBC
What else am i missing? Or forgetting? An Auto. And you are going to need a lot less gear. 3.27 or 3.08 is what you need.

2015 Focus ST
2004 Kenne Bell Mach 1 - Gone
1993 Turbo GT - Gone
post #3 of 5 Old 10-22-2012, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks toxic.. Ya no the gears alittle big, im gonna try and upgrade to a 9 in over the winter to try and improve.. Def thanks for the suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemusclebullies View Post
Thanks toxic.. Ya no the gears alittle big, im gonna try and upgrade to a 9 in over the winter to try and improve.. Def thanks for the suggestions.
I suggest get a Megasquirt and be done with it. I am switching from SCT to Mega. They also have an electronic boost controller.

I say lower gears to atleast 327. Oh and swicth to a Auto, you wil LOVE it.

1989 GT Vert.. Major Changes for 2013 Wish me luck
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old setup from 2012 On3 Turbo, Trick Flow 170 Heads, Edelbrock RPM upper & Lower, Trick Flow Stg 2 cam, UPR K-member and control arms and Strang front and rear coil over, and UPR upper and lower rear control arms, MM frame connectors Fully Built AOD, 512whp
post #5 of 5 Old 11-03-2012, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89BlackGtVert View Post
I suggest get a Megasquirt and be done with it. I am switching from SCT to Mega. They also have an electronic boost controller.

I say lower gears to atleast 327. Oh and swicth to a Auto, you wil LOVE it.
Been looking at the mega 3.57 leaning goin that way.. But if not im gonna ponie up for a fast classic system..
Def goin to 3.27 and having the trans face plated..
Would like to make a push for the world record on a tremec which is 8.99 at 156 i think.. Would like to try at it a time or to.. Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement